• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fighting strategies debate

• Thread starter Fangs McWolf
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
F

Fangs McWolf

Got this idea because of the small discussion in the current "Dear Toon" thread.

Basic idea of this is to debate about different strategies for a given situation. This is not to insult others for how they would play nor to 'have it out' with anyone. There is simply a difference of opinion and it could be helpful to give reasons for using one play style over another in the same situation. It's a good way to learn new ways of doing the same thing.

Rules for are simple. Obey the rules of the site and show some freaking respect. If you think a play style is stupid, keep the stupid part to yourself but certainly post what you find to be wrong with it. Perhaps someone wording something in a bad way, forgot to include a step, was misunderstood or could be that they didn't think something out. If you point it out respectfully, then confusion can be cleared up and if they didn't think something out, they get the benefit of learning something that they might use.

Don't get me wrong, there are some things that I think we can all agree is a bit stupid (unless the group is just toonicidal). For example, in a VP, faced with a row of 12's, none have been hit, the players are down to 10 laff each, one is luring, 2 are using tu, and one is using a bike horn. I'm sure anyone who's played can see just how screwed up that is.

So since this idea came from Moutain Man's experience in a building, I'm inviting him to give a slightly better play-by-play of what happened (that he remembers) so that we can all discuss different play methods for a situation like that. Flippers has a play style that works for him, so his way obviously has merit to it, just as others have their own play styles that work for them. But sometimes, pointing out potential flaws in strategies can help to avoid more problems, thus a better survival rate in the game.

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The play by play, as best I can remember it for you:

The building was a two story in Daisy Gardens. A high laffer had boarded with us at first, but bailed at zero. Undeterred, I went ahead, since I needed some postcards from Double Talkers and it was only a two story. The cat with me was 40 points, I was at 41. Both of us had level four throw and squirt.

Floor 1, we're faced with a level 5 Back Stabber and a level 5 Ambulance Chaser. I know Ambulance Chasers also have a multi-toon attack, but Back Stabbers I consider to be even worse with that Power Trip of theirs, because they use it a LOT. Therefore I selected him. The cat hadn't picked yet, and I hoped she'd pick the same one, but instead she went for the Ambulance Chaser. The Ambulance Chaser missed, but the Back Stabber hit both of us with his power trip. I chose the Back Stabber again, this time with squirt so I could save some pies for the next floor, she chose the Ambulance Chaser, we finished them off. Since they were only Level 5's, I figured, 6, maybe a 7 on the next floor, and we were both still relatively good on laff. So, I persevered, and we went to the next floor.

Floor 2. Level 8 Spin Doctor and a Level 7 Ambulance Chaser. Don't you just love surprises? I figured if we can double up against them with our gags, we have a good chance to get rid of them fast and hopefully survive. We certainly had the firepower to do it, assuming we were lucky enough to not miss, and lucky enough to avoid some of their attacks. Again, the cat hadn't picked, so I chose the Spin Doctor. Instead of joining with me, she picked the Ambulance Chaser. We both took some heavy hits, and I pleaded 'Let's all go for the same cog.' and 'Go for the strongest cog first.' She says, 'Ok.' I waited a few seconds for her to pick, she didn't, so I pick the Spin Doctor again to get him out of our hair... she picks the Ambulance Chaser. All my attacks at this point are with my whole fruit pies, as were hers. Had she helped me with the Spin Doctor, he would have been gone by now. Instead, both are still standing, another round goes the same way, and now a Level 6 Back Stabber joins us. We're hurting bad, another bad round and I'm out of throw, so once again I plead to work together and pick that Spin Doctor with a squirt bottle. I'd been lucky enough to this point to avoid a few attacks, but by now I figured it was a lost cause. She picks a trumpet instead. Needless to say I was searching the grass in the DG playground for my lost contacts in very short order.

One of the main issues was that she was toonup-less. I used mine on her when I could, but without her being able to reciprocate, those hits were lethal. Although I didn't get my Double Talkers in any event, I was upset at the inconvenience of having to laff up and gag up again when the building could have been won with a little teamwork and I'd have that much more gag training under my belt. The principle of the whole thing, so to speak.

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i always choose toonup as my first gag. I dont like it when people bailout. I dont like the elevator taking forever. It seems lately it been geting stuck.