• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fight Night's....

• Thread starter Lack Of Skills
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lack Of Skills

Ok this thread is going out to all of chessy i am planning on holding Fight Nights and looking for some feedback due to all of chessy bickering over who is best and not doing anything about it. the max number of people in a single fight will be 3 Vs. 3. These fights will be legitimately brokered and can also be bet on (for the trammies that want to make a buck but cant pvp its ok). I will be holding these gatherings one night per week i planned on primtime on friday nights but am looking on suggestions for that and where you would like to see them held. We have a two options for places to be held at a public place like farms or wrong or i can make a fight house. The perks to fighting at a public place is less lag but the downfall to that is that its not as secure and vise versa the house is more secure but will create a slight bit more lag. again this thread is open to all of chessy players idea's. i plan on starting this friday so get your character and your gold together and let me know your suggestions asap.

P.S. these wont just be mage duels the rule set will be agreed upon before the fight.

T

TheJunglist

Tis me!

Sounds like you guys are having fun again.

Slip you brought your boys over to Chessy?

Anyway, I'll be home in April, just seeing how you guys are doing =-()

D.Blackmoore

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have a home in fel just east of Paxlair that is available for use on this or might suggest the jehlom pits or perhaps Pax's small deuiling arena as well.

S

Sephy

What's a mage? and what is this "pure" I keep hearing about? :confused:

L

Lack Of Skills

ok since few of you want to give suggestions and are being very general im going to push this show on as i see it fitting best. friday night will be opening night its open to all who want to pvp or who want to come spectate/bet. it will be at a house ive made specifficly for these events so all you out there who keep talking garbage well see who the real cowards are and who really sucks and can only win by numbers. the event will start at 11 p.m. est and go untill no one wants to die anymore... i will be gating to the event starting at 10:30 p.m. est. time to step up and see who stands where on chessy.....

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I am more or less double sharded, here are a few screen shots from fight night arenas we had on Siege. These were set up with lots of thought and care. When they held *tournaments* which often cost pvpers mega gp just to enter, be they fighters or warriors, the set ups were even more entailed. The tournament houses unlike fight night houses, had audience say on 3rd floor, the duel pit on second floor, with 3rd floor being open to see below yet boxed in via fence house tiles so no one could just *fall into* the tournament fight pit. And often 1st floor was a set of mazes and teleporters with gates...so those in charge could *herd* the audience up to 3rd, and only let in the fighters into the pit..as it was their turns.

For the regular fight night houses we had these sorts of set ups...not as detailed but the fight pits were always skirted off someway or another so only the contenders could get onto the fight pit tiles ..when it was there turns..and audiences around the pits. Here are 2 of the many regular designs of fight night pits we had used on Siege.

The first was in Wintermoor...........originally there were fire tiles to frame the actual duel pit so..no one could just walk into the fight pit. This was remake minus the fire tiles:

This next one was by Skara Brae, it is a later model with the fight floor was the only floor they ended up having to nature fury proof. I am one of the *gate tenders* by the pit up front in white dress, to let in the duelists...and res the dead one after said duel. :)

TNT on Siege also had similar design...ie audience is somehow fenced off from entering the actual fight pit...with a *gate system* for the next two contenders to enter the pit but not every one else...this also kept drylooting the contenders corpses. . cuz ya were holding an event and just wanted to try to keep said event TO happen and fun for everyone.

Course no amt of security can prevent ...........this....in any fel ruleset lol SOO good luck with ye design and event.

This is a picture of one of the more um...memorable events held on Siege...I think Sean Silverfoot may recall this event on Siege. :)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And of course ...lest we forget there is a duel pit on Chesapeake fel side also:

:)

L

Lucy

If prime time is friday night at 10:30, you all need to go out and have fun on weekends not play UO lol

L

Lack Of Skills

Sorry to all who showed up at a failed event tonight more action is needed i guess since these wowz kids have no honor in a sanctioned level playing event. thank you again for all who showed up and more work is to come to get this going right. wowz thanks for showing up with your whole guild as said and thanks for showing the rest of chessy yet again that your too scared to fight anyone even trammies on a level playing field gangk pet choke ftw guys wish i had your skills.......