• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fighting a Dark Father on the Gate.

G

Okay so is this true, someone said if you drag a dark father to the gate to kill it, you can be paged on and Banned. Because its some kind of exploit. Is this true Jeremy or not?

Thanks

I

imported_MoonglowMerchant

I salute your interest in the letter of the law.

However, I paged Friday night because I saw someone wearing an illegal item.

6 hours later, I logged off.

On Saturday, when I logged in, I was in que.

Hooray.

An hour later, I got a canned message that the account would be investigated.

Would you like to bet on that?

In other words, as long as there is no in game enforcement of the rules, there might as well not be any rules.

G

I don't know the official ruling, but it seems to me the rule of thumb is "are you still at risk?"

If you've found a way to position yourself so you can attack without being counterattacked then I'd say it's dangerous ground. If you've simply found a way to reduce (but not eliminate) the risk, I'd think you'd be ok.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah that's exactly it.

If you pull the DF up to the moongate and then go through but don't LEAVE....just stand on the other side, the DF cannot attack you but his summons can damage you, so you get LESS damage that way, but you're not completely immune to being damaged. It just keeps the summons from getting out of hand as they all tend to spawn on the same spot, easier to deal with, but in no way are you free from being damaged.

G

Okay so if anyone has fought a DF on a gate they can picture this in their minds i'm sure, BUT yeah there has to be one person that stands on the gate and takes the brunt of the damage, while archers and mages stand behind x-healing the dexxer. So I'm alittle Iffy on feeling safe to do it now.

And yeah but the ONE time I don't follow rules in game, is the ONE time a Gm will respond.

Thanks

I

imported_ejpeters

One person doesnt take all the damage. It is just easier to cross heal and keep things in one spot instead of running all over.

R

Ryix (europa)

of course its not illegal dont be stupid. your using nothing but the terrain, tactics, and teamwork if thats bannable you might aswell make uo singleplayer.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Strange - that type of fighting hasn't worked on my shard since before the Necro addition to the DF. I used to be the person tanking in the gate, and around that time they made it to where things could get past the gate. Unless something has reverted that aspect of Doom, it shouldn't work anymore.

G

We used to fight the df on the gate all the time pre necro on Oceania. If i was on warrior id stand in the gate or on tamer or mage id stand behind it. Was less spawn and everyone worked together so well!! Ive not been over much since the change but people seem to be just dragging it up the corridor a bit and killing it there. Its not too bad still gets a lil hairy though.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah that's exactly it.

If you pull the DF up to the moongate and then go through but don't LEAVE....just stand on the other side, the DF cannot attack you but his summons can damage you, so you get LESS damage that way, but you're not completely immune to being damaged. It just keeps the summons from getting out of hand as they all tend to spawn on the same spot, easier to deal with, but in no way are you free from being damaged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure... but even at the gate you are being attacked...

It would be sad if the Developers penalized players for using inginuity and creativity with the terrain they were given.

If its that much of an issue... change the terrain so people can't do this. Otherwise, there's no exploit being done.

Otherwise I'm going to start paging on every Archer/spellcaster in the game saying its not fair that they can hit at a range and not have to be hit by up close melee attacks.

How sad has our policing of other peoples in game behaviors become that this is even a discussion? but then again... we pancake and moan about how others choose to spell their names...