• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Faster gains 109+

• Thread starter Dragonchilde
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dragonchilde

What is something I can craft that will give faster gains over 109? I've been making royal circlets, but thus far, I've slowed dramatically over the last .4 points, to where I'm hardly gaining at all. My percentage of success on those is 78.8.

I'm not that concerned about conserving ingots... I don't mind mining at all. I just want to speed up the gains!

How often can I expect a gain at this level, and is there anything I can make that would be FASTER!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Your best gains are between 60% & 80% chance of success.

At 109 skill, you're near the end of that, with Royal circlets (78%)

If ingots burned are no object, you could try certain platemail pieces and SE/ML weapons.

At 109 skill, you are the following percentages to make the following items.

68%: Platemail Tunic, No Dachi, Radiant Scimitar (of the 3, the Radiant scimitars use the least ingots and weigh less, so are the best to make)
58%: Plate Hiro Sode, Plate Mempo, Lajatang (Hiro Sode use least ingots)
48%: Chaos Shield, Order Shield
44%: Platemail Do
38%: the three Kabuto helmet styles

Given those options, I'd go for the Radiant scimitars if you got some low-end runics you want to use to try for for some decent weapons (And its variants, if you got gems to burn), then switch to the plate Hiro Sode with normal toolsby the time you start getting near 115 skill.

Remember, if you can get some weapons with 2-3 really good properties with low-end runics, using iron ingots, you can save them to imbue in SA to where they have 5 properties. A lot of people are starting to hoard items to TAKE APART with imbueing, but not put any thought into the items they will ADD those properties to.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
shhh Basara lol I just started doing this a little while back they best hurry up i am running low on storage now :)

W

Warrior of Time

I am already out of storage in 3 houses. Less than 10 in each. I am now filling up the chars banks. I just place a bag into the bank and drop all the really good weapons I find into it so they don't get mixed. I have 8 chars that have almost no skill I been useing.

D

Dragonchilde

Awesome,thanks for the advice, Basara. I'll try to post skill gain logs, too, although generally I suck at those.