• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Factions Fix PUB 75 NOT A FIX

Did this Fix Work For You?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

Shinshoba

GREAT JOB OSI ... NOT!!!

THIS SUX !!!

Most of us that had legit points are now rank 2 or lower and cant wear our gear while the mega billion exploiters are still at the top of the scale and fully equipped. Thanks to the fact that MYUO is broke we can not even look up who they are. Funny part is they are not even playing factions, have not touched a sig or defended a base in months. Guess we can go hunt oranges in LUNA...not.

Maybe point decay will fix this in six months or so unless they figure out another exploit to keep them. In the mean time the rank and file will have no equipment and anyone new to factions is just plain out of luck!

We where struggling to revive factions on Great Lakes but I think you just killed it...

Thanks OSI

Zip_81

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go figure, how is it possible that a member of the same faction who has 7 points is rank 10, and i have 8 points after the scale and i am rank 6? WTF????

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As mentioned, it is not wiping points or scaled down points problem.

The main issues is with the new "Ranking Brankets" idea they have implemented, which I have ALWAYS been saying over and over again but no one really seems to understand at all...

My goodness...

The Ranking Branket of 0 point not counting towards the faction ranking calculation is the MOST STUPID IDEA ever implemented and will be killing factions sooner or later.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol wonder where all the points are on GL, i have 99 points but its only rank 5. Wasn't wearing any faction artifacts though :)

H

Harloff

After pvm for 10+ yrs I made a faction char to test the waters of pvp, After 3 months of stealing kills where I could and dying tons of times, I could wear faction gear, well my faction char (1yr old ) was a rank 10 with 28m in points, is now rank 5 with 67 points, so I can't wear my mace & sheilds. Looks like I need to imbul (yaa) some head gear

another fine job OSI keep up the good work

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a fix?

I thought its a bomb that further destruct the system?

The system was still ok before Pub 75, now it seems it totally screwed up? This called a fix?

HUH?

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Voted yes... they did exactly what they said they would do. Whip out the points and reset the system. The faction point vs rank system was broken from the introduction of factions. The original **** still worked a hell of a lot better then the travisty that we been using since the introducing of faction artifacts.

How could it possible get worse? Nobody gives two ****s about how many faction points, what rank you are, or who is working the sigils. As long as your pathetic asses can wear your artifacts who gives a ****.

It isn't like they are trying to fix something that isn't broken... Factions is extremely ****ed up. Sad as **** but the faction system actually worked better 10 years ago then it does today

Honestly a couple years ago I bitched and moaned about the faction update proposal on test center... Now i'm kick'n my own ass cause I think I passed up on the one chance to see factions get some attention more then once every five years.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Voted yes... they did exactly what they said they would do. Whip out the points and reset the system. The faction point vs rank system was broken from the introduction of factions. The original **** still worked a hell of a lot better then the travisty that we been using since the introducing of faction artifacts.

How could it possible get worse? Nobody gives two ****s about how many faction points, what rank you are, or who is working the sigils. As long as your pathetic asses can wear your artifacts who gives a ****.

It isn't like they are trying to fix something that isn't broken... Factions is extremely ****ed up. Sad as **** but the faction system actually worked better 10 years ago then it does today

Honestly a couple years ago I bitched and moaned about the faction update proposal on test center... Now i'm kick'n my own ass cause I think I passed up on the one chance to see factions get some attention more then once every five years.
Cadderly, if UO one day said, the following:-

1. Faction artifacts rank requirement removed (so meaning anyone who join faction can purchase all they want).

2. Factioners who die in Trammel ruleset by monsters/npcs will incur a 30 mins stat loss

3. Factioners upon entering certain area in Trammel will have auto unequip of faction artifacts

4. Factioners upon etnering Trammel ruleset, the artifacts bonus will disappear until he re-enter Felucca ruleset again.

Please answer your opinion on this.

S

Shinshoba

1. Faction artifacts rank requirement removed (so meaning anyone who join faction can purchase all they want).

2. Factioners who die in Trammel ruleset by monsters/npcs will incur a 30 mins stat loss

3. Factioners upon entering certain area in Trammel will have auto unequip of faction artifacts

4. Factioners upon etnering Trammel ruleset, the artifacts bonus will disappear until he re-enter Felucca ruleset again.

How bout we just change #2 to read:
Factioners who die in Trammel by monsters/npcs while wearing faction artifacts will incur a 60 mins stat loss.

Then delete #3 and 4.

If you want to pvm take the faction stuff off lol

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also voted Yes. The question was "Did this fix work for you?", and for me it did. Points were rediculous, so I am content that currently they are not as inflated. Now for transparencies sake I only play on 1 shard and don't use faction artifacts even though I have the option. I am fully aware the patch has hampered more than a few peoples play experience, and can't fault them for being frustrated. I would be ok with almost any change that gets more people playing, except anything to do with stat loss...

B

Balalaika

it dropped 1 point per day even my faction char are under 5 points. i can't imagine what will happen once i got any few days trip on work.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it dropped 1 point per day even my faction char are under 5 points. i can't imagine what will happen once i got any few days trip on work.
one of my chars got 7 points on the first day

2nd day it was down to 5 points

3rd day it was down to 4 points

So I think the decay rate is not like what they said.

They messed up the system totally.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i went from 32 million and change in points, to 87 on day 1.
day 2 i was at 63.

so either they are using that new math or im totally lost.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i went from 32 million and change in points, to 87 on day 1.
day 2 i was at 63.

so either they are using that new math or im totally lost.
Hi Poo, the decay is not what they mentioned 1% on a scaling chance (when your point is near "0" the decay rate will have a lower chance to kicks in). This is utterly bullcrap, many of my chars in day 1 had "1" point, and the 2nd day it all gone poof to "0"

Moreover, 1 of my 30 chars had "7" points and is under Rank 8 on the first day
2nd day down to "5" points and Rank 7
3rd day down to "4" points and Rank 7
4th day up to "8" points and Rank 5

This is totally screwed up. And the fact is that all the fightings I've been in and i get the 3/5 or 6 last kills (yes its really dead in factions post Pub 75) and no one corrupted sigils, howcome my ranks will drop when my points increased?

So meaning there are people abusing the system again.?

MY GOD... DEV Bleak, please come and check out whats' wrong with the Pub 75. It's giving hell to the majority. CHANGE BACK THE RANK REQUIREMENT CALCULATION for short term and revamp faction for the long term.

Geez... dun understand what u guys are waiting for. Its like there is still millions of people playing in each faction in you guys mind??

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

5. faction players can not be healed or rez'd by none faction players in tram or fel. (explanation below)

After viewing the faction threads you are a persistant stratics poster and obvisuouly care about factions. None of your options agreed with my own. I hate posting but I gotta complain now and agian. I'm a avid drunk'n ranter

The faction system was solid it just needs updated. Factions was created with a dev crew that was affiliated with pvp. They created a tool/game for players to be able to organize battles. a system with checks and balances, rewards and losses. Everything is still there for the current dev crew to work with. Best part of all it didn't matter if you was good at pvp or not you could still make a difference and influence the chess game arround you. A majority of pvm players will not step foot in fel because they feel like there is no point in a pvp experiance because they are dead on arrival. Give them the option for being able to partipate in group pvp with the addition for them to be able to pvm better then the other none faction pver's.

Who cares what faction players do in trammel... Give them a bonus for being in factions, don't take away from them. If they want the best gear make them fight for it.

Memmory lane:

My introduction to faction was selling horses at WBB for a 100 gp's each and looking across at those intemidating faction players. Color coordinated, big ass mounts, sweet gear, all tuff as **** looking.. yah i wanted to be one of those guys. Looking back I was faction foddler but it was exciting as hell. Reading that faction command in comments to come meet up...Watching 50 plus miscellinous faction players meet up for a single purpose. Didn't matter who you was affiliated with or if you was a pvmer or a hard core pvp'er. there was that electricity of excitement of the battle to come. Each person had a stake in the game... it was time to fight.

Want to see factions explode agian make it the most influential aspect of fel and tram... Look how important power scrolls from champion spawn was to both aspects of game. Benefit both tram players and fel players and let pvp remains the purpose. You can do both of these rebuilding factions to the basics.

Most generic of ideas:

Faction blacksmiths, tailors, tinkers

Back in the day was used to make faction blessed gear and it was a wee bit better. Being in factions and creating armor was a little better then none faction blacksmiths, tailors, and tinkers. Bring this back and expand... Let a faction grunt make blessed armor pieces along with higher resists then normal. The items can still be imbued. The pvmer that wants to wear them sure can... either kill ppl or kill faction monsters for silver to reinvest in city silver..help keep the cost of faction vendors and guards managable and give reason for opposite factions to keep cities under watch.

*important*

Finance Minister: Back then they helped controll the main resources of the game. regeants, ingots, bottles. Not so important anymore.. easy as heck to replenish spell components when you put on a lrc suit. Give them something important to sell.... imbueing ingrediants (gold sink). It already set up just expand on them. Give the FI minister the options to sell to public or just faction charicters. Only let a few npc imbueing venders on and make them expensive. Same as regular faction vendors they are slow to update. start at a couple ingrediants and they don't increase quantity for a extened period of time. let the fi minister place a imbuing forge in a won faction city to imbue items. just another reason for those oj's to watch cities

Faction artifacts: Keep them rank based, make them better. Give faction players awards without completely seperating them mod wise from everybody else. Those few that make it to rank ten deserve to have something special.

btw i hate you all

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate to say but I think this is all a lost cause. I can't think of a time in the last five years that the team has managed to pull of a correction, let alone on something they clearly have no understanding of. My 6 faction guys on Napa are reduced to one who still can't rank 9 after trying for a few days. The only option seems to be stealing and holding sigs, which is as fun as stabbing my eye.

Every other shard I had a char on is now dusted and not to be reopened. No more shall we see those multi shard players whom really gave factions a good time.