• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fire magic reagent drops?

Cenan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So, since a patch a few weeks ago Fire dust has been dropping all over the place. However it seems the other items needed (Sulphur and Saltpeter) are super super rare. I think in my entire Gorgon career I've seen 1 Saltpeter drop ever, and no Sulphur.
I've cleared the Goblin dungeon multiple times over with no drops, the crypt all the way down to the Omegaspider and a bit beyond; Still no drops. Are they supposed to be this rare or am I looking in the wrong places?

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I picked up a sulphur somewhere recently and was thinking I had never seen one before.

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
They're intended to drop on higher-level monsters that aren't in the game yet. They do drop right now but they're in the Rare loot tables. I might add them to be more common temporarily (as Fire Dust is currently a bit too common -- to make testing a little easier), or I might just get the higher-level dungeon ready to go. Or both! But to answer your question, they are supposed to be rare from goblins in the goblin dungeon, for instance; those are 20-something mobs and the higher-level dust is for 30-something fire spells.