• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farming Booster pack with new foods and recipes and things to grow and cook

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More accounts maybe? Is possible, non?
Well, a) I have a hard time believing that many people open new accounts for stable slots, and b) thats not an acceptable excuse anyway.

If money grab really were the case they could just sell stable upgrades in the code store.

I personally think its either something weird in the code wont allow people to have 100 pets, or they just don't want people to have a lot of pets, for some unspoken and as far as I or anyone else has ever deduced nonsensical, reason.

Or they simply don't think it's important.

I would love to know the actual reason.

mellifluant

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
For everyone that cant understand the appeal of crafting goodies and the desire for non-combat related content... why are you playing a sandbox game at all? o_O" Especially UO, which is kind of the pinnacle of sandbox games.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
120 Mysticism, 100 Herding and 110 Ninjitsu (for Llama form w/out failing)...
Ooo :p .at last my herder has focus. Lol now to build up her skills

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One idea that we really got excited about was offering farming plots in various sizes. You'd have a small plot to customize like a normal house where you could put your farm house, barn, windmill, etc and the rest would be farm land that you could grow a variety of crops on. Lot of room for us to grow with this concept :p

I'd love that. Just please make sure they have to be refreshed or they decay so we are swamped with lots of land used on closed accounts.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally at this point I think new content should be priority one for a while. There has been a SERIOUS content drought over the past year.

Everything else I agree with wholeheartedly. Cutting out pointless complexity should be something they really need to focus on, as many of the recent additions have been shall we say... inelegant, to the point of absurdity.
Also listening to players, and not just people who say "this is awesome!" Like the people who were constantly pointing out the issues with refinement system for example, they were quite clear and constructive about the system and how if it went in as it was that it would be neigh unusable, but they put it in anyway, and now hardly anyone uses it.

And as always craftable... ALWAYS a better choice than a one time gift.
I agree with everything you've said and for the DEV's @Mesanna, @Kyronix and @Bleak.... etc... I've highlighted and bolded the most important statements that pretty much sum up how nearly everyone I know in game feel. Also I would like to add one more statement again in bold to let you all know the other most important thing that needs to be addressed that the DEV's often forget......

When you add ANYTHING to the game... ask yourself can this be stackable!?!?! And also remember K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Savvy?) MAKE IT SO! PLEASE! For the love of us all. Fire Ant Goo....... should have been stackable!!!!! Acid Pools should have been stackable!!!
I don't care if they are a quest item or not ... they should have been stackable. They should still be.... Power crystals... Stackable. Tokens of the same type ought to stack... Heritage tokens... ought to stack, Shard Shield Tokens for the same shard ought to stack... etc...

I'm all for added stuff but when you don't listen to the players and just put stuff in without thinking... it honestly makes us feel like you just don't care.

I myself am interested in Farming. But down the road. I am waiting for a housing revamp... the pet revamp... etc... And when your adding new tamables.... remember I need more stable slots!!! Heck I would even go so far as to say if I could stable them at home and they took up room in my housing slots I would do it... If they counted as a "vendor" slot.... I would do it.

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
make your skill demisish if you don't eat
I really think this is a great idea. Something, anything to bring back the cooking skill. The pies are good, we have petals and such. Maybe GM cook can make an item that will give a few extra skill points for a set amount of time. East a special grape and your scribe goes up 5 points for 5 minutes. A special fish casserole and you fishing skills goes up 5 for 5 minutes.

mellifluant

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Heck I would even go so far as to say if I could stable them at home and they took up room in my housing slots I would do it... If they counted as a "vendor" slot.... I would do it.
That's an awesome idea!

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know there has to be something in UO for everyone. The last hurrah for me was the fishing and ships. I still love it.
Any changes, revamps, or additions for cooking, alchemy, gardening, or herding I would willingly test as much as I could.
I do think the chance to randomly spawn a reaper, corpser, or other various nasty leafy monster from a seed would be an added touch.

For farming make the fields in Fel produce double or triple yields. The ground is more fertile since it's been fertilized with blood, laid fallow for many years, and has been well fertilized with verbal manure as well. ;)
Let reds have the opportunity to raze your crops! Do it! Have blight or livestock damage. Can you imagine finding a ton of greater dragons stuck in your field?:p

Tram make the fields yield one for one and let livestock, weather, monster, or blight damage still occur.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
DID NOT IN UO'S EARLY DAYS YOU HAD TO EAT? I REMEBER FIZZLING, TIL I ATE SUMIN
This is the Sosarian equivalent of an urban legend. Lots of people thought eating food made a difference, but a multitude of devs have all stated it wasn't true.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would buy such a pack at once, if it would contain an option, which allows locking down stuff on the outer wall of your house and may be on ground one or two tiles around the plot. So we could put paintings, potted or other plants or raised garden beds to the outside for a designed front yard.
And of course items locked down there should not have limited access according to the normal house security, like the bulletin board on outer stairs, which cannot be used by passing by people, if the house security is set to private (I think mailboxes, runebooks and the crystal portals have the same issue).

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think both chefs and other players would be well-served if eating automatically gave a temporary bonus of some kind (all foods). It would make food in general somewhat useful, but wouldn't create a problem for anyone who forgot to pack their lunch one day. :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:moo:been noticing one or two chars doing the''dress like a farmer'' challenge....ready for the boost!!!!....yeeeeeahhhhhhh:moo:

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's the nature of the game. People are going to play UO the way they want to play UO, and are going to enjoy the activities they are going to enjoy. One of the most enjoyable features of the game is building a virtual collection to display in your virtual home. So fundamental was that concept that it spawned Lord British's Ultimate Collector Facebook game, that was actually a total blast. I had a sweet meteorite collection, and my virtual animation cel collection mimic'd the one I have in real life. Of course that's not for everyone, and people will come and go. The best we can do is try and provide a little something for everyone whenever we can. :D[/QUOTET
This is the main reason i play. Please give us a farm!

Also, breedable animals sounds fun, make some of them rare.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Puts on Flame Proof Suit Again....dang it's getting lots of use today* How about Trees we could put down and gather fruit from like the peach trees, Tribal Berry trees (Tribal berry pie anyone?) Commence flame in 5...4...3...2...1) Date palms coconuts palms and Banana trees that give fruit. Okay before you all commence screaming MY RARES, MY RARES....AAAAAAHHHH Fainting, heart attack etc, etc. The rubble ones say, well RUBBLE and don't give fruit. Then current Banana Trees ..Palms...which are they? Don't give fruit. Maybe modify Banana trees and have shiny New Coconut Palms/Date Palms that say coconut palm and Date palm and drop fruit!

Okay people FLAME ON LOL

Last edited:

Gedgerez Tesherd

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
One idea that we really got excited about was offering farming plots in various sizes. You'd have a small plot to customize like a normal house where you could put your farm house, barn, windmill, etc and the rest would be farm land that you could grow a variety of crops on. Lot of room for us to grow with this concept :p
Kyronix
This is inspiring to read. *pinches an extra piece of cake off the plate*

Can you please allow vendor rental, as well as npc vendors (barkeep, farmer, etc) place able on the plots? Maybe include new crop field tiles for sale on gardener npc after accessing a quest. Quest to grow plants in magincia, then turn in the fully grown plant (harvested from magincia only) as currency to buy the crop tiles. The crop tiles could be a solution to plow fields for the plot placement out in the wild, at any city dirt field zone, and inside/next to player housing as well as the customizable home dirt plot tiles, classic housing flower beds, grass & wall areas inside & outside of the villa, large marble, keep & castles if you are friended, whilst using normal house placement zoning rules outside in the vicinity of player housing.

Last edited: