• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fencing on a Samurai?! Huh?!?

E

eekamouse

Howdy,

Returning player with a straight up fencing/pally from the AoS era. I don't "really" want to drop fencing for mace or swords, so I am trying to come up with a fair template that includes fencing and bushido, working with my pathetic 705 skill cap.

Any advice on the below template is much appreciated.

115 fencing
100 tactics
110 parry
120 bushido
100 anatomy
90 healing
70 chiv

Thank you.

(I also want to squeeze in necro somewhere, but I'm not sure what to drop.)

E

eekamouse

Howdy,

Returning player with a straight up fencing/pally from the AoS era. I don't "really" want to drop fencing for mace or swords, so I am trying to come up with a fair template that includes fencing and bushido, working with my pathetic 705 skill cap.

Any advice on the below template is much appreciated.

115 fencing
100 tactics
110 parry
120 bushido
100 anatomy
90 healing
70 chiv

Thank you.

(I also want to squeeze in necro somewhere, but I'm not sure what to drop.)

T

Trukx

Sounds like a pretty solid template to me. On my basic pally/sam thats pretty much mine substitute in swords though.

if you want necro, a lot of people drop tactics because its still fairly easy to get to 300% Di using DI items (capped 100), perfection, EOO and slayer weapons. You just lose the special move on your weapons. The other part of necro is that provided you get the right items, you only need ~45 necro on your template, so you'd still in theory have 55 tactics.

T

Trukx

Sounds like a pretty solid template to me. On my basic pally/sam thats pretty much mine substitute in swords though.

if you want necro, a lot of people drop tactics because its still fairly easy to get to 300% Di using DI items (capped 100), perfection, EOO and slayer weapons. You just lose the special move on your weapons. The other part of necro is that provided you get the right items, you only need ~45 necro on your template, so you'd still in theory have 55 tactics.

E

eekamouse

Hmm. I guess I can always raise tactics pretty quick once, I start slotting necro items.

115 fencing
100 necro
110 parry
120 bushido
100 anatomy
90 healing
70 chiv

E

eekamouse

Hmm. I guess I can always raise tactics pretty quick once, I start slotting necro items.

115 fencing
100 necro
110 parry
120 bushido
100 anatomy
90 healing
70 chiv

G

Do you want necro because you're planning on going Sampire?
You can get by with 35 necro, just get the other points from ossiran grimore, midnight bracers, bloodspirit and 14/15 necro ring/bracer. Ya only need them long enough to cast the spell. I picked up the ring/bracers last night for <1m each, the trick being to find 'crappy' ones. +15necro/+9 vet for 625k vs +15necro/+10spirit for 79m.
just my unwanted .02py

G

Do you want necro because you're planning on going Sampire?
You can get by with 35 necro, just get the other points from ossiran grimore, midnight bracers, bloodspirit and 14/15 necro ring/bracer. Ya only need them long enough to cast the spell. I picked up the ring/bracers last night for <1m each, the trick being to find 'crappy' ones. +15necro/+9 vet for 625k vs +15necro/+10spirit for 79m.
just my unwanted .02py

M

Maximinus Thrax

Go get your tacts back and drop healing and anat.
Like the above poster said, you only need 30-40 necro, and then get jewels with +necro, get the +5 necro tali, the +10 necro book, and cursed bracers. In total it should cost under 1mil. Then take all that off, keep the 30-40 necro for curse weapon, and you're set.

You only need to cast vamp once, and then recast if you die.

The whole point of wampire is to leech your life back so you don't need healing or anat. Chiv will allow you to heal when needed, as will confidence from bushido. Tactics is important though, you need it for better hit chance, better damage output, weapon specials, and an increase in evasion duration.

And yes, fencing is just fine on a samurai.