• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

fan dancer, trog farmers gone??

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i havtn seen on origin in a few days?? are other shrads looking same??
miss easy cash from in fel!!!!!!

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On Europa, I see them constantly. Two in the Caves and one in the Dojo...

Although it seems as if they have changed their script in the Dojo. Now they stand in the first room where 2 Fan Dancers spawn.

I try to kill them as often as I can... :thumbup1:

Nylan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are still there on Chessy.
And they have moved up closer to the door with 2 Fan dancers.

And over the weekend they were also in the caves.

I still can't believe that we can't get an end put to this...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Didn't see the one in the Fan Dancer Dojo on Napa when i was running through to gain Honor off of Succubi.

J

Joyous2K

Mount up the vigilante squad and let the lol stories begin.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Like the saying goes: A dead scripter is a good scripter...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh, in case you don't know, luring is completely legal in Fel. So if you don't feel like getting a count, go ahead and lure Lurg on her.

L

LadyArden

Um, so after all these forum topics about the scripters I went there myself. First visit to painted caves so I managed to die once and the "farmer" there walked out, rezzed me, and gave me one heal, and went back inside. Oh, and they replied to my talking to them, I said thanks and they said nps.

Is that even scriptable? Or is there someone sitting there watching, maybe just then?

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um, so after all these forum topics about the scripters I went there myself. First visit to painted caves so I managed to die once and the "farmer" there walked out, rezzed me, and gave me one heal, and went back inside. Oh, and they replied to my talking to them, I said thanks and they said nps.

Is that even scriptable? Or is there someone sitting there watching, maybe just then?
I'm guessing their script just alerts them to people on their screens.

I had not seen them in Fel on sonoma, pac or origin for awhile, but then earlier this week one of them was in Fel on Sonoma. I killed her, then I stayed there working my karma back up, her ghost stood there for a few minutes, then she walked over to me, told me to F--- off, I paged on her and haven't seen her since.

It's completely pathetic that nothing has been done about this, but after all these years I expect nothing less from the UO staff.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All 3 are still on Europa.

I think recently people have stepped up a bit of a campaign and been luring on them so i think whoever is involved (prolly the same person) is sticking by the pc more often nowadays.

However its still disgusting that nothings been done about it. Ive paged everyday on the one in dojo and nada!

I noticed the other post about them has vanished off the board someone been deleting posts??

N

nemo

Yep i was training my girlfriends warrior on Europa yesterday, and they died 4 times while i was there..........not my fault Lurg kept chasing me. I have noticed that if Lurg is in the door way when they come back from the bank they don't go back in

S

spud

I've been killing them regularly in Europa felly all week. Not one count: the trick is to allure a Trog. The scripter won't notice it, attack it and go grey. So you can kill her without a risk of getting any counts.

They're certainly a little more attended these days, I had a brief conversation with one the day before yesterday after I killed it, and if you stand around not attacking them while they script they eventually pop up and echo "?????????" to the screen.

I've wondered whether it would be possible to get these idiots to go red. Get them grey, then let them kill you and give them a count. I guess it depends on whether they'd even notice the murder counts stacking up. I'd love to test it out but I need to over come the indignity of being pk'd by a scripter first :)

A

Ash

I have noticed my beloved painted caves has been free of scripters the last few trips I made there, but then I ran to fan dancer dojo to sacrifice and found one of the caves scripters moved to dojo so now 2 are running in dojo. As others have pointed out they appear to be alot more attended lately as well, which is kind of bad since that makes it even harder for GM's to justify any action.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its because of all teh script vigilanties....They have to be more alert with people luring crap on them.

If your going to report them, just sit there and page continuously(sP?)
The GM's will get the hint and watch..

Bah what am I talking about. These cats go on for days with no worries. We got horrible GMs in this game.

L

Lord Kynd

no, at worse the person might be scripting, who cares, at least they are not afk scripting.

even judging by your screenshot of your alleged scripter, they died sure, but all over the place, i see more than one body, if a scripter the body would prolly always be the same place.

why are some people so eager to point fingers ?

L

Lord Kynd

The scripter in the fan dancer dojo on Catskills is still constantly there. He/she has changed location to the first room. He/she also MAY now be scripting stealing also, since I see the character moving around downstairs sometimes, but I can't say for sure.

i might just have to go and camp a few of these area's so ya'll think i'm scripting. i need a good laugh.

what are these people gathering anyhow ?
gold? with bag of sending change how ?
fame? unlikly

so what are they doing that ruins your game play ... exactly ?
oh you can't kill a few creatures like they are ?

i fail to understand ya'lls points when your complaining about a person 'camping' a spot.

camping is not scripting btw. in case ya'll are confusing the two.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are known scripters have been known for years and for years people have tried to get rid of them.

what are these people gathering anyhow ?
gold? with bag of sending change how ?
They goto the bank every now and again when there full.

so what are they doing that ruins your game play ... exactly ?
More likely than not these scripters are collecting gold to be sold for rl cash. Its just wrong it ruins the game for many myself included.
Ive been playing for many years and it saddens me that all ive collected a new player can come along use his credit card to get whatever he / she wants.

They also clearly have no interest in playing uo they just want to exploit the hell outta it.

I agree with you about the not afk scripting and if we can keep it up so the person is there all the time then i cant moan. its unattended i cant stand. If they have to watch it 24/7 its likely they will move onto something that dosnt require them to watch it like wow.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh great...back to worrying about some stupid asian scripter again? you people really need to worry about yourselves and how YOU effect the game rather than worrying about some stupid bot with no cares about any of us.

Garaba or another mod...please put an end to this crap on the boards...thank you.

and no..I didnt read the thread past the first couple of posts...as its the same crap in a different wrapper.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when i only have a moment to log on i just go to fel painted caves kill the scripter where he promptly goes to tram then i *looks around* lure lurg on him there :) if you don't like it suck it

bioras

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Took me a while. Now I understand why there are ALWAYS 2 chars in fandancer's Sonoma. They always stand in the exact same spot. They are there at 2 PM, 2 AM even 8 AM. I see them recall in and out of the bank in Del.
Should I call a GM? Hahahaha

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
even judging by your screenshot of your alleged scripter, they died sure, but all over the place, i see more than one body, if a scripter the body would prolly always be the same place.
Well, actually there were two of them. It was like a month ago or so so I don´t remember the details exactly.

But it was something like, first Lurg found them, killed one and then the other one made it out and ressed her. (It seems as if they become attended first after one of them dies)
Then they went back in to kill Lurg. You can see Lurg´s body at the entrance. While killing Lurg one of them died (see bottom corpse).

After being ressed the scripts were started all over again and they went back to their spots. What they didn´t know was that one of the trogs had seen them kill Lurg and went and reported that to Lurg´s bigger brother who immediately went down to revenge his brother.

First scripter died on "her" spot (see left corpse) and the second one died while trying to run out (see upper corpse).

Something like that...

Luckily I was in the neighbourhood and were able to grab a nice screenshot.

N

nemo

None on europa today but a tamer got the hump because i could kill trogs faster than his dog so he took to invising me to take me out of war mode.....lol nice try

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None on europa today but a tamer got the hump because i could kill trogs faster than his dog so he took to invising me to take me out of war mode.....lol nice try
Prime example of how these thread wind up effecting the common player out there just looking for some quiet time.

[begin="sarcasm"]
:variables---------rules
1) assumption is *all people are scripters*
2) if scripter = no goto #3 else #1
3) if #1 or #2 = no goto #4
4) greif then goto #!
[end="sarcasm"]

btw nemo...the rules werent directed at you vy any means...I just didnt feel like making another post for it.

A

Ash

Ahh poor scripters are having to be more attended now, and they have such a bad attitude these days..

Just went to the caves to train, so happily moved around killing all the trogs. Scripter got mad because he couldn't just stand still. After 3 minutes of not getting any gold, it moves to secondary spot, after couple more minutes he runs up and tries to lure lurg on me and runs outside. I walk outside and am told 'go die'..

I think someone needs a group hug.. :grouphug:

They get so cranky when they have to pay attention to the screen..