• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fine-tuning a single-target cu

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

first and above all: As a returning player, I greatly appreciated all the usefull hints and threads you put together to help tamers to deal with that new pet-training-feature of uo! Thx a lot to all of you, for your time and your effort.

Let's go to my cu: Returning to uo, I was happy to be able to tame a 599 HP cu. It's current status is that of the attached picture. At the moment, I have 885 points left. What I did not do are the following steps:
- increase skill caps
- increase hit point pool further
- increase mana pool further
- give some stam reg

I would like to give the cu 120 wrestling and chiv. Not so sure concerning Anat (usefull both for damage and healing), res spells, meditation (regaining mana seems to be most important since pets tend to empty their mana pool fast and have to reley on mana reg), though these increase would be cheap.

(Regarding wrest, a technical question: I only have a 115 sroll atm, since 120 scrolls have become really expensive (20 mill something on atl). Can I increase to 115 in one step and keep points (50 I think) to go to 120 when I can afford the scroll? Or do I have to leave 200 points and do the 120 wrest in one step?)

Also not so sure concerning mana pool and hp pool. As I said before, I dont think that a big mana pool helps a lot, since pets blast their mana out like nothing and are going the long distance with their ability to regain mana. HP - the cu already has 660 hp, maybe pushing to 800 something would give that nice extra buffer that will help in extreme situations.

Any comment/suggestion highly appreciated.

Regards, Fizzle

Attachments

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Hi there,

first and above all: As a returning player, I greatly appreciated all the usefull hints and threads you put together to help tamers to deal with that new pet-training-feature of uo! Thx a lot to all of you, for your time and your effort.

Let's go to my cu: Returning to uo, I was happy to be able to tame a 599 HP cu. It's current status is that of the attached picture. At the moment, I have 885 points left. What I did not do are the following steps:
- increase skill caps
- increase hit point pool further
- increase mana pool further
- give some stam reg

I would like to give the cu 120 wrestling and chiv. Not so sure concerning Anat (usefull both for damage and healing), res spells, meditation (regaining mana seems to be most important since pets tend to empty their mana pool fast and have to reley on mana reg), though these increase would be cheap.

(Regarding wrest, a technical question: I only have a 115 sroll atm, since 120 scrolls have become really expensive (20 mill something on atl). Can I increase to 115 in one step and keep points (50 I think) to go to 120 when I can afford the scroll? Or do I have to leave 200 points and do the 120 wrest in one step?)

Also not so sure concerning mana pool and hp pool. As I said before, I dont think that a big mana pool helps a lot, since pets blast their mana out like nothing and are going the long distance with their ability to regain mana. HP - the cu already has 660 hp, maybe pushing to 800 something would give that nice extra buffer that will help in extreme situations.

Any comment/suggestion highly appreciated.

Regards, Fizzle
Welcome back! Shaping up to be a nice CU!

Some tips/recomendations:
Increase max stamina to 150 -VERY IMPORTANT (this increases swing speed so your cu will hit faster)
Max Base damage -VERY IMPORTANT
Increase INT to 370 (helps a little with mana regen, doesn't cost very many points)
Increase max mana to 500
Add 5 stamina Regen
I highly recommend 120 wrestling/chiv/magic resist/parry/healing (360 training point cost)
-Yes, you can add a 115 scroll and then use 50 points later when you get a 120 scroll.
-I would NOT be concerned with adding more hit points. For me the sweet spot for pets is 600 HP and 500 mana. Plus Cu's can heal themselves.

Last edited:

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thx mate!

Lost max stam, thx for reminding me!

However - I can't seem to raise max damage further. Atm, it's 24 - 33. Is that max?

SouthPaw

Lore Master
thx mate!

Lost max stam, thx for reminding me!

However - I can't seem to raise max damage further. Atm, it's 24 - 33. Is that max?
Yes that's max.

It wasn't on your screen shot so I wasn't sure if you maxed it already and wanted to make sure you didn't gimp your cu.

He's going to be awesome when he's finished and skilled up.