• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Figured I would let my server know first

K

kaylun

I made a new character template. If its not new let me know. I believe this character will be so over powered it will iventually get nerfed. Theres 2 main new templates for the most damage. 1st template you have a necro mage with magery, med, eval ,necro, ss,80 animal lore(brought about through heavy jewelry 13 on ring 13 on bracelette)and 80 veterinary(same way 13 on each)This is a full powered mage necro that can spam wither without running out mana in a heavy spawn. Plus after you train your 2 vollems up to 100 percent you will own anyone on damage plus you can ride a horse with both of these out . They also do a lot of damage. Its like having a full strength tamer that can heal cure and rez his own animals but the vollems do great damage. The second template is a sampire with 80 animal lore and 80 vet. I accomplish this thru imbued jewelry and you have nearly a full powered sampire with the added damage of nearly a full powered tamer.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't ride a horse and wither...at least, not for very long against spawn. Your MR won't ever catch up.

What's a vollem? How many control slots is it? Are you sure you can still ride a horse with 2 vollems out?

I'm not sure how fast vollems move, but if it's anything like the other pets in UO, you're going to find it a hassle to move, then wait for them to catch up so you can bandage heal.

A sampire without anatomy is going to take a hit from the damage dealing department as well as healing self with bandages.

The templates sound decent enough to me, but I don't know enough about a vollem to really comment.

I...seriously doubt that these templates will be nerfed. They don't sound so uber powerful to me.

EDIT: Btw, this is a public forum...anybody from another shard can see this...but thank you for the sentiment anyways.

K

kaylun

vollem comes in a crystal and it does good damage especialy when trained up it cost 1.5 control slots and i am using both templates right now it works great so far but the vollems are not nearly completely trained up yet.they come with about 350 hp and have over 500 strength they breathe fire sometimes and make dragon sounds and you can gm their eval magery resist wrestl tactics the whole dragon skill set

K

kaylun

Ken when i was making this template I was thinking what would be the best class to farm cavern of the discarded and I think the first temp mentioned the necro/mage/tamer(with 2 trained up to gm vollems)would be the best you walk around withering with 2 vollems in follow mode as soon as you see a hard target one that take more than a couple attacks you sic vollems close on hard target vet the tanking one sit back and push the wither button.I will use protection on this guy and will cast heals ,cures,and invis as needed.was really looking for the ability to take a reknown down fast as possible.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha my bad. I always look at templates from a PvP point of view.

K

kaylun

yesterday was the first day I actually had the character together(the necro mage one) and only the last 3 hours I played was I able to rez and actually start trainning up the vollems that I got from a crystal I got when I bought the expansion sa. I immediately went to cavern of the discarded to test out the template. Remember these are fresh tames(they come out of crystal bonded so u can rez and recal) with less than a day of use and far from trained up. I believe my pair of vollems untrained on a non tamer character out damages my greater dragon that is a good greater dragon (top second tier). With that said It is much more of a chalenge healing and keeping the vollems alive. They listen to commands very good fails less than on my 120 out real tamer.The problems that arise are problems of controlling how many ratmen you let pile on I can usually do fine with 6or7 on my vollems but after that if they are all on one its hard to heal through. So I have started making my strategy to hit a spawn in sections. They are killing the Reknowned spawns quicker than my greater dragon and I started suspecting that maybe the health was lowered on the reknowns already but I dont think this is the case.The wither worked like a charm . My main strategy was wither up a huge following of agrod mobs then I invis letting all the agro switch to my 2vollems(or mini dragons). I then would pop out and vet the tank while withering all the mobs down.mI love the vollems they breathe fire attacks like a dragon they cast as good as a dragon and they hit like a dragon mine both have over 500 strength. Well cheers and have fun with the new template if you like. I bet vollems in a crystal are going to go up in value.

K

Kiljaedon

Vollums have the strength of Nightmares/Kirins. They require no taming/lore used to command them and are two slots each. You can have greater damage with Bouras though then vollums with pact instict and only 30 taming needed with 0 lore. I have been using Bouras and my volum pets on my abc archer with great success as well.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, Vollums only have the strength of Nightmares/Kirins?

That doesn't seem like a pair of them would be stronger than one well trained Greater Dragon.

But I guess the advantage would be not having full Taming on the template.

K

Kiljaedon

Hmm Vollums breathe fire? I have never seen mine breathe fire ever.

K

kaylun

My template is 110ish necro 110ish magery 110ish med,110ish ss,110 ish eval int, 80 vet and 80 animal lore. My 2 vollems do about the same damage as a good greater dragon. They cannot take the damage of a greater dragon. The main up points to this template is being able to easily do the spawns in cavern of the discarded .You have multiple targets that have lots of hp but do not do a lot of damage. I can tank the crowd of ratmen with my vollems while not being aggrod I wither the whole crowd and vet my tanking vollem. I also do huge amounts of damage on the rekowned at the end of the spawn so I am not sitting there for 30 minutes on the rknowned. This does work I have used the template for what it was created for very effectively and clear spawns about 2 times faster than I do with my best greater dragon and my 120 taming lore and vet mage tamer.

K

kaylun

also you said vollems are teri bad? Train them up they have same skill set as a dragon. mine both breathe fire and they cast well too. Mine are not all trained up yet but they are starting to get closer to being trained. AS I said before they have strength over 500 and hit like a dragon plus they cast and breathe fire.