• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Few Questions

C

Camtha

I was wondering if 80 is all that is needed in fishing? is there any difference compared to GM?

Less white pearls?
Less sea serpents? (arent they good actually? for SOS)
Does it affect getting pre chest items?

And heres extra too :) ! Have anyone fished up paragon sea serpent, kraken or leviathan? (thus does anyone fish at isenhar?)

Thanks!

R

Remyi

You cannot fish up a message in a bottle (sos) unless you're gm fishing. If you get them from some other means, they only require 65 fishing though.

J

Jermosh

Its make little sense to not have GM fishing. About the only thing that will not be affected is prechest loot, but it will take alot longer.

As far as I remember, you cannot dock a boat in Ish. I will give it a shot though.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually ... 80 is the minimum required for fishing up anything in deep water. So fishing up sos is possible but a pain for the high failure rate.

If I remember right ... you can fish up pearls and nets at 80 but you wont get any mibs or maps by yourself. Not to mention that you are getting a bonus on receiving a marty from a levaithan, if a gm fisher throws the net.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually ... 65 is the minimum required for fishing up anything in deep water.
The minimum skill required to fish in deep water is 65.0. A skill of 80.0 will allow you to pull up Big Fish and serpents with Special Fishing Nets. A skill of 90.0 will let you pull up serpents with Level 1 Treasure Maps. All of this information can be found here: Stratics Fishing Data. The information about the small fish is incorrect, they do not add +5 and their duration is pitiful.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
the current effects for the small fish are +2% to the relevant stat (in other words, 1-2 points) for about 15 seconds.