• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farming points for turn in

• Thread starter Prince Caspian
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

Prince Caspian

I know it runs contrary to the whole idea of the "Spring Cleaning" concept, but the turn in prices are much too high for this broke-ass brotha.

First I thought I'd use the pre-chest fishing loot... but I've noticed that the MiBs have severely dropped off lately (I spent 2 hours fishing last night and didn't get a one). I thought I'd farm up some Virtue Arties, but the antivirtue dungeon drops are severely constipated as well. Mowing down liches in Covetous, I average maybe an artie every two hours.

However, I've found the best farming method yet -- for me at least. The Plague Beast Lord Mutation Cores. It takes me, what, about a minute to lead one out of the Nox Tereg, and then 10-20 seconds to cut out the core. And they are worth 500 each. In an hour last night I got around 40 cores this way, which translates to 20k points.

Of course I don't look forward to having to drag and drop 200 of these suckers (and THEN turn in the tix) to get one piece of armor...

Anyone else found a good method of farming up turn ins?

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beeing a packrat helps! I got around 2000 halloween candies, wich will give a nice amount of points.
Stealing in doom and tokuno is a nice thingy too, altho you can´t call that farming.
Well, last thing I can think of, is going to ilsh and kill paragons like stupid to get minor arties. :wall:

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luck suit + high-fame paragon hunting FTW!

Remember that when you are fighting paragons there is no 1 arti that drops. Instead, every person who does enough damage to get rights will get an arti if the RNG favors them. With a luck suit this happens quite often. I like to get a group together and kill para succubus. Gather 3-4 friends and farm artis like mad. Also, decent loot on occasion.

A

Azureal

Recipes and Talismans from Heartwood. I just buy as many clocks as I can and do the Tick Tock quest. Managed to get all the "rare" recipes Ive wanted as well.

Anti Virtue drops. I load up my secondary account on my laptop, and sit it next to me while I use my main account on my desktop PC. The swordsman on that account has a 70 resist suit and a reptile slayer ornate axe with 60% life leech. Mows down lizardmen and never has to heal. Have considered just leaving him logged in all day while Im at work. It aint scripting, it aint macroing *shrug* still fighting the internal moral argument with that one.

Ive got 300k in points at the moment, and around another 200k to hand in once the patch hits.

E

Eslake

heartwood crafting quests (talismans and recipes) are the best I've found for reliable points.

Plague Beast Lords - HOW do you paralyze them now? I've been trying for 15 minutes to get any of them to go plastic on me. Para doesn't work (just makes them mad) and the later way of beating on them until they went solid doesn't work now either.

N

Ni-

I hadn't thought about the Mutation Cores, I never could do them right. I have needed to hunt for turn ins because I was never bothered about the big point turn in items. My houses have been near full for the past 6 years, so no real room for collecting stuff.

Right now I have 12 chars just about overloaded each with at least 50 turn in items waiting for round 3 to go live. Even with all of those I'll still be stretching for 2 armor pieces.

P

Prince Caspian

heartwood crafting quests (talismans and recipes) are the best I've found for reliable points.

Plague Beast Lords - HOW do you paralyze them now? I've been trying for 15 minutes to get any of them to go plastic on me. Para doesn't work (just makes them mad) and the later way of beating on them until they went solid doesn't work now either.

There are many, many interactive tutorials (some of pretty high quality) for performing the operation, but here is the quick version:

PRINCE CASPIAN'S GUIDE TO E-Z PLAGUE BEAST LORD VIVISECTION!

You will need: the Paralyze Spell, scissors, a blade and bandages (1-10 per op)

1.) Find a Plague Beast Lord (regular plague beasts wont do the trick)
2.) Lead him to an area where you wont be disturbed for a few seconds.
3.) Paralyze him.

**NOTE: Once you paralyze a plague beast lord, the clock starts ticking. You need to get this done in under a minute or so. The more the beast hemmorages (more on that later) the less time you will have. That's why you cant afford to step away and deal with incoming monsters**

4.) Use a knife on him, and you'll get this gooey innards gump.
5.) You will see 0-4 iron maidens. They don't cause hemmoraging, so go ahead and open them all up. If you see a colored brain, you are in business. See (Removing the Brains)
6.) If you don't find at least 2 in the iron maidens, you need to move to the secondary organs, which look like blue hunks of granite. Use the scissors on there.

-- TREATING HEMMORAGES --
From the secondary organs on up, if there is no brain inside, the beast will hemmorage. You will see a trickle of blood that will grow. If you do not staunch it (use a bandaid on it, even if you have no healing/vet), the beast will quickly die. Each stage (4) of bleeding wiill halve the time you have left before the beast dies! LastObject works wonders here.

7.) If you don't have 2 brains by now, you'll have to move to the tertiary organs, which look like multicolor bubbly heaps of stone with colored wires attached. Cut each of the "wires" with scissors EXCEPT the color of the organ... if its green, leave the green wire connected but cut all others. You will be presented with a brain or a hemmorage.

I wont go into the rest, because you only need two of the four brains now (not sure when that changed), and you'll certainly have them by now.

8.) Remove the brains and move them into the appropraite colored pans in the middle.

--REMOVING BRAINS--
Drag and drop them into the pan, but be careful, they will IMMEDIATELY hemmorage (from any organ) as soon as you move them. Be ready with the bandie.

9.) When two brains are in place, use the scissors on the ice-blue brain in the middle.

10.) Viola. You now have a mutation core. If the PBL was a paragon, be sure to check for chocolate ingredients before moving on. :)

Again, this is the cliff's notes.

R

RavenWinterHawk

I know it runs contrary to the whole idea of the "Spring Cleaning" concept, but the turn in prices are much too high for this broke-ass brotha.

First I thought I'd use the pre-chest fishing loot... but I've noticed that the MiBs have severely dropped off lately (I spent 2 hours fishing last night and didn't get a one). I thought I'd farm up some Virtue Arties, but the antivirtue dungeon drops are severely constipated as well. Mowing down liches in Covetous, I average maybe an artie every two hours.

However, I've found the best farming method yet -- for me at least. The Plague Beast Lord Mutation Cores. It takes me, what, about a minute to lead one out of the Nox Tereg, and then 10-20 seconds to cut out the core. And they are worth 500 each. In an hour last night I got around 40 cores this way, which translates to 20k points.

Of course I don't look forward to having to drag and drop 200 of these suckers (and THEN turn in the tix) to get one piece of armor...

Anyone else found a good method of farming up turn ins?
This might not be popular but the best thing to do is Kill higer end monsters that give gold and hides. Use the Anti-Virtue dungeons.

Sell the stuff you carve, bank the gold, and you will get a 10k item eventually.

After you sell the hides buy up tickets. They can be found from 350k to 500k per 5,000 points.

The other thing is to save the gold.
I just bought a behive for 2.75 million. Thats pretty low.
A Yucca for 750k

All this stuff will come down once it sits on vendors.

I found the luck bracelet for 7 mill and the ring for 7 mill. Thats less the 500 gold a point. Yeah its pricey but I sold other stuff to get them. Stuff I can replace later. For instance I got a crimson cin from a Stranger.

E

Eslake

1.) Find a Plague Beast Lord (regular plague beasts wont do the trick)
2.) Lead him to an area where you wont be disturbed for a few seconds.
3.) Paralyze him.
That's where it ends for me. I paralyze, but nothing happens. They continue to move and attack.
I remember doing it back when the event introduced them, and later we had to beat them into submission sort of. But neither method is working to freeze them.

E

Emil IsTemp

Ive been doing the Virtue items.. since about a week before the rift closed. Gonna throw in all the virtue armor peices i dont need either. Got most of the rewards I want already, so gonna have about 500k more to spend =/.

P

Prince Caspian

That's where it ends for me. I paralyze, but nothing happens. They continue to move and attack.
I remember doing it back when the event introduced them, and later we had to beat them into submission sort of. But neither method is working to freeze them.
You must cast the Magery Spell Paralyze. No other method will work. I dunno if you have to have a certain magery skill, but it will turn ice blue when it freezes.

R

RavenWinterHawk

You must cast the Magery Spell Paralyze. No other method will work. I dunno if you have to have a certain magery skill, but it will turn ice blue when it freezes.
Buy up green thorns and kill vorpals
250pts for eggs

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have considered just leaving him logged in all day while Im at work. It aint scripting, it aint macroing *shrug* still fighting the internal moral argument with that one.

FYI - If you are caught AFK while your character is farming you may get banned.

F

Finch

Where can you turn in talsimans and recipes? How did I miss that one

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do Champ Spawns in Fel with Necro/Mage in Wraith Form spamming Wither. The 10th Anniversary Arties practically pour into your' backpack. Have seen tons of them just left on the floor of the Starroom because the Necro/Mage has so many of them. If you're doing solo, get the champ spawn up to 3rd level and leave, 3rd level is usually when the Ghost Cams start sending information to raiders. Using a 10th Anniversary Sculpture for Luck will help too.

B

bill

You can turn in talismans and recipes? How much are they worth?

G

Gwendar-SP

I had a couple of bad days on MiB and Sea Serpents. Today I was back to normal - went out with 8 SoS, came home with 2 pearls, about 300 leather, 9000 points, and 11 new SoS.

On the slow days, others were having better luck. It is somewhat random. On one of the slow days 4 of the 7 SS i caught came from the same spot.

You can turn in talismans and recipes? How much are they worth?
Check the pub 54 info - talisman are 250 and recipes are 100/