• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ferrets: raise a helper for your warrior

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Hello.
Now I am in the process of training several of them across different chars.
If you don't know l, they spawn in Felucca Prism of Light deep in dungeon near the healer. And this furry but clawed things need no taming to tame or to bond. How to tame : you pay for the entrance (bring 10k gold with you , ticket seller don't trust in banking ) go in the dungeon (fel side ) die there or survive , and proceed to healers cave. There one ferret constantly spawns after you tame one. So you just resurrect (healer will help you with that) tame 5 ferrets , double click ticket and get out of dungeon to proceed to stables , feed your new pets with fish or meat and leave them to bond for 1 week.

Since ferrets need no taming (they need -18 or so) you can train them , give skills , power scrolls and resists , while they are staying under 30 taming , require 0 taming on your character (real or jewels) thou you need some taming and lore to train them( can buy it , then drop to 0 after you complete)
Easy training way is to take Lowland Boura (not bonded will survive) to tank Dread Pirate , while 3 ferrets getting gains. It is not best way ( but fastest and safest) . You will be able to heal it even with Chivalry .
After you trained it to 100% time for skills . I prefer : poisoning , aura of nausea and (later ) Battle Defense . To do Battle Defense you need to train pet's wrestling to 100 . Better feed it with wrestling power scroll. 105 will do for your first one. Gregorio will help you raise skill as needed.
Then resists. Since you need to hold pet below 30 taming requirements, and you are limited on training points, do it wisely. First try with physical only. Will work in painted caves for example.
You also can add grasping claw, or venomous bite (AOE poisoning). With slot increase, after you give it first skill, ferrets need 1 taming. Each time you press button to train it in some skill , resist or regen it needs 2 more. To be controlled with no taming you want it below 30(29 will work).
After you finished with skills , scrolls and resists , add rest points in HP for better survival.

Now about training points.
usually pets gain 1501 points to allocate per training level. Smaller pets with low skills and STR , HP , etc have more. So if your ferret at the moment of getting 100% training experience have not full 125 stats , it will get more training points for you to allow better helper. With high skills (85 wrestling and 125 STR and HP ) I got 1660 points (this will be my test pet). With faster training , less skills and stats gain on other 2 I got around 1880 . Still lots to discover and try different ways of training to get more points. And if you use Provo mastery , turn it off before finishing training too.

@Khyro is it possible to add ferret to uo-cah database and planner ?

I will add more info on ferrets later , also any input and experience on this matter will be important and highly welcome.

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello.
Now I am in the process of training several of them across different chars.
If you don't know l, they spawn in Felucca Prism of Light deep in dungeon near the healer. And this furry but clawed things need no taming to tame or to bond. How to tame : you pay for the entrance (bring 10k gold with you , ticket seller don't trust in banking ) go in the dungeon (fel side ) die there or survive , and proceed to healers cave. There one ferret constantly spawns after you tame one. So you just resurrect (healer will help you with that) tame 5 ferrets , double click ticket and get out of dungeon to proceed to stables , feed your new pets with fish or meat and leave them to bond for 1 week.

Since ferrets need no taming (they need -18 or so) you can train them , give skills , power scrolls and resists , while they are staying under 30 taming , require 0 taming on your character (real or jewels) thou you need some taming and lore to train them( can buy it , then drop to 0 after you complete)
Easy training way is to take Lowland Boura (not bonded will survive) to tank Dread Pirate , while 3 ferrets getting gains. It is not best way ( but fastest and safest) . You will be able to heal it even with Chivalry .
After you trained it to 100% time for skills . I prefer : poisoning , aura of nausea and (later ) Battle Defense . To do Battle Defense you need to train pet's wrestling to 100 . Better feed it with wrestling power scroll. 105 will do for your first one. Gregorio will help you raise skill as needed.
Then resists. Since you need to hold pet below 30 taming requirements, and you are limited on training points, do it wisely. First try with physical only. Will work in painted caves for example.
You also can add grasping claw, or venomous bite (AOE poisoning). With slot increase, after you give it first skill, ferrets need 1 taming. Each time you press button to train it in some skill , resist or regen it needs 2 more. To be controlled with no taming you want it below 30(29 will work).
After you finished with skills , scrolls and resists , add rest points in HP for better survival.

Now about training points.
usually pets gain 1501 points to allocate per training level. Smaller pets with low skills and STR , HP , etc have more. So if your ferret at the moment of getting 100% training experience have not full 125 stats , it will get more training points for you to allow better helper. With high skills (85 wrestling and 125 STR and HP ) I got 1660 points (this will be my test pet). With faster training , less skills and stats gain on other 2 I got around 1880 . Still lots to discover and try different ways of training to get more points. And if you use Provo mastery , turn it off before finishing training too.

@Khyro is it possible to add ferret to uo-cah database and planner ?

I will add more info on ferrets later , also any input and experience on this matter will be important and highly welcome.
You should sell them !

Dimax

Adventurer
Professional
Supporter
uo-cah, The Animal Taming Chart shows 29.1 taming required for Ferrets ?