• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fish Monger Quest

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please post any comments/bugs you have with the fish monger quests.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure why trying to put apple crabs (2 were stacked in one direction and a single crab in the other direction) into the quest crate in the ship's hold did not work initially, but finally did after relogging the character.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the cups of bait 1 charge per cast only?
Each cup has 5 total charges...and yet theres not much explanation to what there supposed to do....Make you catch the item the name on it says?? ( Dragon Fairy bet)

Also i did get a Lava fishing pole that lets you fish only in Lava....after 30 minutes fishing , i still got zip..It only works in lava also...

My fishing is 120...still havent found a 120 power scroll..

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lava fishing pole? :O sounds nice haha wonder if they have one for swamp too :p

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For a crate to be taken to Moonglow, on mouseover it says to take it to Moon Glow. Minor, but annoying.

BBWolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi. First of all, i did the Fish Monger Quest 3 times and got 3 different rewards. I got the quest again and it gave me some unknown fish i didnt like... so i cancelled it. I went to get the quest again, check my ship cargo and there was no crate in there. So i didnt know what to do. (My ship was parked near the Moonglow next to the shore) Because normally i can wait there and get the fish monger quest from there even though it was like 10 or 12 screens away North of the Fish Market.

So i moved my boat 15 tiles west of the Fish monger guy (close to fish market) and it still didnt give me a crate in my ship cargo when i got the quest. I have two boats for two chars and there was nothing in either ship. I don't know what to do. HELP!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bait? I haven't found any bait. Sorry to be dense, but where is it from please?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bait? I haven't found any bait. Sorry to be dense, but where is it from please?
I think Crysta told me she got some sort of bait as a reward of one of the fishing tasks. But I'd imagine a cook would do baits, not sure?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They came from these quests.. so far i've gotten Stone Crab and Autumn Dragonfish bait... Autumn Dragonfish has 15 charges, Stone Crab has 5.. no idea how to use them yet.

I also got a Lava Lobster trap.. looking for a pool of lava that's deep enough to use it, though.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You dbl click the bait and your fishing pole, but it dosent say anything..
It does use up a charge...

The quests are from fish monger to bring certain fish to different ports..
You can get the quest from any monger..

I have used the lava pole in Lava and still nothing...so not sure if its in beta yet..

I think the charges are random also ...on bait mugs...

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Somehow my character has become unable to do these quests anymore... whenever I accept them, no crate is added to my hold. Even buying an entire new ship didn't fix it. I'd appreciate a dev showing up to fix my character somehow, as well as finding out whatever caused this.

The only thing I did different before this happened was to load my hold up with fish.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also as annoying.. I used my lava lobster trap finally to see what it does.. I got bored waiting and decided to pull it out...

... damn thing changed into a normal lobster trap. >:

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cant get quest or turn the ones in you do get...
To many ship blocking access to docks in towns and sea port now..
I can see this becoming a greifing tactic by some larger guilds...

Need a 1 hour decay on any boats left dock side that isent moved or no large ship able to come to the docks...

Beta is becomming useless for many things now because of all the large ships..

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not been able to do this quest at all because of the dock being blocked. I would suggest making this quest acceptable by being on foot on the dock and having the items for the quest made into quest items like other quests by using the toggle quest item.
I'm still thinking that making it possible to mark runes on the dock and the ability to recall and gate in might be the best option.
Also, it's been mentioned in another thread but the salt peter issue is something that needs to be addressed.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Also as annoying.. I used my lava lobster trap finally to see what it does.. I got bored waiting and decided to pull it out...

... damn thing changed into a normal lobster trap. >:
mine says its a normal trap but when i try to throw in the water its says its a lava trap

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have not been able to do this quest at all because of the dock being blocked...
I am also unable to complete this quest. With all the boats still at the market, not sure if I am bugged, quest is borked, or boat isn't close enough to Komor (questgiver). I can see area Komor is standing from the small radar map while I am on the boat. Yet he refuses to reward me after my 10 bonefish are in the crate. He keeps telling me still waiting. Argh, I can't get my ship any closer! An hour of fishing and no reward is making me cranky. If it's a problem with Komor recognizing my ship and crate, please expand the range he checks. If the quest is broken, hope this gets fixed before it is published.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I know the feeling until we have a fix they need to have mesanna delete all the boats in and around there every morning or at least move them a long way out

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the idea of the fix they're working on. However, I'd also like to see some penalties attached to repeat offenders. Like paying a fine - a certain percentage of their gold. Or some jail time. Or a ban on owning a boat for a certain amount of time, escalating with the number of times people do this. Something to get the lazy, selfish peoples attention and make it so not worth their while not to do it again.

I did suggest to a friend that it's a great pity we can't have a Draconi style solution. Invisible barrier round the market - you get one warning and if you don't turn back immediately, you get to watch your boat go bang in a big tower of flames and get teleported to jail for an hour!

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The quest has just bugged out on me finally.... I got given a quest from skara to deliver to skara after handing a quest in from the same guy so he wont accept the quest from me as he gave it to me.

Thunderz

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're having problems with a quest, resign it and then get another. Seems to sort stuff out.

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am also unable to complete this quest. With all the boats still at the market, not sure if I am bugged, quest is borked, or boat isn't close enough to Komor (questgiver). I can see area Komor is standing from the small radar map while I am on the boat. Yet he refuses to reward me after my 10 bonefish are in the crate. He keeps telling me still waiting. Argh, I can't get my ship any closer! An hour of fishing and no reward is making me cranky. If it's a problem with Komor recognizing my ship and crate, please expand the range he checks. If the quest is broken, hope this gets fixed before it is published.
I'm not sure I'm understanding the problem you and Nurse Miss Maude are having, but you can park your boat just off the market, take your rowboat up to the docks and take/turn in quests on foot. You can also, say if you have to turn in your quest at Moonglow, you can take your boat into the server with Moonglow and recall to the docks and turn in your quest. The only prob I have had with quests so far is catching certain lobster. Hard to do for some of them (for me anyway).

Has anyone else noticed the fish monger saying "Updating fishing information" (or lore or points) I forget the actual last word.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's "updating fishing experience" I believe... my guess is its a debug message showing how many advancement points you earned, followed by the number of fish you turned in.

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think my post made a problem for me... is there only one fish monger in Brit as he wont accept my quest. Just offers me a new one. Quest accepted at the floating market.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make sure you actually put the fish in the crate. I've forgotten to do that a few times..

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have turned in a few and some times when I turn one in he aouto gives me the next one because i will click to get one and he will say they are waiting on the one i have and when i go to my ship it will be in the hold , like right now i have 2 to go to moonglow

BBWolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi, i was just wondering if the Fish monger guild is suppose to have a "Loyalty rating" so we know how much reputation we have with them or not? Yay or Nay...?

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
User error. This is the first quest I have gotten that wanted 15 of the item... doh

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Received a rare book that looks like an ordinary purple one upon completing a quest. Titled "Order Of The Dragonfish Handbook, Part 2", written by Cpt. Piddlewash. Gives brief descriptions of deep sea fish. Would have preferred to see a rare book in a rare color, and not plain purple. Have Part 4 also, on Uncommon Crustaceans.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slightly off topic:
Petra's tip for an uncluttered deck. Cast 'summon creature', kill it and fill the corpse with footwear.

Chrome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The amount of bait is calculate in the following way among the rewards of fish monger's quest.

Fishery Category and Reward points
Crab and Lobster : *0.5
Shallow fish [ex. brook trout] : *0.5
Deepwater fish [ex. black seabass] : *1.0
Dungeon fish [ex. orc bass] : *1.5

If I transport 10 Orc Bass, it is possible to get ceramic mug of 15 bites.

The kind of bait seems also to have some the ranks.
<Lower rank [2 or more Baits]>
Great barracuda
Yellow Barracuda
Giant Koi
Autumn Dragonfish
Holy Mackerel
Fairy Salmon
Stone Crab

<Middle? rank[50? or more Baits, I acquired]>
Reaper Fish
Unicorn Fish
Bull Fish
Summer Dragonfish
possible to be selected lower rank baits

----------------------------------------------
Kind of bait that has not been acquired yet.
Crystal Fish
Ice Lobster
Spider Crab
Fire Fish
Lava Fish
Others.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Very interesting!! I am going to be turning a few in here shortly and will see if it comes out right!
what about if you have one for say 5 apple crab and one for 5 stone crab or trout or whatever?
I have one i am turning in now that is at least 2

would it then give 20 bait?

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very interesting!! I am going to be turning a few in here shortly and will see if it comes out right!
what about if you have one for say 5 apple crab and one for 5 stone crab or trout or whatever?
I have one i am turning in now that is at least 2

would it then give 20 bait?
I received a quest that wanted 3 items and it gave 30 bait. :lol: