• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fastest Leveling Class (zero to little downtime)?

• Thread starter Lord Abernathy
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lord Abernathy

Just curious, what do you think is the fastest leveling class with the lowest amount of downtime?

Personal opinion....druid, especially after you get cat form.

All other classes require some sorta downtime (of course, some have fewer downtimes)....

Warlocks and Hunters are probably the next fastest to level, since they have pets....but they eventually do need to drink/eat/bandie after a bit...especially after chain killing mobs

Shaman, Paladins, Priests, and Mages all require mana regen to continue, so again, eventually they need to drink up.

Rogue and Warrior need to bandie up or food to regen health after multiple kills

Now, the Druid. After level 20 (cat form), and if you're specc'ed feral, you can keep on melee-ing mobs, until you need to heal up, then you just shift out and heal yourself (no water/food needed), shift back to cat and keep killing while your mana is regenerating when you're in cat form.

In the beginning, you'll prob still need to drink or eat every once in a while, but as you gain new abilities, your downtime simply disappears. While you're killing in your forms (cat for the fast kill, bear for the multiple mob kill), your mana will regen....and the only time you shift out will be to heal to full, then back to killing stuff.

S

Starla_Rae

I haven't played a Druid yet, but I will agree that Hunters are very easy to level with. The trick is to try to not aggro what your pet is on. I can go and go with my hunter with out much down time at all.

I

Ishtar

My hunter leveled far faster than my warlock. Aspect of the cheetah made a big difference getting from one place to another. I have my hunter spec set up primarily for beast mastery and some marksmanship, mixed with the right armor you need little downtime.

I have yet to try a druid, but have been dabbling with a rogue and a pally. The priest class was the slowest so far as the spells are more defensive than offensive. I need more help on quests with that char than any of my others.

Mister McFeely

WoW Noob!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd probably would say druid although my hunter was quick too. I switch back and forth between 5 different classes so its hard to give an exact answer.

Hit 41 on my druid today started him about two weeks ago. Work full time and play about 2-3 hours a day more on the weekends.

L

Lord Abernathy

i currently have a 65 lock i'm working, and even though it's very fast with little downtime (life tap!), i still gotta bandie/drink/eat every once in a while.

Elm

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found my Shadow Priest was my quickest leveller so far, probably followed by (at the time) my Protection Paladin.

I do have a 65 Lock currently but i only play him now and again and i have had him a long time.

Mister McFeely

WoW Noob!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found my Shadow Priest was my quickest leveller so far, probably followed by (at the time) my Protection Paladin.

I do have a 65 Lock currently but i only play him now and again and i have had him a long time.
thats because you are a noob :p

L

Lord Abernathy

I gotta admit that Shadow Priests are pretty damn fast too....my SP is now 69, another day or two i'll have my third 70! :party: