• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

few questions

D

DuttyD

why have dci for archer?
what changes did they make to mana leech on bows?
Whatcha think about this template
120 archery
120 spellweaving
110 magery
110 tactics
100 heal
100 anatomy
80 necro / or / 80 chiv ???

C

Connor_Graham

"why have dci for archer?"

I actually only have the DCI on my quiver, yet I've only died twice in Doom in more than a month. Range is an Archers best friend...

"what changes did they make to mana leech on bows?"

It's been nerfed. Basically, unless you're hitting for major damage, you're not going to be seeing more than 1 or 2 points of mana leeched.

"Whatcha think about this template
120 archery
120 spellweaving
110 magery
110 tactics
100 heal
100 anatomy
80 necro / or / 80 chiv ??? "

Too mana intensive without any way to get it back. The nerf to mana leech pretty much eliminated the viability of the Mage/Archer. Drop the SW & Magery and get 120 Bushido, Resist & Chiv.

I

imported_kinney42

When and why did they change mana leech on bows?

C

Connor_Graham

It was a while back, and near as I can determine, it was because the forum PvP'rs were complaining that Archers seemed to have unlimited mana. That was far from correct, but it happened anyway. Same thing happened to Life Leech.

Also, any ranged attacker now receives double damage from any creature that teleports to them. Yet another of the most recent Archer nerfs. Mana Regen on armor was also nerfed.

I

imported_kinney42

That's f'ing rediculous! I HATE PVP'ers!!!
biggest bunch of whiners ever!

So how do you keep your mana up as an archer?

I

imported_IgotWood

haha ya pvp complain not half as much as u trammies...ooo put scrolls in tram, ooo put more resources in tram oooo shut it.

C

Connor_Graham

"So how do you keep your mana up as an archer? "

A combination of Mana Regen on my suit and Mana Leech on heavy crossbows.