• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Few Returning Player Tamer Questions.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Guys'n'Girls

Returning from a 1½ year WoW adventure, and wonders with all these greater dragons which seems superior to anything if the ww+mare combo is still viable, ofc this depends alot what you are fighting i guess but in general will do :)

main reason i ask is my ww and tb mare is very good and very well trained, and my greater dragon i have no idea if its any good at all..

also: is dex again a factor for vetting speed?

and did they change the minimum amount healed for vetting? i seem to quite often heal next to nothing.. :(

lots of questions, i will properly come up with some more, so hope for some kind ppl to answer them :)

Greeting
Gilmour
Legendary Tamer of Drachenfels

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
When fighting alone, a greater dragon will probably the preferable over a ww/mare combo. Greater dragons have far more hit points and much better resists, making them a more viable tank. On the other hand, if you're with a group who already has a greater or two to tank, you might consider your ww/mare combo. This combo will likely do more damage than a single greater, but they will be less survivable.

Keep in mind that there are better combos that ww/mare. I much prefer the rune beetle/bake combo. White wyrms have terrible fire resist, making them quite vulnerable. Mares are nice, but have a very low mana pool. Rune beetles and bakes will be both more survivable and deal more damage, in my view.

Dexterity is not a factor in vetting, as far as I know. My three mage/tamers have 20 dex and still vet as quickly as my archer tamer, who has 130 dex.

According to uoguide.com, the higher your vet and animal lore, the more damage you heal.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi old buddy :)
Well you can banksit just fine with a GD, as with any other pets you might have. think you might look best mounted on a mare, or one of those faction horses. (red for minax..kinda cool really my favorite)