• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

first EJ players spotted!

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have indeed seen a couple of new EJ players.
2 of them claimed they were from free shards and had never played OSI before but wanted to try now and found Siege most appealing. I have seen many more unfamiliar names but didn't talk to them...so who knows...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Some of those names may be runners for the Wheelbarrow, they asking for trades on Prodo shards, give it a few days after the Genie is gone from Luna

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I doubt you would see those wheelbarrow people outside of Luna, heck even outside of guardzone, would ya?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I doubt you would see those wheelbarrow people outside of Luna, heck even outside of guardzone, would ya?
I saw this one he was wanted trades for Atl doing the runs at Luna, Tanager was chatting with him about trades.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I did not see the change posted anywhere, but it seems EJ are NOT allowed in GC. Or maybe the account must reach a certain age first? In any case, the ones I have found were in Help channel, so that's where I will mostly be for a while! I'm also going to be recruiting from prodo shards again.

Also, a dev confirmed on UO forums that Siege will not have the ''beginner'' suits available in the store. I wish we could have the special atlas tho, the artwork in them is lovely.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
How are EJ accounts getting wheelbarrow
I pretty sure they not, it says Vet accounts, Max was just pointing out the new names he saw and I was pointing out the number of names there for the wheelbarrow trades

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I pretty sure they not, it says Vet accounts, Max was just pointing out the new names he saw and I was pointing out the number of names there for the wheelbarrow trades
Post #2 is a little misleading because it sounded that they may be EJ accounts trying to get wheelbarrows on prodo shards, IE scamming.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Nah, they don't get them. Just many of the names passing thru Luna are for for vet accounts collecting them for xshard trading. We never see them any other time, and they hate to leave GZ. Also, since the barrow has to be locked down to use, it's a double hit against EJ lol. But I expect (hope) some holiday items will be useful to them, creating a larger market for the folks who like to sell the gifts.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I did not see the change posted anywhere, but it seems EJ are NOT allowed in GC. Or maybe the account must reach a certain age first? In any case, the ones I have found were in Help channel, so that's where I will mostly be for a while! I'm also going to be recruiting from prodo shards again.

Also, a dev confirmed on UO forums that Siege will not have the ''beginner'' suits available in the store. I wish we could have the special atlas tho, the artwork in them is lovely.
I just created an EJ account and started in Gen Chat...and am able to switch to all chat channels available

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ah good to know, thank you! It must have been a bug yesterday. Was Help not default on the new account?

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious, has anyone checked TC to see what pieces make up the Starter Armor? If it doesn't include jewls that would have been one heck of a "beginner suit".
  • A Deluxe Journeyman’s Armor token that outfits the adventurer in a starter set of human/elf or gargish leather armor providing 70% in all resists, +15 Hit Points, +17 Mana, +17 Stamina, +30 Lower Mana Cost, +6 Hit Point Regeneration, +6 Mana Regeneration, +10 Stamina Regeneration, +5 Strength, +5 Dexterity, +5 Intelligence, and 100% Lower Reagent Cost

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It does not include jewls, so it's really a very nice set even for veterans. But I would not call it uber, so I think it still manages to avoid the ''pay to win'' category (for Trammel). It's just... convenient.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It does not include jewls, so it's really a very nice set even for veterans. But I would not call it uber, so I think it still manages to avoid the ''pay to win'' category (for Trammel). It's just... convenient.
Agreed.

I copied my sampire to TC and put the suit on her...with no jewels it's a decent suit but it was still lacking...finding the right jewels is key....but I think the term convenient is perfect..it's not pay to win as the suit is a FAR cry from perfect, but it IS a really nice starter suit for people who can't afford billions of gold for imbued suits.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Agreed.

I copied my sampire to TC and put the suit on her...with no jewels it's a decent suit but it was still lacking...finding the right jewels is key....but I think the term convenient is perfect..it's not pay to win as the suit is a FAR cry from perfect, but it IS a really nice starter suit for people who can't afford billions of gold for imbued suits.
I have you know I am only charging 1 million ;) for this (IMO) really really nice suit on Sonoma, most of my suits except training go for 100k, training suit are 10k there, here on SP I charge 100k a suit 100% LRC full 70s

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

We have the old blessed 54 resists suit, I see no reason why we can't have this new one too, if it's blessed. But my guess is it won't be blessed, it simply won't exist for Siege.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah good to know, thank you! It must have been a bug yesterday. Was Help not default on the new account?
I created a new EJ account yesterday. I copied the profile from another toon so that I didn't have to build hotbars from scratch. I too started in general chat so I'm guessing the last chat channel is also stored in the character profile.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk