• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Fishing Changes

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've only just finished reading the notes, so not yet had time to explore the changes but:
· The chance to get books from the fishing quest has been reduced.
Lovely - for books 1 - 4, but for 5 and 6? Is book 6 even spawning?

No one, anywhere, on any uo related website I can find has any record of a player receiving book 6, and consequently no one, anywhere, has found and caught a void lobster - Not even the industrious Japanese player sites have an image of this elusive creature.

Chrome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
amount of the fish in the FishMonger quest

The amount of the delivered Fish and Crustacean is set each kind, and changes as follows.
It is assumed the request to deliver the same fish.

A : An initial value is 10, minimum is 5, and the maximum is 20.
B : When the delivery is completed, the next delivery is 5 more than the last delivery.
C : When the delivery is resigned, the next delivery is 5 less than the last delivery.
D : When the delivery of amount 20 is completed, the next amount returns to 10.
E : After of D, when the delivery of amount 10 requests is resigned, the next delivery amount becomes 20.
F : When the delivery of amount 5 is resigned, the next amount stays 5.
G : When delivery-2 is accepted with delivery-1 accepted,
the amount of delivery-2 is same of delivery-1.
H : In condition G, when both requests are completed, the next delivery is only 5 more than the G's delivery.
I : In condition G, when both requests are resigned, the next delivery is only 10 less than the G's delivery.
J : In condition G, when delivery-1 is completed and delivery-2 is resigned, the next delivery is same as the G's delivery.
K : In condition G, when delivery-1 is resigned and delivery-2 is comleted, the next delivery is 5 more than the G's delivery..
(the difference with condition J is only the order of completion and resign)

Problem

Even if the request is not resigned and it rises in standing, the amount of the Fish and Crustacean only repeats from 10 to 20.
Therefore, it is almost impossible to receive the request of 300 points or more that a high-ranking reward can be expected.

--------------------------------------------------------

In TC1
I get Junk Proof Hooks and Dredging Hook as reward of Fishmonger's Quest.
And get "smelly" holy mackerel bait.

Junk Proof Hooks : 5-lines 150points, 2-lines 70points
Dredging Hook : 5-lines 185points,
"smelly" holy mackerel bait : 40points

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"smelly" holy mackerel bait : 40points[/QUOTE]

I don't understand the above.
Do the fish hooks have uses?

Chrome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"smelly" holy mackerel bait : 40points

I don't understand the above.
Do the fish hooks have uses?
Hi.
Line and Point are showing of the difficulty of quest.
Line is kind of fish or crustacean. It exists from 1 to 6 in quest.
Point is calculated from the amount of the fish or the crustacean.
It exists from 5 to 360 in quest.

each fish is weighted depending on type :
Crab and Lobster: *2
Inshore fish: *1
Deepwater fish: *2
Dungeon fish: *3

Quest Example :
red snook (Deepwater) -- 15
yellow perch (Inshore) -- 20
This Quest is 50 points and 2lines.
50 = 15*2+20*1

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, thanks Chrome, I understand the weight thing, I've done over 1400 quests, heh. I thought those numbers had to do with the fish hooks and the fish hooks are what I'm interested in. Do they have uses?

Chrome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used Junk proof and Dredging hook.

Junk proof hook :
50 times usage. not catching shoes(already explained with UO Herald.).

Dredging hook :
50 times usage. The painting and shells might be able to fish just like the time of SOS salvage.
However, a different color has added to them at the time of SOS salvage.
"Barnacle Covered" is added in them.
Moreover, magic equipment which "Barnacle Covered" added might be caught.
Example -- Barnacle Covered Painting, Barnacle Covered Bow

T

Tane Darkbane

Ok some exciting lava fishing updates:-

you pull out an item:

cracked lava rock- axe to get lava rock - which looks like the old lrg piece of blackock
or geode sliver
or geode - 2 types so far , multiple colours
stone pavers - nice paving for the garden - 2 types so far
stone boots - boots look like regular ones
a mysterious weapon - mine was a lava infused sceptre, brittle with searing weapon item property- will test out in combat and post results

V

vvvaaannn

Is the "smelly bait" the new improved version, or the old version? Any guesses by how much it is now "improved"?

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok some exciting lava fishing updates:-

you pull out an item:

cracked lava rock- axe to get lava rock - which looks like the old lrg piece of blackock
or geode shard
or geode - 2 types so far , multiple colours
stone pavers - nice paving for the garden - 2 types so far
stone boots - boots look like regular ones
a mysterious weapon - mine was a lava infused sceptre, brittle with searing weapon item property- will test out in combat and post results
I found 4 types of pavers so far...one is set of 3 round ball looking..
Theres 2 diferent colors also ..

The foot ware all say stone shoes,boots or sandles..
The rocks are half of the cracked lava in different colors Geode....1 is a sliver of geode and is small like soul crystal but a light purple/white in color..

Havent found any weapons yet..

The cracked lava rocks drop alot and the foot ware about the same..just think what you get from the sea fishing almost..

I did this on land lava fishing... tokuno area...

I locked the items in my house in Magincia SW-5 just south of the moongate if you want to see...

Hope theres more goodys, the ones so far are cool...

Now if they just had map system like EC for old client..

T

Tane Darkbane

placing a house directly opposite yours to show everything found so far

btw dredging hooks and oracle of the sea / bait can be acquired from Haven now- click the 2 story statues

charybdis is a tough cookie - look out for the tenticles

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK saw your place..

New items..

Painting and potraits ( dark to light colors)
Shells ( look like old soap colors 70,s)
another paver (5 total) dark one also..

sea sponges ( using the old pillow art dyed greens)

You can also fish up the loot that would be in a chest as if it was spilled out...rings/armor/weaps all odd green colors ,rusty..

using dredging hook.....
Pavers are lava hooks.

OK things need to be changed....

The dredging hook needs to be diferent color..not black...
You also have art for branches..use them as coral would be nice..

Adding the chance of getting lava tile would also be nice ...

NOTE: I was using the dredging hook in deap,shallow and dungeon waters and got the same stuff...and in different lands (Tram,Ishnar...)

would have tryed out other places but statue wont give me any more hooks. :(

Thats it for now will try the Boss later if i can..

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would post pics but have no clue..if anyone is game place is SW-5..

Also the lava rocks you get from cracked ones...any chance giving them different hues in color....all of them black is sad...

T

Tane Darkbane

fished up clothing is also special hued - i wonder if these could be used as tailoring resource by cutting them up....

The sponge was fished up in deep water - everything else is from the docks - i wonder if there is anything else in dungeons...

charybdis is either invisible (underwater when fished up) or his graphic is missing from ec

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've put in a bug report on this, but just in case.

My copied char has a special fishing pole, a captain blackheart from the aquarium one - but ages old from when it was possible to enance them, it's enhanced with bloodwood. I put a dredging hook on it. All was fine till the hook ran out, then the pole lost its name, though it retained the 'aquarium reward' tag and the bloodwood colour and enhance. it's now just 'fishing pole' :(

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are some results:

120 Fishing - Deep Water
26 fish, 1 big fish, 4 sea serpants, 2 regular boots
barnacled covered items: 2 paintings, 1 candalabra, 1 plate shield, 1 bracelet, 2 barrel staves, 1 unfinished barrel, 2 deep sea sponges, 4 shells, 1 orc mask, 1 tricorne hat, 1 skull cap, 1 bloodblade, 1 tall straw hat

100 fishing - deep water
22 failure to catch anything, 11 fish, 1 sea serpent, 1 highly peculiar fish, 1 regular sandals
barnacled covered items: 1 painting, 1 globe, 4 dep sea sponges, 1 gargish bracelet, 2 shells, 2 barrel staves and 1 skull cap

The barnacled covered armor, etc appears that it can be imbued, but nothing special otherwise. The metal armor and weapons smelt to normal colored ingots and the leather unravels to normal colored leather. The cloth is unraveled to it's special color. :)

I just tried fishing with the lava hook. I noticed that you can wear the stone footwear but it immobilizes you. I had hoped they could be imbued or something but it doesn't look like it. Also, is there a use for lava rocks? There sure are a *lot* of them to just be deco only.

Here is a screen shot of pavers, geodes, lava rocks, etc.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I obtained a lava infused crescent blade. When you first get it, it looks like this:

Then single left click it to ignite it and it looks like this:

I tested it on arctic ogre lords. It looks like it occasionally adds a little bit more damage (3-5 points maybe) per hit. Also, it can be imbued. The weight is 450.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't quite get this:

"Fish oil is created from fish steaks and when used on lanterns will make them stay lit for a very long time."

Lanterns pretty much stay lit as long as you like anyway don't they?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I obtained a lava infused crescent blade. When you first get it, it looks like this:

Then single left click it to ignite it and it looks like this:

I tested it on arctic ogre lords. It looks like it occasionally adds a little bit more damage (3-5 points maybe) per hit. Also, it can be imbued. The weight is 450.
Oh there's quite a bit more to it than the wee damage you're seeing.

Be careful you don't burn yourself too much. :)

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh there's quite a bit more to it than the wee damage you're seeing.

Be careful you don't burn yourself too much. :)
Great.. more mystery effects. Remember what happened with the Hit Mana Drain, Hit Life Drain, Hit Fatigue, and Hit Curse? They didn't work at all, but since no one knew what they did exactly we couldn't tell you they were broken...

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the fix for crab meat hidden in here? You only get one no matter how much the crab/lobster weighs and they don't stack.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any plans for unstacking baits? Not wise to take 50000 uses cup and lose it fighting deep serpent.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was fun *winks*

Be careful with your boats and those tentacles! We should be trying round two soon if anyone cares to join!

BBWolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any plans for unstacking baits? Not wise to take 50000 uses cup and lose it fighting deep serpent.
Hi, yes i also request to have fishing bait unstack after you combined them.

PLEASE DEVS add a way to unstack combined fishing baits. Otherwise, we have to not combine them to make it 50000. Or don't stack to 50000. maybe 255 or less.

If i add my two cents, leave the fishing bait in the ship cargo hold and apply it to the fishing pole when you need it. And try not to forget about it...If your boat is in Felucca other players will just sail by to shoot your ship and steal your cargo. You know they will.... :(

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Emptying lobster trap resulting separate not stacked trap. Will be nice to auto stack with other empty traps.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Emptying lobster trap resulting separate not stacked trap. Will be nice to auto stack with other empty traps.
I'd love this. Though if you are using UO Assist you can create a sort macro to drag and drop them into a container. It helps out alot with a pack filled with full traps.