• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

First Post!

H

Hile

I be a Pirate Master. Just need a couple more cannon levels to max out.

M

Mythic

Hope we get this thread rollin, Id love to be able to come to one place for all my forum needs, Im actually a bit suprised stratics is supporting forums for POTCO, very cool thx folks!

So Ill try and think of some things that are botherin me but atm I cant think of being stuck anywheres on anything soo..... By the way, for you potco folks and disney diehards that want a good challenge and a hard learning curve come play some UO, We got boats but no cannons though:(

G

Gilly

Can anyone give me a summary for the game and/or a link to the official site? :)

I liked the movies....will I like the game?:popcorn:

M

Mythic

I liked the movies....will I like the game?:popcorn:
Depends, The only voice acting you get is in the first few quests and cutscenes. uhm
I dont play many MMOs, My favorite being UO so I dont really have anything to compare it to.
IMO its perty laggy, lots of crashes and bug reports. exploits they havnt fixed, gotta grind to level up, charectors weapons or clothing and jewelry isnt very unique. I mean If youve mastered The 6 weapons choices youll likely have the same exact weapon as other masters.

Perty easy learning curve, well for me anyway, way ahead of the ole lady and she plays more then me by far. there are actually a lot of ammunition choices so thats nice. (various pistol ammunition, cannon ammos, and throwing daggers of varying types, oh yeah, multitude of grenads too)

If ya do play, word of advice, keep your crappy weapons and dont upgrade damage modifying skills for as long as possible. on potco, the more times you hit your enemy the more rep you get or lower dps savy? also when using your pistol actually upgrade your take aim special one rank, then barely charge that sucker, itll do less damage, use more skills and gaine lots more rep that way., Oh dam one more thing, do as little of the storyline quests as possible, this will jack your rep up fast making it harder to get rep on lower end stuff.

D

DebiHIS

The game has a huge voodoo content, which was not as much in the movie, but you can choose how much you want to develop that skill. My chars. use it for healing others mainly, we are pirates, not witchdoctors, yar!!
Sailing on UO is pathetic compared to POTC, i would love to have a war frigate on UO, lol. No voice commands like on UO, very easy to manuver. Now if we had some sea monsters, or kraken to play with at sea on POTC, that would be fun.
The game is loaded with quests, so you dont get bored just grinding to level. Weapons are pretty kewl.

char names: Redeemedlily, Anointed Jack

M

Mythic

Sailing on UO is pathetic compared to POTC, i would love to have a war frigate on UO, lol. No voice commands like on UO, very easy to manuver.
Agreed, sailing is Much easier on Potc

The game is loaded with quests, so you dont get bored just grinding to level. Weapons are pretty kewl.
But unfortunatly, all the quests consist of the same kill X number of enemies or sink Y number of ships. and really, all the pirate masters have the same exact weapons.

D

DebiHIS

Being the only guy on that server with the uber kewl weapon, is no big deal to me.

I just want to be able to kick butt, and live lol.

:p Righty :) (i can do that here, not on Siege, lol)

D

DebiHIS

I like Siege, it's a challenge to just stay alive, lol. I know what would happen if I ran up to Righty in game!
The pvp at sea coming up on POTC looks like fun, esp. if you get fleets of guildies going with you, will make some epic war screenies.

Righty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking of checking out POTC. How tough is it to get a good start?

M

Mythic

Do the 7 day free trial at basic access. Itll giv you a good idea of what its about without paying first.

D

DebiHIS

whoot, lvl 20 on sailing, cannon and grenade. now time to work on the remaining three weapons.