• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishers!

M

Mudd

What kind of character does everyone use? I want to collect the hides off of sea serpants, so I'm thinking human, but I don't know if you have an increased chance of finding S.O.S.'s with an elf character. What do you all use? Thanks.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My fisherman is a human..... Vincent is Male, Human, a 110 mage, with 115 spellweaving..... so he can cast word of death but more importantly Gift of Life...... no more having to find someone to rez me while I'm out at sea.

E

Emil IsTemp

Mage as well.. but with alchy, and inscription. Just summon an air ele or 2. Youll be fine.

M

Mudd

Oh and can you fish with a spellbook in your hand? Hehe I can't play right now or I'd test it myself ><

A

Aboo

Oh and can you fish with a spellbook in your hand? Hehe I can't play right now or I'd test it myself ><
I can't. I have a fishing pole that I can cast while holding but I can't hold my spellbook and my fishing pole both at the same time. I tried it yesterday.

M

Mudd

Ahh ok thanks - So you don't get more MIB's if you're an elf then? Looks like human is the way to go.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My fisherman is also human, and just to be different, He is a chiv swordsman with Ninja. I go into Dog form and just fish away, anything I fish up, dies pretty fast, usually just a couple hits.

G

Gwendar-SP

I use a human - get SoS faster than I can fish them up. I like archery for fishing. Think there are much better ways to get leather. Even with pearls and the turn ins fishing is a low return activity. I get maybe 150-200 hides on a 3 hour fishing run.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh ok thanks - So you don't get more MIB's if you're an elf then? Looks like human is the way to go.
White pearls come, so slowly, I never recall reading any kind of study about it, even on the old fishing forums.

E

Emil IsTemp

I beg to differ. Pearls fetch 25-35k for me. I get about 4-5 a day with casual fishing..

Or i can just give them to my tinker and make a PotM.. for 400-500k.

M

Mudd

1 out of 100 as a human or elf? Does it change if I become an elf?

E

Emil IsTemp

Not sure.. only have a humie fisher.. Think being an elf just gets more gems n such from lumberjacking and mining.

S

SeaCaptain

I have a Alchemy Chiv Fencer that is human and have no problems getting pearls or Sos. It is the large fish I never get LOL

B

Beastmaster

Elven Fisherman, Chivalry Archer, Horselord bow, one shot kills on sea serpents, 2 shots on deep sea serpents. Average 2 pearls an hour.

Here are the results from one session. numbers at the end of each line tell how many times that event occurred.

What water do you want to fish in? 971
You fish a while, but fail to catch anything. 318
You pull out an item : a fish 526
You pull out an item : a mess of small fish 26
You pull out an item : thigh boots 23
You pull out an item : sandals 18
You pull out an item : shoes 16
You pull out an item : boots 19
Uh oh! That doesn't look like a fish! 24
You pull out an item along with a monster : a bottle, with a message in it 12
You pull out an item along with a monster : a sodden piece of parchment 4
You pull out an item along with a monster : a special fishing net 2
a sea serpent 28
a deep sea serpent 4
You have found a white pearl! 2

Note how the numbers don't quite add up? That's because sometimes you get a fish and a serpent too. When that happens you don't necessarily get the Uh oh! message. Also notice you don't get an item with each Uh oh!

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't think there is any difference between human & elf for fishers...none I have ever heard of anyway.

Virtually all fishers are either mages or archers...ranged attacks is best for killing dem serps :)

Welcome to the profession!

The Fishing Council of Britannia:
www.thefcb.com

A

Azureal

What is a sodden piece of parchment?
Hehehe, its the message you get when a serpent has a map as loot. Will always be level 1. It is possible however to pull up a serpent with that message, and get a second map as random backpack loot.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Nikka is a human. She is a mage/rares thief. People are right pearls seem to spawn slow. I've trowl fish rather than sit in one place. It seems that there are some area that spawn more sea serpents than others. Yesterday I found a spot that gave me 4 serpents one right after the other. Has anyone one else found this?

R

Rainbow Stu

I use a elf fisher just so I can wear the Spell Woven Britches (SDI 10%) and Stitcher's Mittens (LRC 30%).:thumbup1:

G

galefan2004

What kind of character does everyone use? I want to collect the hides off of sea serpants, so I'm thinking human, but I don't know if you have an increased chance of finding S.O.S.'s with an elf character. What do you all use? Thanks.
MIBs no. If anything you would have an increased chance of fishing pearls (which makes sense that you do because it is a special resource).