• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fame with Provoke

koris

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been away for a while. I always thought you provoke X to kill Y....when Y dies, you get fame ( assuming nothing else touches Y). This is no longer the case?

All i do all day in UO is provoking reptalons to kill Miasma.
I've killed probably 3000 Miasma so far and I've only gotten a few "you have gained a little fame" messages. 99% of the time i get no fame messages. No one else is touching Miasma except the reptalon i provoke. When i use my tamer (single dragon) to kill, I get all the fame. What's the deal.

Koris

koris

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was hoping there was a special set of rules i missed out on. Like, for a bard to get fame he/she must be within 2 tiles and wear a red shirt or something. Anything.

Herp!

Journeyman
Was hoping there was a special set of rules i missed out on. Like, for a bard to get fame he/she must be within 2 tiles and wear a red shirt or something. Anything.
Sadly this is true for most things. My bard does not gain in Valor when doing spawns while grouped with a Sampire friend. Tamer standing still doing nothing in the same group not even using the GDragon gets valor every kill... and I mean literally doing nothing, sometimes not even standing inside the spawn area. - woops just saw this was a month old post.