• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fezzik the Ogre Cook

O'Brien

Thought Police
Stratics Veteran
Just wondering if anyone else has tried to solo this new beast in level 2 Wrong. When I first approached him with my stealth mage and an allured cave troll in tow, I lured Fezzik away from the other spawn, but Fezzik was doing so much damage to my troll that I couldn't keep up with the healing. And when I did manage to fire some damage spells off, the damage bounced back and Fezzik retargeted from the troll to me, which is death within a few seconds unless I invis.

I retreated and concluded the night thinking this beast is beyond my mage's capabilities and maybe it would require a group effort. However I decided to give it another go a few days later with a different strategy. After luring Fezzik to the side away from the other spawn, I started casting Nature's Fury and kept 5 of those on him. This time, things seemed to be going well and I slowly saw more and more red on his healthbar. I don't know how long it took, maybe an hour, maybe three, but that disgusting, horrific beast finally died. My greatest UO solo kill to date :D Which may not be saying much...

I know sampires are supposed to be the best at everything, so I was wondering if anyone else attempted to kill Fezzik while solo, what template they used, and how long it took.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was hoping someone had answered you. I need the 3-tiered cake recipe and found my swordsman and my tamer couldn't do it. I didn't lure Fezzik to the side, though, and I had a ton of critters on me.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try using Ogre/Repond slayer weapon or spellbook. His weakest resist is poison at 57% energy 68% and cold at 69%. 78% Physical and 74% fire resist. You could try stacking curse and Corpse Skin to lower his Fire and Poison resist. Mages don`t have any good poison damage spells. Slayer spellbook, curse, energy vortex x2, and ebolt would be the best way for a mage to kill him.

An archery paladin with Enemy of One, Repond bow, and Conscrete weapon would be another route to go.

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I used a sampire with a soul seeker (repond slayer) and a tamer to control the mobs - took about an hour to take him down.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Anyone who needs the recipe and would rather just buy it, there's a few vendors on Izumo who seem to always have a stock of them available.

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there was a rumor that he also ultra rarely dropped Moonstone Jewelry... is this rumor mill or has anyone actually gotten some from him in the past year or so? Used to be only obtainable by slaughtering hordes of gypsies. But I heard when they removed the gypsy spawn, he was given the Moonstone jewels... i forgot where I read this though.

StonewallGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there was a rumor that he also ultra rarely dropped Moonstone Jewelry... is this rumor mill or has anyone actually gotten some from him in the past year or so? Used to be only obtainable by slaughtering hordes of gypsies. But I heard when they removed the gypsy spawn, he was given the Moonstone jewels... i forgot where I read this though.
As far as I know, moonstone jewelry is still supposed to spawn on him. I've never been lucky enough to get a piece of it myself, so I can't confirm it personally. However, in the article below the devs say there is a 1 in 1000 chance it will drop

Ask and Answer – Ultima Online

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the great advice, everyone! I ended up going to Great Lakes and buying the recipe for a mil. lol

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got mine a week or two ago, by getting a friend to go with me, and our two GDs made fairly quick work of Fezzik. The surrounding spawn was more of an issue than he was.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Does anyone have a picture they can put up of this moonstone jewelry?

zoggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I managed to do it with my samp ire, but it took a while to control the rest of the spawn. Lots of death robes until I got the mob taken care of.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ive killed fezzik a few times on my mystic mage. its pretty simple actually. Lead him out of the room with the mages and near the sparkles then inviz and collossus him for 15 minutes. When he starts running follow him and do it til he is dead. He likes to run when he gets low on hits.

Jarnhound

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You can kill him with less than a minute.
Sword Sampire, wielding 100% poison double axe, not ridding swamp dragon, having undead slayer.
Honor yourself, Enemy of One, Multiple ( Onslaught , DS, DS, DS, DS ).
Ok... a couple of things here that i dont understand: Why should the sampire not ride a swamp dragon and why are an undead slayer a requirement? Fezzik is an Ogre so Repond or Ogre slayer should be the choice?

Cant quarrel with the success in the video, but when i try this myself with Repond slayer (have an axe almost identical to the one in the video except its also repond slayer) and swamp dragon, it does not work as easily...so something is off..?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to necro this old thread. I killed him with a semi-trained frost mite within 10 min - no big deal. He dropped a receipe for a three-tied cake. Is that special or just common loot?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's semi-special -

As in, he's the ONLY way (other than getting the recipe out of a Treasure Map chest) to get that recipe.
And, that recipe is REQUIRED for filling one of the Cooking LBODs (that requires a Three-Tiered Cake small BOD)

It's worth more than most recipes, simply from the difficulty in getting it. Much like the Runic Atlas recipe (which was a holiday gift), bone machete (takes doing a quest on the crafter, or getting from a T-map), or the Stone Anvil(East) (originally didn't spawn from a bug - only found it personally from a T-map).

With the recipe books coming in a couple weeks, it's definitely a keeper.