• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Factions/PvP template help :D

G

Ok, it's years since I PvP'd so I'm considering either messing around with some of my existing chars or making a new one by soulstoning some skillz around and scrolling up
I can't decide what is best when I've not fought in years to know heh.

What's a good beginner template to get going in PvP? Melee, archer, mage?

I could just roll out my main tamer, but I'd like to PvP without the pets. I did when I PvP'd with Ailsa before, but 360 in taming skills isn't leaving much room for a "proper" fighting mage anymore. And I want to fight on my own

Here's what I've got to play around with skill wise on main account. I've got a spare slot or I can change my necro archer about

Necro, spirit speak & med
Archery, tactics, anat & heal
Hide & stealth
And a bit of ninja and spirit speak
I also have my thief but she'll join the fun later.
Alchemy and LJ are way naff I guess, but I have them too.
Obviously taming skills *evil grin*

Second account hasn't a spare slot but I've got two chars that can be remixed:

a bushy pally parry fencer (try saying that when drunk)
a very newbie tamer archer who could be "re-moulded" or deleted and started over lol.
I can pull inscription and magery from a crafter tamer as well. Or I just join up with Molly and pwn with my chef tamer!
And yeah, I have tamer skills here too lol.

So aside from shooting the lot of em and starting over, what do you PvP folks reckon I should try?

I'm not hooked on archers at all, so if one was converted to swords that'd be fine too. Save me a fortune in ammo if nothing else lol.

Wenchy

Y

Yewish News

For a beginner you can't go wrong with a Stealth Archer. You'll be loathed for it of course, but it's a very easy template to cut your teeth with and when you get into the swing of things you can easily switch skills with soul stones.

Y

Yewish News

Take Ninjitsu and as well. Smokebombs will save your ass from Para and Ganks.

G

Ah, yeah missed that off the template... ahem.

Best add smoke bombs to the war supplies then

Wenchy