• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Feedback for Stratics Forum Improvements

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Opens this:

Now on to the good stuff!

If there is a way to constructively tell us what you like, what could use improvements and what you would like to see incorporated into your forum experience, I would love for Syrus to use it to donk me over the head when he reads this :stretcher:

My job is to communicate the community feedback :D

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'll start. We need to leave this end-of-life software behind us and move to a modern forum software. This move should be accompanied by extensive testing to ensure that all of our legacies are maintained and to avoid another mass loss of data.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm. I would personally like to see a UO OT sub-forum readded into the UO forums section because I think a lot of UO players have been ignoring OT since the move.

Oh, and this smiley:

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Hmm. I would personally like to see a UO OT sub-forum readded into the UO forums section because I think a lot of UO players have been ignoring OT since the move.

Oh, and this smiley:
What if we added a link that looked like a subforum? It'd be organized as it used to be, under UO, but would redirect to general OT?

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What if we added a link that looked like a subforum? It'd be organized as it used to be, under UO, but would redirect to general OT?
I'm sure that would have the same effect. Do it!

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'm sure that would have the same effect. Do it!
Ok, I'll have to ask Petra and Magdalene, as they have the final say on Stratics Forums decisions.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to see vB go, but if it is EOL... you gotta do what ya gotta do.

With Stratics having moved to WP, would be great to see a forum integrated (natively or bridged) in WP with unified logins, profiles and social features & integration.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there is a way to constructively tell us what you like, what could use improvements and what you would like to see incorporated into your forum experience, I would love for Syrus to use it to donk me over the head when he reads this :stretcher:
>.>
<.<

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
By the way, to unlock the rumor mill, we're tentatively exploring XenForo. :)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I.e., made by the people who made vB3.7 and 3.8, rather than vB4. You should be happy, vB fanboi. :p

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry Syrus I'm contractually obligated to argue against everything.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
With Stratics having moved to WP, would be great to see a forum integrated (natively or bridged) in WP with unified logins, profiles and social features & integration.
This please.

With the WP platforms as the main hubs, the forums need to be easily accessible and look and feel like they are part of the hub.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just as long as it's not UBB or "MyWOWBB" I'll likely be content. If not happy.

But just so we're clear, not happy.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm happy when I crush my enemies and see them driven before me, and hear the lamentation of their women.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
not to derail this but I just watched that last night then watched the new one ...
anyway as you all were :)

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm happy when I crush my enemies and see them driven before me, and hear the lamentation of their women.
Great comebacker! :thumbsup:

not to derail this but I just watched that last night then watched the new one ...
anyway as you all were :)
Been about a month, how about a status update on changes and developments since then?