• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

First net... hilarity ensues

Santos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got my first special net today. Then I decided to throw it in just to see what happens..... oooOOOOooooo

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The proximity of the healers to Buccs den docks is an aspect which cannot be ignored when casting special nets :D

Santos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I knew all that but I just couldn't help myself. I wanted to see it NOW.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*chuckles* When I started my fisher ages ago, I didn't know anything about the nets much less about throwing them from Bucs. My poor lowly chef/fisher played with it and saw that it was tossable. So silly thing figured out how to do so and OOooOOooo very quickly lol. It was a riot thats when I learned Help stuck feature was my friend lol.

G

gmcbroom

Okay I'll play stupid. What killed you? Did you pull up a monster? If so what type? I'm just curious. Help a guy connect the dots please.
:)

Santos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pulled up a Kraken, 2 water ele's, and a few serpants. I was dead so fast I didn't even know what hit me.

J

Jermosh

Tossing a net will bring up Sea Serpants, Deep Sea Serpants, Water Elementals, and the famed and desired Kraken. The Kraken can have MiBs on them and the rare rope, the others have normal loot and normal spawn T-Maps.

G

gmcbroom

Thankyou. I was curious and now I know. :) Seems like you'll need a few people to do those in safety.

Santos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got my second net and tossed it from Buc's Den with my stealth Mage. It's a fairly easy spawn with him. Even better I got a MIB from the Kraken and fished it up for my first chest which had another net in it.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe ... I remember that feeling. Oh look, it's a kra-oOoo.

My first fisherman was a peace-mage, but was too low skill to reliably get off a peace when he drew the attention of the beast. Didn't discover Buc's Den until researching how to tackle a leviathan.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh! The best part of fishing! The tales we can tell! LOL

I couldn't resist my first net either. I tossed it off my boat as soon as I got it. Now, here's where my stupidity kicked in.
I was out at sea near Kos Heb when I did it. Insurance didn't exist, nobody around to res me, and by the time I reached Papua my corpse was gone. LOL

Once, I was stuck on Kos Heb for a week before I figured out to use the stuck button. Dead as doornail, my ship was locked, and by golly it sank before I could get back to it. LOL

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the difference between the sea dwelling krakens and the ones in Shame?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
open sea ones have a breath weapon attack and have a MiB in their loot. If you dredge up 3 of them with one net with a character in training out in the middle of the ocean, it's bad news.

S

Sorcha of Sonoma

I toss nets in Buc's with my Archer Bard (Former Sandal Hunter)

Of course Sandoval has had many interesting career twists and turns (Journeyman Bard provoking spawn on EMs during the Trinny Invasion on Sonoma was one such adventure).

I should write a book about his adventures LOL

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I toss nets in Buc's with my Archer Bard (Former Sandal Hunter)

Of course Sandoval has had many interesting career twists and turns (Journeyman Bard provoking spawn on EMs during the Trinny Invasion on Sonoma was one such adventure).

I should write a book about his adventures LOL
Nothing better than a pint and good sea tale!:pint:

Go for it! Maybe submit them to UO.com or post them on Stratics for us to read!

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*laughing*

This is why FCB sponsors Net tosses on GL...we go to Buc Den dock and toss 4 or 5 at a time. Much mayhem ensues!

Here's a picture: