• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Features and Functions

Zorak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I didn't see any discussions about this yet but that doesn't mean they're not there. Anyhow, I've seen a lot of talk in-game about what would be some awesome features or changes people would like to see. This may be a good place to have civil and objective discussions about things to come.​

Zorak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The other day I brought up something called "prestige classes," the idea behind this is basically two (or more) classes that, once a certain amount of skill is attained, can combine to either enhance abilities or functionality of whatever role the individual is seeking to take part in. It would be an extra step or something to work toward as a player, that would eventually reward players with a sense of accomplishment as well as added functionality. This could be anything from allowing both currently active skills (provided you've unlocked the prestige through either a difficult questline or by other means) to be placed interchangeably on both action bars allowing a streamlined ability set up; to something greater by having a powerful ability available once both skills reached maximum level. I have plenty of ideas on how this could be implemented without creating imbalance so we can wax details later, let's get to the fun part first.

This could tie in nicely with the belts that are offered from vendors for example: Hogan offers a belt "...of the Defender" which is Staff/Shield, that could be a nice name for a "prestige class." What are some skill combinations you think would make a good "prestige class?"

I would personally like to see:

"Defender" - Staff/Shield
"Medicine Man (or Woman)" - Psychology/Battle Chemistry (and maybe even Alchemy)
"Cleric" - Maces (Hopefully blunt weapons get implemented)/Mentalism (and/or Psychology)
"Priest" - Mentalism/Psychology
"Farmer" - Gardening/Carpentry
"Chef" - Max all cooking skills
"Fashion Designer" - Tailoring/Blacksmithing/Leatherworking

and my absolute most wanted prestige
"Reaper" - Max all gathering classes (Foraging, Skinning, Mycology, and Mining)

There is a huge list of specialized classes that I could think of, I could likely spend all day coming up with new pairs and groups. Let me know what you think.

awollsd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I would like to see some of this it sounds interesting. though I wouldn't say at skills max level (remember max level is going to be like 125) I would do it at X level on skill 1 and Y level on skill 2 you unlock a quest doing that quest unlocks a skill that is equivilant to them 2 skills combined.

Example
Fire/Mental = Battle Priest(or what ever) and it gets skills like scintillating fire also gives mentals power regen buff, Scentilating frost mentals health buff. (things like that)

and gathering skills would be like
Gardening/Skinning = new recipie to make seeds that grow cotton killer bunny kill the bunny and get cotton and animal skin

Crafting types could simply give chance to get a return of your mats or unlock hybrid recipies (like cloth and metal then can use tailoring and blacksmithing boosts on it)

Cramit

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This does sound like a good idea to be honest. I like the idea of having some sort of specialization of your two main skill lines after attaining a certain skill in each. Not sure how well it could be implemented but still a great idea.

I would love to see players have more of an affect on the game world. Something like building structures like housing or farming however that may not be applicable since it may require a complete rework of the game engine but just a thought. Not to mention how many other MMO's these days are coming out with those systems in place.

awollsd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This does sound like a good idea to be honest. I like the idea of having some sort of specialization of your two main skill lines after attaining a certain skill in each. Not sure how well it could be implemented but still a great idea.

I would love to see players have more of an affect on the game world. Something like building structures like housing or farming however that may not be applicable since it may require a complete rework of the game engine but just a thought. Not to mention how many other MMO's these days are coming out with those systems in place.
they are planning a housing system that seems to be pretty deep and we can already craft thigns like chairs and such.. so who know how far they'll take it.

but just some thing's I've heard from the housing is you can have your house and have a farming plot on it and allow/deny others from using said plot and many other things. ontop of player houses will also be guild housing/structures

Cramit

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
they are planning a housing system that seems to be pretty deep and we can already craft thigns like chairs and such.. so who know how far they'll take it.

but just some thing's I've heard from the housing is you can have your house and have a farming plot on it and allow/deny others from using said plot and many other things. ontop of player houses will also be guild housing/structures
That's absolutely awesome. I haven't fully investigated all of the forums, blogs, wiki yet, been spending to much time in game I suppose lol. However this is great news to hear, thanks!

Zorak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I agree that it would be better to access a specialization earlier, my original post was just to throw some ideas out there. If they do wind up implementing prestige classes or something like it, I would very much prefer if they did not implement it exclusively for battle classes. I would love to see them implemented for crafting and gathering as well.