• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) First time I ever got the EM on his home shard ever!

Zog

Adventurer
Dat wizz blah frum Blug in chat !!!!!! Oommies nub pey tribuut fer tuu long. Mabee soon pey tribuut tu bluud god.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice i always seem to get the card i want on this shard. I think i have gotten mostly Mesanna cards here.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Congratulations on logging in to "this shard" once/yr. I wouldn't be me if I didn't make this comment....so..
I would log in more often here, but since the T&T started my wife has been playing a lot more and it far more fun to play with her on her shard then it is with you GarthGrey, besides you got Max to play tag with you whereas I have mine better half ;) :p. Oops you meant the other guy ;) Not me LOL

But on a more serious note, since the target hanging on Kenzie back at ever event seems to invite instant death and looting of her LRC suit I just quit attended those events like the monthly T hunts, EM story arches, etc.. I am not a member of any large Guild (exception of the crafters in UWSP and will try to help get bods for them) so I have no backup to call on, nor are we in any alliance with the tamer or archer. I would not mind the PK if they leave the suits be, but when they loot it, it kills any chance of returning from resing to enjoy the rest of the event and I am force to a long walk to the hubs.

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
since the target hanging on Kenzie back at ever event seems to invite instant death and looting of her LRC suit I just quit attended those events like the monthly T hunts, EM story arches, etc.. I am not a member of any large Guild (exception of the crafters in UWSP and will try to help get bods for them) so I have no backup to call on, nor are we in any alliance with the tamer or archer. I would not mind the PK if they leave the suits be, but when they loot it, it kills any chance of returning from resing to enjoy the rest of the event and I am force to a long walk to the hubs.
I am sure you can sit down and discuss the issue with the looters of your suits.
Also: which are your crafters in UWSP?

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use to play here all back in the day dont have much time for the game. I dont even have a house here. When i play i like to hang out with what friends i have left in game.

I would log in more often here, but since the T&T started my wife has been playing a lot more and it far more fun to play with her on her shard then it is with you GarthGrey, besides you got Max to play tag with you whereas I have mine better half ;) :p. Oops you meant the other guy ;) Not me LOL

But on a more serious note, since the target hanging on Kenzie back at ever event seems to invite instant death and looting of her LRC suit I just quit attended those events like the monthly T hunts, EM story arches, etc.. I am not a member of any large Guild (exception of the crafters in UWSP and will try to help get bods for them) so I have no backup to call on, nor are we in any alliance with the tamer or archer. I would not mind the PK if they leave the suits be, but when they loot it, it kills any chance of returning from resing to enjoy the rest of the event and I am force to a long walk to the hubs.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I am sure you can sit down and discuss the issue with the looters of your suits.
Also: which are your crafters in UWSP?
Well for the first part it is kind of hard to discuss anything with them when everyone is fighting all the spawns from the EM. As for who is in UWSP, I have a scribe and my multi crafter, tailor, tinker, etc..

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since I have a lot of experience with this and deeper insight into the PK mentality, let me show you how to talk to PKs. Here is my 7 step program:

Above all, be prepared for this to be a longer journey. You can't expect instant gratification here but the outcome is well worth the effort!

1. Make sure you wear decent gear - providing PKs with good gear provides a favorable atmosphere and is a first step. The importance of step 1 can NOT be underestimated!

2. It helps not to selfres or get ressed elsewhere and trying to get your stuff before they are done looting - again, this will earn you credit.

3. Don't get upset when getting reskilled, it's actually their way of saying "we like you".

4. Compliment their PK abilities - it is important not to come across as being sarcastic here. Make an effort to compliment them and find particular points to compliment PKs individually. The best feeling for a PK is not only to kill but also to be recognized as an individual that stands out of the crowd!

These steps might require repetition depending on the PK(s) you're dealing with. Don't give up, rinse and repeat as needed!

Once all of these steps are completed it's time to move on to the next phase:

Don't try to get your stuff back while the event is still going or while the PKs are still busy killing people. You will ruin the great atmosphere you have just successfully built up by following steps 1-4. Wait until after the battle or event or at the very least until the PKs take a quick break. You don't want to appear as a nuisance to them or as getting in the way of their business.

5. Try offering to buy your gear back. Make sure you offer an ammount that is at the very least 50% of what your gear is actually worth - the higher, the more likely you will get your stuff back. Don't ask them to return it for free. Also make sure you don't come across as demanding. They are in control, make them feel accordingly.

6. For step 5 it may be better not to use general chat. Try approaching PKs individually and in person by meeting up with them. The PK mentality is all about being rough & tough and maintaining that reputation, especially among their peers. Any sign of weakness will immediately be exploited by the other inhabitants of the shark tank they're living in - they simply can't afford to show any kind of weakness, at least not in public and especially not in general chat.
It will help a great deal to repeat steps 1-4 with the individual PK to build trust.

7. After a while the PKs will feel sorry for you and you will notice that they start targeting other players over you, leave your items on your corpse or even give back your things for free. It is important not to push them though. Do not ask for this step to happen, it has to come naturally. The PK needs to have the feeling that this is their own idea and that they're still in total control of the situation.

I hope this helps. If you require further advice, you know where to find me.

PS: There are PKs who will offer to return items or not loot at all and even admit to it in general chat. These are usually the mentally strong and confident type who are not afraid to publicly show such weakness. You should worship these as demi-gods, they deserve it!

As for who is in UWSP, I have a scribe and my multi crafter, tailor, tinker, etc..
I wasn't necessarily asking for skills... What are your character's names? I would use their names to find out where that vendor is by using vendor search, so names are kinda important here.

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Since I have a lot of experience with this and deeper insight into the PK mentality
10-10-180001.jpg 10-10-180003.jpg 10-10-180004.jpg 10-10-180006.jpg

I went ahead and posted all our characters on Siege. Map shows locations of the houses, I am no new-b when it comes to the understanding of the PK mentality. Each above will show you just what they are in their profile.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe your understanding of the PK mentality is lacking but by all means keep doing what you're doing if you believe it is working.

This kiss on sight list Zardoz has intrigues me:
What does the [NL] behind my name stand for? I am not from the Netherlands and neither am I from Newfoundland and Labrador... same goes for the National League and it can't possibly stand for "not listed" because I am in fact listed on that list... am I listed as noble laureate? Must be!

I also found the collection of names on that list somewhat irritating. On the one hand you have listed a bunch of honorable people there, some of which I would even consider friends but then on the other hand you have also listed Tom Blackoak, Grimlex and Starr there. I mean, come on - those 3 are total @!%²! and should belong on a seperate list because absolutely noone would want to kiss those three on sight!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
You will have to forgive this old fart, as I really cannot remember what the [L], [NL] and the [NSL] were to mean. [Laughable, Not Laughable, No Serious Laughable] was that it? As for the KOS we never Kiss on Sight, maybe a hug if we missed you, but never a kiss do we share. Besides the KOS list was very old, started with the C8V back in 2000 and grew and grew, (edit and edit). Most were from the VvV battles He was at. Been a while since I been on for a Sunday Battle. Real life will do that a lot. I also play across several other shards, God I miss the days when we had houses on every shard.