• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FairyTales: ? House Deco / Design Contest

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Sometimes from my Phone I need to look who is posting things , but......which reminds me is anyone going to enter the Design & Deco contest I was trying to do? it two style themes to pick from 1) Fairytale Theme Or. 2) Undead / Evil / Halloween theme 5 mil to best of each theme then 50 ml to best over all ( best of them All )

I need runes as entries in DragonStone Castle by Sept 20 , houses must be public , (Possible the Deadline could get extended if enough interest and entries

By fairytale you can go deep into that ( not all Fairytales had happy sweet endings )
Or go Rainbows and Unicorns Basically a House Built and or decorated in your version of a Fairytale Home

I’d like a brief History or Story with the themes but that’s Optional.

OK so by Fairytale it could be like Hanzel and Gretal to the Three Little Pigs, or beyond an established Fairytale one might use the creative part of themselves and have their own Fairytale (remember not all fairytales were nice) it is not something you have to do but just a built home and a story written about it or a kinda verbal guided tour that can be done in-game or written in a gamebook, just a vision of what you think is a fairytale setting (building home garden etc) or go further out and make a video, Then theres a date so was the 2 weeks from initial post I think I had Sept 20 enough time to get things done because the other theme is a Evil kinda thing like Walking Dead or Vampire Diaries or Freddy Krugar kinda theme with such Im willing to extend contest to Halloween if asked, other wise Sept 20 was the Deadline.

If I can get enough to enter stories / videos or books I will add that as a class to the contest as 3) Tell me a Tale

Attachments

Last edited:

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Remember there is an option to go with the house contest: Was to supplement the Theme FairyTale, like if you dont Deco along an established FairyTale = "Write Your Own" so IF you chose to write the story for the Home I will add a 5 mil prize to the best "Story for the House" , Story must be either: 1) Written in a Game Book ...OR... 2) Told in Game the Day of Turning in Runes with a tour ...OR... 3) An Event scheduled with the Story Before Day of Turn in of Runes ...OR... a Video with story ..........So 3 ways the story can be added to your House design.......Get your Houses Added comon Do what you are all Great at

Sept 20th is the Deadline

There is a book locked on steps of DragonStone Castle with runes to the entries if anyone wants to visit them

Last edited:

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hi Jaden. Is there more info somewhere on the contest parameters and dates? Does the house to have to be deco'd to enter? Or can we enter and just have it built by judging time? When is judging? When you say fairy tale, I'm reading it can be anything from any fairy tale as long as it's identifiable? Some of my alliance mates and I are interested if we can get a deco done up in time. :) Thanks!

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
OK so by Fairytale it could be like Hanzel and Gretal to the Three Little Pigs, or beyond an established Fairytale one might use the creative part of themselves and have their own Fairytale (remember not all fairytales were nice) it is not something you have to do but just a built home and a story written about it or a kinda verbal guided tour that can be done in-game or written in a gamebook, just a vision of what you think is a fairytale setting (building home garden etc) or go further out and make a video, Then theres a date so was the 2 weeks from initial post I think I had Sept 20 enough time to get things done because the other theme is a Evil kinda thing like Walking Dead or Vampire Diaries or Freddy Krugar kinda theme with such Im willing to extend contest to Halloween if asked, other wise Sept 20 was the Deadline. Your Version of a Fairytale House/ Cottage and if you think about it we play the game as if we were in a Fairytale so this should be an Easy Theme

Last edited:

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
If I actually get the stories I will post a date for them to be seen so others may attend and hear the story... Id like done in a day or two before the end date so the Judges can be gathered to see them before they judge, which depending on how many we get of that part of this I could just separte the stories from the actual two themes classes, suprise me and we will let that create itself if we get stories and videos and books

The books will be locked down in the Library in DragonStone (I'm remodeling a room on 3rd floor soon because my tiny Library is expanding (mostly game books)

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The Original short story thing didnt get on Stratics because I wasnt sure how people here would take it =\
I thought it was funny in an odd kinda way , like an example you can go Crazy with your story, = (the main 2 judges are Perrin and Judas *they can take it haha*) So it can be found on role play boards

Also Once the Deadline to enter hits all houses entered must be public by then and stay public for a Month (Until Halloween) PLEASE !!! I will Keep a Book of entries on steps of DragonStone or if Perrin says ok also on steps of His Luna House once all runes have been turned in so Dead;ine date Ill Hand Perrin a Book for his Luna House Easy to get to

Last edited:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ugh.... Now I have to go to the Catskills roleplaying forum to read the story behind the contest.

Edit: I like it. Definitely worth a read if you like that sort of thing as much as I do.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Start dropping off runes with your name on it to enter. I dont mean to be discouraging but its pretty discouraging to me that the 6 I asked for to keep the contest going was never met on Labor Day and I extended it thinking there was still interest but No, so if I do not have 6 entered in this contest on Sept 20 Its over = cancelled ?

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Ok so no new entries still so you got till midnight to drop off a rune to enter or the contest is cancelled but for those few who did enter and have patiently waited I will have those few judged as a whole and give out the 5 mil from each theme making it 10 mil to best of the ones who have had their homes entered all along and in the book on the steps if no other people enter but house must be public at midnight and stay public till Halloween on Halloween Ill hand you the gold and announce winner

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I am going to jump straight to the first place Home, great entry

Contest1.png

Last edited:

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The book with Runes to both places is locked on DragonStone Castles porch (brown book) Both places are one those places you need to just be there to appreciate it all. Great Work to those who entered. Please go to Atlantic Forum and look, The Haven In Hell keep is also entered in a contest there go like her entry great Deco, Scarey Sherry *cough* you know who you are! Let the owners see the citizens of Catskills Votes I will lock a ballot box, if you would like to judge for yourself the best of these two, to let your voice be heard, on porch of DragonStone one for each of the 2 Houses Vote for the one you preffer

Last edited: