• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farewell!

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
To my fellow Sosarians,

Last night I lost my final gubernatorial election in Minoc. It’s a bitter loss, and a sober realization. The RP community on Chessy does not want to mingle with the PKers. They want to live separate and superior lives compared to us brutal killers from Fellucia coming into their ‘game’. I feel the PKers made for some really interesting and off the wall RP, all of which was stone walled by the RPers of Chessy. Attempts to make joint events, or story-lines fell on deaf ears. We have had a horrible run of EMs which prevented me from creating events when I had the free time to do so. So it comes as no real surprise, that I’d be ousted.

When I (we) came back a few years back it was pretty damn fun. Had a good group of old friends running around PvPing again. We then became friends with the people in Toke, which led us into the governor positions and dabbling in RP. It was super fun. Sadly, my PvP buddies became tired of trying to train up the RP/casual crowd in PvP, and decided to join up with our biggest rival. I couldn’t betray the people in Toke who took us in, showed us the ‘trammy’ side of the game like that. So I remained. The game grew stale, and I found myself playing other games more and more at the same time my available play time dwindled.

The governor meetings and player ran events were the only things I was attending in UO. In fact, I think I only missed a few. So first my friends left to join another guild, now the RP community pushed me out of the RP business. This means there is no more reason for me to stay in touch or follow UO, other than keeping my houses up. Maybe in the future I’ll get more free time and have the care to try to do this all again.

Until that day occurs, goodbye.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
To my fellow Sosarians,

Last night I lost my final gubernatorial election in Minoc. It’s a bitter loss, and a sober realization. The RP community on Chessy does not want to mingle with the PKers. They want to live separate and superior lives compared to us brutal killers from Fellucia coming into their ‘game’. I feel the PKers made for some really interesting and off the wall RP, all of which was stone walled by the RPers of Chessy. Attempts to make joint events, or story-lines fell on deaf ears. We have had a horrible run of EMs which prevented me from creating events when I had the free time to do so. So it comes as no real surprise, that I’d be ousted.

The governor meetings and player ran events were the only things I was attending in UO. In fact, I think I only missed a few. So first my friends left to join another guild, now the RP community pushed me out of the RP business. This means there is no more reason for me to stay in touch or follow UO, other than keeping my houses up. Maybe in the future I’ll get more free time and have the care to try to do this all again.

Until that day occurs, goodbye.
I want to write more but I'm at work, so I hope to revisit this later and further I hope it makes a little sense.

You are free to role play and still attend and participate in the governor meetings, citizens do attend. I wouldn't call Shizzle a roleplayer. He's a player, he can roleplay as he can do many things. And I know he is looking for people to join the Minoc town team for the upcoming events between towns. So I would invite you to get ahold of him. Maybe you could discuss crazy rp ideas for the governors meeting.

There was rping pvpers in the history of Chesapeake, like CoV. If you or anyone else remembers them.

Community is community, and I think that is what we all look for when we play. Be it with our guilds, our friends, or a larger section of the population. We lose sight of it when we run off in our respective corners playing a solo game of UO, but when you think about the most fun you've had in uo, it general involves a community of people having fun. So feel free to join the fun.

Also, you don't need an EMs participation to run events. You can organize them yourself and grab the PEC if you need them.

Zoogi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Gewd Luck Joe. Der r uh lot ub people dat dun need ta hab uh gobenor tidle ta enjoy da RP. Mez rememberz yoo story uh liddle dipperent. Yoo make id ta 2 gobenorz meedinz, mez seen yoo ad uh player run ebent 1 time n when yoo duz show up to duh meetinz yoo try ta poke holez in eberyun elzes storylinez. Mez hab ta say dat mez wuz lewkin forwurd ta seein wut kind ub ebentz er storylinez yoo wood do tinkin dat yoo mite bring uh pvp azpekt to da table er sumtin uh liddle dipperent. Insted wez juzt git uh hole lodda nuttin.

Mez iz curiuz wut yoos RP wuz doh. Ip it wuz da hole eberyun shood b doin batsaltz n eatin facez opp yooz rite. Mez wuznt interzted. Anyhoo Gewd Luck wit wuteber yooz duz. Girkle fur cobering da 20th annibersary ting n hopefully yoo learn dat yoo dun need ta hab uh Gobenor tidle ta git along with sum hummiez. Butt enupp up all dat.

*wabes*

Murdock

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
the role play and governor events took a nose dive after people complained to mesanna, and the ems were no longer allowed to help us, some tried working with the PEC but just wasn't the same, and before or after or around that time we lost D&D , then especially things went south, people lost interest

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Despite what you may think, we are a quite open group. Some of us have been working together for quite some time, and have developped some rich stories and lore of our own over time, but new people are always welcome.

I think it would have been wise to observe and ask around what's been going on before bullying you way through, and decide someone else's character should die, and throw murder accusations around, for example. The least you should have done was discuss with that person and ask her what she thought about it.

There's no problem coming up with your own ideas and stuff, but if you wish to involve someone else, or if you wish to integrate some of whats going on in other towns, it would be welcome to refer to the concerned people. Your approach was quite aggressive, and yes, it might have caused some ruffled feathers. But we're working with each other, not competing with others, there is no need to be confrontational.

Whatever you decide to do in UO, my door is always open, and so are my events. Which is why I post them here on stratics rather than just publicizing in Alliance chat..

EM Ulric

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
I am sorry to hear that you will be leaving Ultima Online firstly. You gave all meetings a fun spin and I hope you reconsider leaving in general. As for being a horrible EM, I am sorry you feel this way. If you ever need anything feel free to reach out, I check my emails daily. Hope to see you at the next event friend.

EM Ulric