• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Farmng Treasure maps

• Thread starter A Wandering Soul
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
A

A Wandering Soul

I recently started a new character on a new shard. I wanted to test out this new Treasure map scheme to see how it works from the bottom up. I bought a few L1 maps...awesome. Cool loot(alacrity scrolls). Random locations cool, not too hard to find(if you use UOC or UOAM).

The worst part is...

Where the heck can i get T-maps as loot?

Stratics says ore elementals, large reponds, orcs captian/lords and whatnot.
I have killed and looted easily 1500 of these listed monsters, and I got not a single T-map.

Could someone list the monsters people have gotten T-maps from(by map level). I think a modern list will help people continue this awesome new system.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have gotten a few level one two and three maps recently. I get most my level 1 and 2 maps from sea serpents while fishing for MIBs or doing nets. The level three maps were from fishing up sunken treasure (also get level 1 and two) and I got some level one maps from dull coppper elementals and most recently and most rarely from an orc mage.

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hunt earth elimentals - gold is ok, collect gems for imbuing, and they drop t-maps. I also buy from vendors from the money I collect of the earth - there seem to be a lot for 1000 - 1500 per which means you are making money

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'Farming' treasure maps is not an easy task. They are semi-rare loot on monsters. If you want really many lvl 1 maps, you should start a fisherman.
For monsters to have treasure maps as loot, have a look at Treasure Map Quests .One of the better places to farm for them is the Cyclops Pyramid in Illshenar. Additionally to maps, the paragons can have locked chests with another map inside. Due to the high numbers of monsters, some champion spawns work as well. (You only have to remember that maps found in Ill are now for Ill. Maps out of paragon chests have a random location.) Depending on the template of your treasure hunter, paragon titans can become nasty. Luck on your equipment helps finding maps.
An alternative to farming the maps is one of the older quests. Grizelda the Hag - Hunter's Guide - UO Stratics gives always one map up to lvl 4. (Trammel map if you do the quest in trammel. Not shure on fel.) After completing the quest, you have to wait afew minutes, before you can do the quest again.
Another way would be to locate your shards busiest fishers. If you can convince them to pick up their treasure maps (mostly lvl 1's), you might be able to buy them for a low price. (Facet depends on where that fisherman is fishing.)

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the new shard you are playing on GL (from your profile)? If you have started on Europa or Siege i can give you lvl1 Maps.

T

thesplatter

demons have often tmaps in loot.

Im doing much the renowned spawn and they have realy often maps.

misamis for high lvl maps are also very easy to farm.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Undead spawn Lv2.
Mummy have Lv1 map.
I check Mummy corpse because I want the seed.
I can take 0-3 maps by champion spawn.
However,only ilshener and felluca.

I want fell map.
So I check corpse at champion spawn.
Because I cannot take Fell L5 map so much, I think I fight crystal lattica seeker at prism of light.
But I have many tram map....

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you do the hag's quest in Fel you get fel maps. I've done it quite a bit. One one memorable hunting trip I started with a level 3 map from the hag, when I dug it there was a level 4 in the chest. When I dug that I got a level 5 map. RNG must have smiled on me that day.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your not looking for a specific facet can also do the guardian room in doom think they drop up to lvl 3 maps.

A

A Wandering Soul

I did some level 1 maps last night and got another level 1 map with each map I did.
In the many L1 maps i have done lately, further t-maps are about as common as alacrity scrolls. And twice as often I get "beggin' strips"(pet treats). Skeleton Keys seem to be the rarest of all the items in L1s.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the many L1 maps i have done lately, further t-maps are about as common as alacrity scrolls. And twice as often I get "beggin' strips"(pet treats). Skeleton Keys seem to be the rarest of all the items in L1s.
I seem to go through spurts, getting the skeleton keys was common for a while and now nothing, used to get aclarity scrolls for a while and now nothing, but now I am getting maps so I suppose it will cycle through it all again soon. The beggin strips seem to be fairly regularly found in the maps I do like every other one or something.

M

Myna

for lvl 6, miasma is your friend (it comes within the chest), facet is random

and i think its the fastest map to get .... you can get a few maps (10+, sometimes more, sometimes less) within an hour, depends how fast you can kill it

sampire is fastest to kill it (seconds), slowest is mage (with ev), medium is a tamer, i would say

of course you need a lockpicker to get the map out of the chest, but to do the t-hunts you need a lockpicker anyway

Ommy2k7

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lvl 1's - Ratmen - Ice Dungeon
lvl 2's - Earth Elementals - Shame
lvl 3's - Ogre Lords - Despise
lvl 4's - Daemons - Hythloth
lvl 5's - Blood Elementals - Blood Dungeon/Shame
lvl 6's - Miasma - Labrynth
lvl 7's - Not Sure

All those are "Farmable" as they are what i use for my T-hunter.

Hope it helps.

Om.

M

Myna

lvl 7 is not farmable as far as i know

they come only in lvl 6 chests (with luck one lvl higher, sometimes lvl stays at 6) or from the new high seas bosses

name is "diabolically"

G

Gowron

LvL 7's are also supposed to be found rarely on Pirate Ships, but I haven't actually seen it happen yet. Then again, I don't go after pirates much.

L

Longforge

Simply put... if you want level 6 T-Maps... go plop yourself at Miasma for a few hours. You get colored chests and level 6 maps. And at 2500 gold and top tier loot... you cant go wrong.

I can collect about 10-15 chests per hour doing this.

E

Eslake

If you can handle 2 lichs, you can have limitless level 1-3 maps.

Doom, in the NW corner runs East into a room with a grey pentagram.

When you enter, the doors lock behind you, and the walls pump out poison - and 2 lichs (dark guardian) spawn for every character/pet in the room.

Killing them unlocks the door so you can go out and come right back in for another round (or just run around in the middle of the room to reset it) - and Every one of them drops a t-map.