• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fire Beetle Taming experts please respond

• Thread starter Grigg of Einhorn
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
G

Grigg of Einhorn

Who can give me the absolute best scenario to follow for taming fire-beetles? I know a person with high resistance to magic luring the Yomutso Priests from the area is good and a stealth Tamer stays in the cave to tame the beetles while his "partner' keeps the yomutsu occupied. But does anyone have a technique that allows one tamer to go in there alone and have a high degree of success?

Edit: Sorry, I should have been more specific. I mean clearing the area, not the actual taming of the fire-beetle. I want to know if someone has a good plan for getting the shot at taming the beetle. In the Solen Caves, going after the blue the toughest thing you face is another beetle. Yomutsu's put up a better fight to sway you from concentrating on taming the fire-beetle.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who can give me the absolute best scenario to follow for taming fire beetles? I know a person with high resistance to magic luring the Yomutso Priests from the area is good and a stealth Tamer stays in the cave to tame the beetles while his "partner' keeps the yomutsu occupied. But does anyone have a technique that allows one tamer to go in there alone and have a high degree of success?
Bring herding to your stealth tamer and lead the Beetle hidden to a less dangerous area before starting to tame.
*Salute*
Olahorand

G

Grigg of Einhorn

Okay, I have tried that but did not find a less active area of the mines, do you know of one? especially since the beetle bolts to fight as soon as you tame it, need a secure perimeter. I appriciate the reply, just wondered if you had more to offer.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grigg, I have a pretty good method worked out for solo taming fire beetles using a peace tamer.

Here's a link to a map of the Yamotso Mines: http://uo.stratics.com/content/atlas/yomotsu_mines.php . I can't mark up the map for you, but if you look at it closely, you'll see that you can basically split it into three segments: (1) From the entrance to the "top right" side of the map; (2) from the "top right" side of the map and back down to the same side of the map as the entrance; and (3) from the end of segment 2 to the end of the dungeon.

I usually try to do the actual taming of the fire beetle at the "bottom" of the "U" shape that is about 1/3 of the way into segment 3. I ride a nightmare into the dungeon and as I approach that "U" shape, I lure the stuff that has spawned in the corridor before it back to the beginning of segment 3. Then I run down into the "U" shape and also lure anything that may have spawned in there back out of the "U" shape. When I get stuff to chase me to where I want it to stay, I area peace and then quickly run on and hope it all stays put. After the "U" shape is nice and clear, I then try to lure as much of the spawn in the area immediately past the "U" shape down to the bottom of the corridor (the very bottom corner of the map). Area peace all of it and hope it stays put. Then it's on to the last area to get the attention of the coveted fire beetle. I usually area peace as I run in there, grab the beetle's life bar, fire a quick poison spell at it so it runs after me, and then run back to the "U" shape. I area peace as I go so nothing follows, and if necessary fire another shot or two at the fire beetle to make it keep chasing me.

Once my tamer and fire beetle are safely alone together at the bottom of the "U" shape, I summon a blade spirit to beat up the fire beetle a bit. I usually dispel it when the beetle's at about 1/3 life. Peace the beetle and then hit it with some mind blast spells until it's ready to be tamed. Once the beetle's tamed, I jump on it and leave the mare behind and race out of the dungeon. Get home and then log out or use pet summoning ball to retrieve the mare.

The whole process usually takes maybe 10 minutes for the first beetle because of having to position the spawn where I want it. If I go back for more beetles, it doesn't usually take as long if nothing has wandered too much in the meantime.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Easy drag most of the spawn south from where she spawns

Cast and Ev or two and watch the beetles life bar when its lamost dead Dispell

They are slow and easy then just tame away

Once tamed jump off Etheral and jump on beetle and walk out

When you get back another will be there for you to tame

If oyu are on ATL let me know ill get them for ya easy or at least help ya out.

SA

G

Grigg of Einhorn

LOL, thanks weins201, but taming the beetle was not the problem, getting it so I don't die doing it is.

G

Grigg of Einhorn

Thanks Tina Small, that goes pretty much in hand with the other advice, I will try it. And thank you to all of you for your replies, I really appriciate it

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah i see setting up the area is the problem then -

Well if you cant drag the spawn out far enough with your tamer you can use another char who wont die as esily ans then go jump on tamer and get back in the taming game.

I try and drag as much as possible all the way south to the mining area , if you get thempast the last location were the lanterns spawns and they are far enough out of the way.

Again if oyu on ATL let me know ill be happy to help ya out.

Good luck

G

Grigg of Einhorn

Actually, 'help' is probably exactly what I need. If I could see it successfully done a couple times, I would at least be encouraged to get myself there. I assume there has to be a means for one person to do it successfully. The Peaceing technique I know nothing about. After all, peaceing, needs musicianship, and with taming, lore and Margery, hiding, stealth, there isn't' much room for meditation, Eval Int or any other skills, so I am looking for the perfect balance, or telling a friend what he/she needs to assist.

If you would like to lend me a hand, maybe we can meet up this weekend.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The tunnel which goes North just West of the lower big cave is usually almost empty.
If not, lead that shadow ele or Yamotsu priest out and hide again.
Stealth to the beetle and herd it to the area by targeting the beetle first and as target where to go select your health bar.
It will now follow your stealting tamer.
Use herding again to direct it to the North most point of the area and move yourself out of sight.
Cast an EV and watch it bring down the beetles health.
Get the proper dispel timer.
Tame it, mount it, ride out.
*Salute*
Olahorand

G

Grigg of Einhorn

Thanks All,

Forum Moderator, you may close/terminate this string, I think it served it's purpose and 'thank you' to all who replied.

Safe Journeys.

Goapirat

Visitor
After all, peaceing, needs musicianship, and with taming, lore and Margery, hiding, stealth, there isn't' much room for meditation, Eval Int or any other skills, so I am looking for the perfect balance, or telling a friend what he/she needs to assist.
I can suggest the Standard Peace/Tamer Build:

1) Animal Taming
2) Animal Lore
3) Veterinary
4) Magery
5) Meditation
6) Music
7) Peacemaking

Falcon

Visitor
For me, the easiest way to do this is to run to the fire beetle area on an Ethereal mount then do the following:

1) Get as much of the spawn in the immediate area around the beetle attacking you
2) lure them far enough down the tunnel that they wont bother you while taming (If the Beetle is also on you, para it before running off)
3) Go back and tame up to 4 beetles (you need one control slot for your ethey)
4) Run back to the entrance, leave mine and recall to a stable.
5) Log out and back, bringing your newly tamed beetles to you.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Preferably on a 4 slot mount, or with high magic DMG so you can subdue the beetle.

Aggro + invis spell.
Re-aggro.

Eventually you'll have pulled the beetle far enough and the other monsters dont catch up.

Rince and repeat, lead the beetle to the place where people stand around training shadow ellies.
Success.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Or finally, use honor on yourself so nothing attacks you while you tame, if you want to spend an hour or so building up honor on the succubi at fan dancer dojo