• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farewell, Origin

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many people on this shard are pretty hard on Sir Alister. This post starts with a different point of view.

We had a small fight with FFBz on the weekend and we were both surprised and pleased to find another group of dedicated PvPers. Here was a group that would come back, despite stat loss, because they loved the fight, and more importantly, loved to win. This was not a group that stayed to talk trash, to point out differences in numbers; this was not a group that lacked organization and has members who will not go get ressed because they've given up.

We won because we had numbers, but it didn't bother them in the slightest. Our only regret is that we haven't had many other chances to fight a group that combines dedication, organization, and a drive for victory despite the odds.

It was a far cry from the PvP experience we've had on this shard thus far.

It appears that the PvPers on this shard have forgotten why they fight, and more importantly, why they play this game. You've become so absorbed in your screenshot threats, your macho posturing, your trash talking, that you've missed the point. It's no wonder that many say the PvP on this shard is still in its infancy.

It's one thing to be tactically sound and to consider your strengths and weaknesses. It is an entirely different thing to let another group dictate what you can and can't do at certain hours of the day. It is an entirely different thing to come out to fight, and then complain about numbers afterwards, and then ~refuse~ to continue fighting.

That's isn't what PvP can be. When your ego and the fear of losing become the main reasons of whether you choose to fight or not, you've limited your own enjoyment of the game.

People talk about our numbers as if it's a bad thing. The simple reason we have so many people who enjoy logging in to fight is because we're a tight-knit group who play the game in a different way. We are victory driven, but we are decidedly not ego-driven. We don't stand around to talk trash, we don't log in with any intention of griefing others. When we die, we go get ressed. Our strength is in our numbers because we treat our members and our enemies alike: not like numbers. With respect.

You win, Origin. You'll find that many LFC (Cartel) will be leaving the shard shortly. With our departure, I fear that this shard will have missed the opportunity to engage us in the same way we have always treated all of you: with respect. I believe you'll also find that this sad state of PvP is the reason the shard is quickly becoming deserted.

We hope that y'all will be pleased to be able to play with yourselves again. We are unsure of what sort of challenge that presents to y'all, or whether you would have wanted a challenge, or hell, even something to do, in the first place. We wish the very best to all of you, and it is our hope that should we meet again, it will be under better circumstances.

Please note that although I have limited my own trash talking to a single instance due to the ideology of my guild, I am not incapable of cutting loose on people like The Rocket in the PvP Smack Thread 3.0. I hope that my point has been made. Don't bother posting trash; most of you aren't even capable enough to truly provoke me or my guild.

See ya on the field,
SK
Cartel

R

Robthemilt

It is too bad that you're leaving.

I think that you have allowed a relatively small sample size to dictate your view and understanding of how the people on this shard operate. If you look back through the previous PVP threads we'll say to when SWAT came, you'll find that a sizeable portion of all of the verbal abuse has come from the people you praised in your post.

Off the top of my head I remember LSN vs FFBZ, SWAT vs FFBZ, and now R vs FFBZ. I Believe FL was posting for a little while and that probably consisted of an LSN, FL, EXE, FFBZ -FFA but honestly i dont really remember. There is a common denominator, FFBZ. And to be fair not even FFBZ as a whole it usually had 1-2 of them. And he knowingly did it just to see who he can stir up.

I did forget about RENT. But if i remember right, they started with FFBZ over a duel. Then R got involved on the boards while Allister fell to his knees.

And as far as LFC in particular goes, im not sure where you get the idea that we're so much worse than you guys. I dont play all the time, but i do remember a few even fights where we beat you. As well as a few where you guys beat us. You've outnumbered us and we've outnumbered you. And in my experience with you there hasnt been a real landslide on the imaginary scoreboard. Aside from the times when R will have our usual 5 people on and supersiren or temptation pops through the gate. But thats not really indicative of anything other than wrong place wrong time. And usually the mindset there is, "we attack...you bring friends" Sometimes you do sometimes you dont.

You should stick around. FFBZ is hopefully going to keep regrowing, R will come back if there is something interesting happening. We're bored with spawning, and cross country running (though we had a fun chase last night). LFC has the numbers to produce battles worth fighting. And like I told you before, the general R attitude towards LFC isnt anywhere near as bad as towards FFBZ, you arent really disrespected as much as you seem to think. R's trash talkers can be counted on one hand, so maybe you're just getting unlucky with who your interacting with.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the intelligent response.

Never once said we're better than you guys. On the field, the victories and losses have been about even. I only pointed out that we at least treat our targets with respect. But for the most part, our past PvP experiences on this shard have been something like this:

1. Beg for a fight, to the point where we invite people to raid us
2. End up with a ****ty fight in Yew
3. Get insulted, disrespected, trash talked

So from our point of view, what are we staying here for? We can't get a fight, and when we do get one, win or lose, we get trash talked. That's why I gave props to FFBz, for god's sake, at least they fight their hearts out.

We've got better things to do with our time, and better places to go. The only thing us staying here is going to do is provide this shard with fights...at zero benefit to ourselves. We figure, if y'all really want to trash talk us that much (and I believe it happens far more than you might know or admit), then our only measure (being that we can't get a fight anyways) is to simply leave.

We don't play this game to be of service to others.

So you've done it to yourselves, really. Everyone wants a fight, but we can't get one, and on top of that, we're not being encouraged to stay. So y'all can have fun playing with yourselves, I guess.

Most of us created characters here and have ****ty equipment and gear, so you'll still see a LFC or two pop up once in a while. But we're pretty much moving on, this shard has been a horrible experience for us with very few redeeming points. We've been basically bored and insulted off the shard, and we see no reason to stick around.

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cya around Fernando Torres was always fun fighting you guys, now the shards going to be that much more boring...

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And the dog walks away with its tail between its legs. Such a tragedy aye?

More free barracoons for me.

:danceb:

E

Eyes of Origin

I ran into Temptation last night and talked with him for a better part of the very late night/early morning. Very nice guy off the field, he said he and a few others will be here still from time to time. I'm glad a few will be sticking around, though, in the long run it would've been nice for the rest to stay as well.
Perhaps the rest will come back, then again maybe they won't.
The shard will definately be more boring without LFC here as a whole.
Either way, goodluck in finding what you are looking for, on which ever shard you end up.

SevenFaith

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What shard will you be xfering to? If it's Atlantic, I need you to bring an item over for me please!

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe for that pair of gloves you've been trying to get there? Are they really that unique that you can't find a replacement?

I'll check with the guys and gals to see if anyone is heading to Atl, but don't get your hopes up too high. I believe most of us are heading to Great Lakes next.

SevenFaith

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's the only pair I could find in luna! They were on a vendor for 499gp so I quickly made a char and bought it with the 1k you start with :D They fit like a dream in to my suit, though :D

I

Intoxication

I am sorry we missed you guys while you were on origin. I think when LSN started on Baja Cartel was where we got most of our fights and where we learned a lot cuz lets face it LSN was very newbie when we started hehe. but we never let that stop us no mater how many times cartel beat the crap out of us we rezed up and jumped right back in for more with a lot of pretty gray robes to show for it in the end. =-P