• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FAO: DEVS re: WINTERMOORE TOWERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Limlight

So its guilty until proven innocent? GTFO of here with that crap. If you dont like the answer you were already given thats a pill you have to deal with trying to swallow...not JC. Slander is not a good aternative for truth.
OMW...for the last time...I didnt dub him guilty until his words and actions proved it.

AGAIN, I ASKED LINK IN A NORMAL MANNER OF THE SITUATION ON THE HOT BOARDS AND HE LIED ABOUT IT.

Since then I have accused him..

He was questioned by me...then he lied...

Get it?

Seriously, some of you people are hilariously clueless.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm, I will admit I have 0 knowledge of the original auction...tell me something...how many around now days would?

Either way, the fake auction was in poor taste with the recent accusations...

and you still havent explained why the Tree Ornament Jewelry has been moved and why the Magical Doors were as well...

Those items are movable...so obviously...you are in-correct that it is all unmovable.

Lastly, am I supposed to just take you and Link's word that those 12+chests of 70+ items were full of crap...junk...utterly useless items...?????
I have no idea, I can't defend him or take his word on anything else as I don't have first hand knowledge of that particular situation. All I know is that the wintermoor collection he was selling is not in his hands.

Anything else in that tower, and how he got the tower, I'm in the dark on. I assumed the magic doors were static like the other major items, if they are not though, then as I said, I'm probably more in the dark than you are on that part.

The Wintermoor collection is still collecting dust on an EA account however, that is what I know for sure, and that is the extent of knowledge I posses.

L

Limlight

I have no idea, I can't defend him or take his word on anything else as I don't have first hand knowledge of that particular situation. All I know is that the wintermoor collection he was selling is not in his hands.

Anything else in that tower, and how he got the tower, I'm in the dark on. I assumed the magic doors were static like the other major items, if they are not though, then as I said, I'm probably more in the dark than you are on that part.

The Wintermoor collection is still collecting dust on an EA account however, that is what I know for sure, and that is the extent of knowledge I posses.
I can easily accept all that.

Just like I could have easily accepted any honest answer Link gave me.

But unfortunetly for him. He started his response with a lie.

A very big Blatant one at that.

He initially claimed they were empty..and I called him on it..since then its been nothing but backpedaling...joke auctions..and dodging.

Link created this mess when he chose to lie when I first questioned him on it.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What in the blazes are you talking about?

Vendetta? What vendetta do I have against Link?

I used to love Link...but this whole situation raised my eyebrows...

Are you not listening?

I was at the IDOCs when they magically changed hands...

I have been in the towers when owned by Eager Meager..and items have been moved...

Lastly, I dont have a freaking clue...thats why I asked questions.
You sir, are completely clueless.

Go to the HOT boards...I posted a question to Link when this happened.
I didnt start attacking him until his response was:

"EA gave me the towers to preserve history...it doesnt matter they were empty anyways"

Then when I pointed out they were indeed NOT empty...he started backpedaling.

You can choose to not sit there and let me attack Link...but I ask you a question...what would I be doing if I didnt ask these questions that arose when I saw something fishy going on?

You can keep calling it a Vendetta or something stupid...but I have never been in HOT...never applied...never even saw Link in fel until a few months ago...so this Vendetta reason is garbage.

Bottom line is...I was at some IDOCS...they changed hands in an odd way.

I asked Link a simple question...
He lied...
I called him on his lie..

Then its been nothing but "jokes" from him.

Yeah, you sit there and defend your "honest" friend.

Let me ask you where in the world you came up with the notion that JC or anyone else was REQUIRED to explain themselves to you? Seems to me All JC did was joke about a subject others got touchy about for not knowing themselves. You also know damn well JC has a very dry sense of humor...and if you dont get his jokes he is not going to go out of his way to help you with the understanding of it.

The answer to this whole situation is that the house was transferred from one account to another....no other explanation need be given beyond that.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Link created this mess when he chose to lie when I first questioned him on it.
Do YOU work for EA games or are you in any affiliation with them? If not what you think doesnt matter, especially on an issue you yourself admit to being completely clueless about. This whole issue came about because of one person got upset over being removed from the HOT guild for misconduct, end of story.

L

Limlight

Let me ask you where in the world you came up with the notion that JC or anyone else was REQUIRED to explain themselves to you? Seems to me All JC did was joke about a subject others got touchy about for not knowing themselves. You also know damn well JC has a very dry sense of humor...and if you dont get his jokes he is not going to go out of his way to help you with the understanding of it.

The answer to this whole situation is that the house was transferred from one account to another....no other explanation need be given beyond that.
You are hopeless...as you dont listen.

I was sitting at these Towers the morning of the IDOC status...they magically changed from Eager Meager to Link...

That is what led to him needing to explain.

If you dont understand how that is fishy...then you are truly hopeless.

L

Limlight

Do YOU work for EA games or are you in any affiliation with them? If not what you think doesnt matter, especially on an issue you yourself admit to being completely clueless about. This whole issue came about because of one person got upset over being removed from the HOT guild for misconduct, end of stor
Wow, you really are clueless. Leave the conversation now.

1. I never said I was clueless about the situation that I brought up...I said I was clueless to the auction held years ago...your reading comprehension is terrible.

2. I BROUGHT UP THIS WHOLE ISSUE...I AM THE ONE WHO TOLD AMANITA...?

Seriously, you sound like a loyal HOT guildmember...just stfu already...you dont know anything.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are hopeless...as you dont listen.

I was sitting at these Towers the morning of the IDOC status...they magically changed from Eager Meager to Link...

That is what led to him needing to explain.

If you dont understand how that is fishy...then you are truly hopeless.

Whats fishy about a house transfer between two accounts?

In response to you saying he lied...do you know the difference between a lie and a joke?

L

Limlight

You cant transfer houses without actually physically transferring the house under the house sign...which never happened. You obviously dont get it.

He admitted that EA gave him the towers...he wasnt joking about anything...he lied by saying they were empty...

Seriously, you werent at the IDOC and you arent Link...so you seriously need to stop posting...you dont know anything of the situation.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, you really are clueless. Leave the conversation now.

1. I never said I was clueless about the situation that I brought up...I said I was clueless to the auction held years ago...your reading comprehension is terrible.

2. I BROUGHT UP THIS WHOLE ISSUE...I AM THE ONE WHO TOLD AMANITA...?

Seriously, you sound like a loyal HOT guildmember...just stfu already...you dont know anything.

Am I pro JC? No, he and I personally do not see eye to eye...but I will defend a person in the right vs. someone else in the wrong.

I mentioned you not having a clue, and even reiterated the fact...so how is it I dont know anything? I talked to JC directly about this and I felt completely fullfilled by the answers given...which means 1) I know something 2) I believed him.

Loyal HOT member? This has nothing to do with that guild...it has to do with JC, can you please keep this type of crap seperate? ...else you are just making another senseless assumption in the form of a personal attack.

L

Limlight

So...

You went to him for answers..but in a previous post told me he doesnt owe anyone answers...

Pot meet keetle...

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cant transfer houses without actually physically transferring the house under the house sign...which never happened. You obviously dont get it.

He admitted that EA gave him the towers...he wasnt joking about anything...he lied by saying they were empty...

Seriously, you werent at the IDOC and you arent Link...so you seriously need to stop posting...you dont know anything of the situation.

Wow, now you are telling me where I have and havent been and what I do and dont know...

How many more "assumptions" are you going to continue to make? If you dont really know do you think you should have made this whole huge stink to begin with? You told Amanita? Good job...I suppose you are aware Amanita has been parading around on chars named after HOT people for the last few weeks correct? You are aware Amanita has been parading around on his "Link" char pretending to be JC correct?

So basically you are responsible for the slander and misrepresentation that has come about because of this.

1) you admit to not knowing the home owner
2) you admit to passing misinformation along to other players
3) you admit to not knowing the transfer situation (you say it didnt happen, therefor admitting to not knowing it was indeed transferred)
4) you admit to passing misinformation along to Amanita...whom then made a "Link" char and represented themselves in-game as JC

Seems to me you have some explaining to do over your own behavior...as not knowing is not grounds for these accuasations and claims, and most definitely not grounds for spreading rumour.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's pretty obvious that this all stinks to high heaven. Yeah, a "joke" auction just as some towers magically transfer. Sure.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So...

You went to him for answers..but in a previous post told me he doesnt owe anyone answers...

Pot meet keetle...
Excuse me, but what does the pot being black have to do with him giving me the simple answers I only had to ask to recieve? I only asked JC after seeing this debacle, the one you helped create after not getting the answers you wanted to hear. Had I not recieved the answers I wanted to hear I would have let the matter rest, out of respect for JC and his privacy. (evidentally you think he owes you an explanation over his own private matter)

S

Sheridan

Folks... seriously. This back and forth petty bickering needs to stop. Take it to PMs, please.

A

AmanitaMuscaria

I find it funny that I'm blamed for doing this out of spite for the person who made these wild claims in the first place, the one who now says it's all just a "practical joke."

Here's the deal: The person indicated on their OWN message boards that they were handed the locations and items by EA. It was written in pretty clear and very SIMPLE language. There were no funny "winking" smileys or anything to indicate it was meant to not be taken seriously. Then said individual makes a fake screen-shot and posts a bogus rares auction to further inflame the situation. Wow!!

I really don't think that the "oh, it's all just a joke" statement wipes the slate clean here...

Was your intention to cause all this drama with the fake posts and website and screenshot, JC? Is this what you wanted?

Funny thing is, this same person posts a thread about how his suspension was wrong and how it was unfortunate that the petition Lou sent to the GMs was a drain on the time and resources of EA and blah, blah. Well, sir, if this was all just a practical joke with the towers, look at how much time you've wasted for everyone involved.

If it was all indeed just a "JOKE" (which I don't think it all is), let it be noted how much drama this has caused -- and try to think next time before you write/post something. If it's meant to be a "joke" give us some indicator of this.

L

Limlight

Excuse me, but what does the pot being black have to do with him giving me the simple answers I only had to ask to recieve? I only asked JC after seeing this debacle, the one you helped create after not getting the answers you wanted to hear. Had I not recieved the answers I wanted to hear I would have let the matter rest, out of respect for JC and his privacy. (evidentally you think he owes you an explanation over his own private matter)
Again, you are clueless...it has everything to do with it.

You said JC owes me no answers and therefore I shouldnt expect any.

Yet, you said you went to him for answers because this sparked your interest...

Hypocrite much?

Second, you seem awfully informed of fake links and such for someone who "doesnt see eye to eye with him"

lol...what a joke...you better leave those to JC since he thinks every cheat/exploit in this game is funny.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, you are clueless...it has everything to do with it.

You said JC owes me no answers and therefore I shouldnt expect any.

Yet, you said you went to him for answers because this sparked your interest...

Hypocrite much?

Second, you seem awfully informed of fake links and such for someone who "doesnt see eye to eye with him"

lol...what a joke...you better leave those to JC since he thinks every cheat/exploit in this game is funny.

Jeeez, hate much?

This thread needs to be either locked or sent to spiels and rants.

KilandraEAMythic

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Everyone!

EA Mythic did not “gift” this particular property to any individual.

The specifics regarding this property are not matters for public record. However, I would like to remind everyone that there are legitimate ways to save IDOC-status houses and transfer them to other players that do not include intervention from GMs.

Take care!

~Kilandra~
EA Mythic
www.uo.com

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
okay Kilandra posted something =)

Now we know there are 3 devs working on UO, at least, from their posting.
Draconi, Kilandra, and Regine =)
Not sure if Jeremy is still around, ahvent heard anything out of her. But good to know we still have 3 devs LOL

:bowdown:

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a responsible community member, I should remind everyone the incident we had where someone registered a fake developer name a couple weeks ago. So until they have the proper title, I wouldn't go by what is posted there.

S

Sheridan

As a responsible community member, I should remind everyone the incident we had where someone registered a fake developer name a couple weeks ago. So until they have the proper title, I wouldn't go by what is posted there.
So you're saying they did in fact gift it to you? If you're going to continue to play coy and mysterious about all this, that's rather silly and is doing nothing but inflaming the posters on these forums. A reminder:

D. Trolling is prohibited. Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).
I understand that a) you are not obligated to explain any of this to anyone and b) that EA/Mythic will likely not discuss this situation publicly. To continue this thread is rather pointless since there will be no resolution from it if you aren't going to be the one providing it, JC... There's no need to drag it out as it's already erupted a number of times into petty arguing and bickering.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And just to clear any confusion up, KilandraEAMythic is the UO Assistant Development Manager for Mythic Entertainment.It has been verified and their profile updated.

Sheridan's lock will stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.