• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FINALLY!!!! MUA HA HA HA HA!!!

• Thread starter imported_kinney42
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_kinney42

I finally tamed a fantastic cu!
It seems like I killed off a billion of them but I finally got a good one! Here's the stats....
585 Hits
80 Stamina
283 Mana
606 Strength
99.7 Barding Difficulty

65 Physical
43 Fire
83 Cold
45 Poison
83 Energy
Total below max = 11!!!

He's on catskills.
FREAKIN AWESOME!

How does he compair?

I

imported_kinney42

So Llewen and Flutter (happy birthday by the way).....How does my new Cu compair to other Cu's you've seen?

G

<blockquote><hr>

So Llewen and Flutter (happy birthday by the way).....How does my new Cu compair to other Cu's you've seen?

[/ QUOTE ]
In all honestly I am not a cu farmer by a long shot so my opinion is worthless lol
The most farming I ever did was 100 years ago when I killed mares till a jet spawned. *laughs* That was pet farming for me!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a rating system that I use. It is out of 100, 50 is average, 60 is decent, 70 is very good, 80 is top of the line (I've never seen a 90 in any pet). My best pet on my scale is my cu sidhe which is an 88, the product of, quite literally, thousands of hours of farming. Yours is an 85. In my opinion that makes your cu sidhe extremely good, and easily in the top 1% of all of the puppies on your shard - quite possibly in the top .1%. You should be extremely pleased with it.

My rating system takes into account all of the attributes which will be variable in a pet, after training (skills - which apply to only a few pets, stats, hit points). If you completely remove stats from the equation (str, dex, int - they are fairly meaningless in cu sidhe), your cu sidhe rates an 87.

I

imported_kinney42

Excellent Thanks!
If you don't mind me asking...can you explain your rating system to me?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
These are the basic formulae.

Quality = Hit Points/2 + Strength/2 + Dexterity*2 + Intelligence/2 + Total Resists*4 + Total Max Skills Over 100*4

Quality Rating = (Quality - Minimum Quality for Species)/(Maximum Quality for Species - Minumum Quality for Species)*100

(I always enter the maximums for skills and stats that the pet will train up to. I care about what it will become after it is fully trained, and that is what I base my rating on, so any stat that will train up to 125 is entered as 125, and I always make it a point to figure out what the maximum skills will be before I train my pets. So for example, for your puppy, I entered it's dexterity as 125. I ignore skills that will train up to 100 and only bother with the skills that will be higher than 100 after being fully trained.)

So basically I have the formulae in a spread sheet. For every pet type I have a line for minimum and maximum species stats, and then one for each pet, and then I plug those numbers into the formula. It's not perfect but it really does give you a good idea what pets are good, and it takes into account every stat, and rates as a percentage based on minimums and maximums.

But the formula is only a tool. You really need to decide what you want to use your pet for before you decide whether it is worth keeping or not. My rune beetle was chosen primarily for the purposes of pvp. It has one of the lowest ratings of any of my pets, a 74, but I chose it for it's dps (damage per second), which in my mind, is the single more important factor in pvp.

The stats, strength, dexterity, and intelligence, as well as evaluate intelligence and poisoning, are all important to dps, while hits and resists are less important. I've had higher rated beetles, but I've never seen a beetle with as high scores on all of those attributes I just mentioned, so I have sold a number of higher rated beetles and kept this one. And I can tell you from experience, I made the right decision.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats! The best cu I've ever seen was -4 max resists, and I'd have never believed it it I hadn't lored it with my own eyeballs
My best is -14.

Congrats again!!!