• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Favorite Champ Spawn Pet & Favorite Tamer Template

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Hello all,

I am curious as to your favorite pet's and their builds for doing Champion Spawns. As well as your favorite tamer template to compliment those pets. I also am looking for feedback on my current tamer template.

Right now I have a very nice WW pre-Patch that I've begun training on. His is a Chiv/AI build. He already is holding his own quite well in champ spawns even with his Chiv only in the mid 70's so far. In part due to my lvl 3 animal taming mastery doing consume damage. However I am noticing with champ spawns it would really be nice to have some good AoE attacks. There's only so much my WW can do when he's surrounded by 10 plus creatures hitting him all at once.

I've seen some people talk about a Najasaurus and adding Poison breath and Frenzied Whirlwind which sounds great since that pet has so many points to spend you can get some really nice builds.

I have a nice Rune Beetle I haven't begun training on yet but have heard they can make a good champ spawn pet as well.

But i wasn't sure what other pets you all may have out there and what your experience with them is on Champ Spawns.

I'm also thinking about my tamer template as well. Right now I'm a mage tamer
magery 120
eval 120
animal lore 120
animal taming 120
meditation 120
vet 120

I don't really use my magery spells much in combat, I mainly just send in my WW, heal him from a distance and keep the mobs off of me while I do Consume Damage. I keep his Bless buff going as well since it increases his strength from overcapped 751 to 846! If I aggro something, do invis, then all kill. Since I don't have resisting spells, i go down quick around casting monsters. I can do some offensive spells on the first round or two to kill a few monsters but once they get tougher or start casting spells I have to just let the WW do the work while I keep him alive, sometimes I just have to stay hidden and log out / log in if he gets surrounded by too many monsters and I can't do Consume damage or reveal to heal him.
So what do you all think, drop the eval, lose some of the bless buff and ability to do real damage with offensive spells for resist so I can hold my own better in battle? Do something else entirely? I don't want to remove meditation since that helps to allow me to do consume damage indefinitely.
Or should I split the difference, go 60 med and 60 resist?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
You could change eval to spellweavning if you can get lvl 6 focus without to much trouble.
Then get as high sdi on your suite as you can fit.
Then either use protection and just cast thunderstorm or essence of wind on any lvl on any spawn or no protection and time it better against spellcasters and try to wait out all spawn to target your pet. Can get a bit hard when a lich just spawn when you cast but with some practice and trying to always have somewhere to run and inviss it usually is ok.
And then cast wods at the end of boss makes it a lot quicker to finish.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Hello,

Main pets I use at spawns is a:
Cu with AI/Chiv
Cu with Goo/AI/Mystic
Naja with poison breath/FWW
Giant Beetle with AI/RC/Poison (great for hauling gold at the end)
*Note: I mostly use the ones above because I have them scrolled to some degree. I have a lot of other pets I'd like to use, but they're not scrolled.

I have also used:
Unicorn with AI/Magery mastery
Dimetrosuar with poison, poison breath, mortal strike

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
@SouthPaw
What other pets would you use if you had all the scrolls you needed to beef them up?
@Chrille
Thanks for the info. I was thinking spellweaving, but wasn't sure how much I'd get to use it. On Baja I don't know how often I'd be able to do a lvl 6 focus. Heck even a lvl 4 would be tough I think. But i'll ask around in the general chat to see what other SW experiences are these days.

I'll definitely look at doing protection while doing spawns, at least then I can get invis before I get dead. :) I always assumed it would mean my resist spells would go negative with that buff on, causing me to take even more damage but apparently it doesn't go below zero, same with faster casting so for me that means I really get all of the benefit and none of the penalty. I also have enough Physical resist to keep me at max of 65% with my current suit.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
@SouthPaw
What other pets would you use if you had all the scrolls you needed to beef them up?
@Chrille
Thanks for the info. I was thinking spellweaving, but wasn't sure how much I'd get to use it. On Baja I don't know how often I'd be able to do a lvl 6 focus. Heck even a lvl 4 would be tough I think. But i'll ask around in the general chat to see what other SW experiences are these days.

I'll definitely look at doing protection while doing spawns, at least then I can get invis before I get dead. :) I always assumed it would mean my resist spells would go negative with that buff on, causing me to take even more damage but apparently it doesn't go below zero, same with faster casting so for me that means I really get all of the benefit and none of the penalty. I also have enough Physical resist to keep me at max of 65% with my current suit.
Fire steed with AI/chiv
Fire crimson drake with ai/chiv
Fire beetle with ai/rc/poison
Prepatch nightmare with ai/chiv
prepatch WW with ai/chiv
Ram with ai/chiv/life leech
Dragon Wolf with AI/Poison
Reptalon with AI/chiv/paralyze/dragon breath
Cu with AI/Discord
Lesser Hiryu with Goo/grasping claw/Bushido
....probably a few others I'm forgetting.

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
FWW with goo cu sidhe without a doubt. Chews up the spawns and higher you scroll your ninjitsu up(you get passive ninjitsu with frenzied whirlwind) the more damage output you get. My template is taming, lore, vet, magery med eval spellweaving... sometimes I wonder why I have vet on my template anymore because I rarely need to heal my dog at all... sometimes ill drop out eval and do a straight tamer weaver template and cast EOW on first two levels of spawn before I let my dog chew on them and then cast WOD nonstop on the boss when his health is down

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is theory crafting on my part. The most effective PvM spawn template would be in my opinion:

Necro/Weaver/Tamer
115 Tame
110 Lore
100 Vet
100 Magery
100 Necro
100 SS
120 SW or 120 EI

Wraith Form, Wither, Animate Dead, Evil Omen, Corpse Skin, Poison Strike, Arcane Empowerment, WoD, Gift of Life, Attunement, Gift of Renewal, Wildfire.

Spam wither in wraith form to cut down the lower level of the spawn. Carry orange petals to counter poison. Animate dead for extra minions and meat shields. Attunement for a 60hp physical shield.

When the boss gets to 32% Evil Omen, Arcane Empowerment, and WoD.

Armor - MR, HPR, Eaters, LMC, LRC

Pets- I would stay away from Chivalry on Spawn pets.

1st Choice would be an AI/Goo/ Mystic Bane Dragon. Mystic to me is the most AoE friendly magic. Banes pack extra AoE goodness due to Blackrock stew. To bad they can't learn Bushido.

2nd Choice is a AI/Goo/Bushido/Lesser Hiryu

Unlike most tamers I'm not a big fan of the Dog.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
This is theory crafting on my part. The most effective PvM spawn template would be in my opinion:

Necro/Weaver/Tamer
115 Tame
110 Lore
100 Vet
100 Magery
100 Necro
100 SS
120 SW or 120 EI

Wraith Form, Wither, Animate Dead, Evil Omen, Corpse Skin, Poison Strike, Arcane Empowerment, WoD, Gift of Life, Attunement, Gift of Renewal, Wildfire.

Spam wither in wraith form to cut down the lower level of the spawn. Carry orange petals to counter poison. Animate dead for extra minions and meat shields. Attunement for a 60hp physical shield.

When the boss gets to 32% Evil Omen, Arcane Empowerment, and WoD.

Armor - MR, HPR, Eaters, LMC, LRC

Pets- I would stay away from Chivalry on Spawn pets.

1st Choice would be an AI/Goo/ Mystic Bane Dragon. Mystic to me is the most AoE friendly magic. Banes pack extra AoE goodness due to Blackrock stew. To bad they can't learn Bushido.

2nd Choice is a AI/Goo/Bushido/Lesser Hiryu

Unlike most tamers I'm not a big fan of the Dog.
I run something similar to that. Gets through the first 2 rounds fast and easy. More pet dependent on rounds 3 and 4. I usually use my Goo/AI/Mystic Cu if I'm solo, otherwise I'll use something with AI/Chiv. That being said, I've used my Unicorn with AI/Magery mastery before and a Naja with poison breath/FWW, also a dimetrosaur.