• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] FC cap:Magery+Chiva+MageWapon -20

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After having searched for hours without any results, i post my question here.

Well, i know that if u got 70 magery and chiva together, on the same template...the chiva FC isn't reduced, i mean there's no penalty.

Now my question is this:
Let's suppose i train magery till 90.
If i equip a weapon, 4example ,like a dagger with the following bonus: FC1, Mage Weapon -20 (no spell channelling property)
Do i still cast chiva spells at max cap of 4/6? or is the Magery+chiva FC penalty calculated on my real magery value?! (that's 90 in this example) and there fore..letting me casting chiva' spell at 2/6 even if i wear that daggy?

ty all 4 any answer

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure it's real value.. besides that 90 magery w/ a mage weapon means at best your 90 weapon skill which isn't very good. The way I understand your question you will be rocking 70 magery as your defense which just isn't going to work out well..

The best way to do it is to use scrolls to cast 6th level spells. The last 4/6chiv mage i ran into was a tamer and he was able to deal out the damage needed to kill people threw pets and with explode/e bolts off scrolls. I killed him the one day and he had to have had 40 of just about every 6th circle spell on him.

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, my char is just a pvm tamer ( with the main role of farming pets for finding the best ones - even if i do like to hunt and farm with him too) and magery would be used just in rare occasions mainly for when i need to heal my pets from far or things like invisibility, gate travels, resurrection...

since you are not 100% sure about your answer..i keep bumping my question :p

p.s. btw tnx

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pulled this off uo guide but it doesn't say anything about modified skill.. so my advice is try it and see what happens..

Faster Casting is an item property that reduces the amount time it takes to cast a spell. The attribute is capped. Mages and Necromancers have a maximum Faster Casting of 2. Characters that use Chivalry, Ninjitsu, Bushido or Spellweaving can have a maximum Faster Casting of 4. However, if a character possesses Magery or Mysticism at 70.0 skill or greater then Faster Casting is capped at 2 for Chivalry. Faster Casting makes you able to cast spells faster than normal.

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pulled this off uo guide but it doesn't say anything about modified skill.. so my advice is try it and see what happens..
yea i was trying to test it by my self...but my wi-fi connectin, atm as well as usual, got some lag time to time...so..really i can't really understand if i cast at chiva_max_fc -_- i mean i dont understand if it's the lag that make me cast slow or it's the lower fc XD

if any of u could test it, would be great ..in the while i keep trying ;/

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
yea i was trying to test it by my self...but my wi-fi connectin, atm as well as usual, got some lag time to time...so..really i can't really understand if i cast at chiva_max_fc -_- i mean i dont understand if it's the lag that make me cast slow or it's the lower fc XD

if any of u could test it, would be great ..in the while i keep trying ;/
Just check how many casts (EoO, for example) you need to use all mana.

Q

Quilnn

Well.. IF the 2/6 cap for chiv is counted towards the 70 or more REAL skill of magery, why not start with 69.9 magery and shove on skill boosting jewelry?? :mf_prop:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't think it is real skill. My recollection is at 70.0 modified magery skill your FC is capped at 2.

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well.. IF the 2/6 cap for chiv is counted towards the 70 or more REAL skill of magery, why not start with 69.9 magery and shove on skill boosting jewelry?? :mf_prop:
Well, a friend of mine told me the chiva_fc_penalty is calculated just on the "actual" magery skill.
And on my own..i did few tests wearing 90+ magery tnx to jewels and other items and i couldn't cast chiva at its max speed. So this seems to sign a point to that theory.

Btw being not sure if it was 70.00 i got atm just 69.9 magery and i'm switching on fly jewels bringin it to almost 96.
Doing so i save lots of skill points...but since i'm using diff sets of jewels, armors & so on....it starts to be a lil bit boring to set the 200th button for swapping items in this case too...moreover... that "on fly" swtiching isn't that fast...
it' s pretty decently playable but not so fast as i "think" to need.
I mean...when i need to invis.(even if i don't use it so often...but i still need it in certain situations) i wanna do it fast...without waiting to press a button for equipping something, and then casting it. JUst writing what i need to do, i feel i can smoke smthing before i cast it.

I've found a pretty cool 1hand dagger: with all the bonus i need but spellchanneling.
My idea was that:

1) looking cool XD
2) Without the spellchann property..i dont need neither to set nor to use an other switch-buttons-combination. since as soon as u cast.. dunno 4example invisibility, that weapon is automatically disarmed ensuring me an istant. 95+ magery lvl with all its benefits: 100% invis, 40+ greater healing to use on my pets when i need to heal them from far...and i will need just to equip 1 item - that weapon - (in spite of few items - losing 4sure super needed &usefull micro-seconds) for having back chiva at its top speed. Switching only 1 item requires to set just 1 more button but most of all...it's deffo faster than waiting to switch 2 or even more items.Especially when the panic is in the air. Then, i can still count on a decent 2/6 magery (95+) if i wanna heal myself or curing/archuring me &pets for some reason.And then, mounting back the mage weapon --> going back to chiva as main source, with all the calm.So i mean...sounds cool.

Said this..i'm back again in trouble cuz i can't decide the root to choose.
if i stick as i am now..with 69.9...i can use...around 20/25+ skill points somewherelse...and i've got several options/skills where to invest these points; and they will be all good used points.
The counter side is that my char will be even more harder to play cuz of all the switching things...i would say..not just harder..but slower too.
Again...atm i'm dealing with it...nothing really dramatic..but...tbh before doing smthing ..i really need to think of it in almost all details...i need to plan almost all - what to hunt, in wich conditions,where .&so on..it can become boring, especially in the long run and i'm getting older XD

P.s. dont get me wrong, i fking love my "crazy" setup..works like a charm for what i want and need; i just need to set up these little&last details, for saying around "yea baby, he's complete"^.^ (LOL "little")

Kayne.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a hard cap.

If your magery etc. is listed as above 69.9 real skill or modified, the -2 fc is applied.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After having searched for hours without any results, i post my question here.

Well, i know that if u got 70 magery and chiva together, on the same template...the chiva FC isn't reduced, i mean there's no penalty.

Now my question is this:
Let's suppose i train magery till 90.
If i equip a weapon, 4example ,like a dagger with the following bonus: FC1, Mage Weapon -20 (no spell channelling property)
Do i still cast chiva spells at max cap of 4/6? or is the Magery+chiva FC penalty calculated on my real magery value?! (that's 90 in this example) and there fore..letting me casting chiva' spell at 2/6 even if i wear that daggy?

ty all 4 any answer
Just stop magery at 69.9. You will not miss the .1