• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Factions 2008 wish list!

G

It is a brand new year. Let's start a new list.

There have been a couple of nice improvements recently. No characters less than 30 days old can join factions. That is huge.

G

I and many others would like to see faction orange override the red of the "murderers".

R

Rex Mundi

Some stuff i have been hoping for a long time

1. Bugs Fixed
2. New Content for Factions

P

Patheos

1. Make "no blue access" 3 screens square around all bases. (including water)
1a. OR, make all players who enter areas around bases fully attackable with no penalty.
2. Reduce the amount of guards allowed on a per day/per session basis.
3. Fix all walls, ceilings, and floors in all bases so they cannot be teleported through. (fix tha damn z-axis bug geezus people!)
4. Put the doors back in Lord Britsh's Castle on the shards where they are missing!
5. Clean up Magencia make guard zone again. Damn kids need to clean up their messes.
6. Make reds who join factions appear orange to opposing factions.

I

imported_Irish Rage

Make a faction shard with no item insurance and no item based pvp!

Won't happen I'm sure but I can dream can't I =)

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Mind if I join you in your dream?

I'd also like to see these things:

*BUGS FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Faction vendors only useable by the faction that controls the town.
*Sigil corruption timer increased to 18 hours.
*Faction vendors passable by faction guards. (Eliminates Turreting).
*Faction specific craftable "artifacts" competitive with modern day PvP.
*Extend the SL faction base througout the Yew crypts. (Relocate the chest spawns outside of the Crypts).
*Extend the Minax base to (at minimum) the entry to the path.
*House placement should not be permitted within 2 screens of a faction base.
*Faction specific wardrobes.
*Give the faction orange hue precedence over the murderer hue to faction opponents.

Will update as I think of them...

I

imported_Cardell

1. More varieties of vendors,as of right now we have lumber, ore, bottles, regs and horses. There should be necro reg vendors at least!
2. Implement rules that prevent Financial ministers from placing vendors on adjacent squares. This will prevent people from turreting guards.
3. Make it so guards cannot be placed on top of each other.
4. Make it so traps cannot be placed directly next to each other. This will prevent people from loading up entrances of COM and TB bases with explosion traps.
5. Faction armor set that is craftable and very good.
6. Make faction silver useful for non faction things. Crafting.. quests.. what ever.
7. Make different sigils corrupt and purify on different times. i.e. Brit should take 12 hours to corrupt, minoc only 6. Then the faction that held Brit would own it for 3 days, while minoc would only be held for a day and a half. This would make it so different factions could control different towns at the same time. Currently, one faction will either own all 8 towns or none.
8. Point system should be tweaked. Anyone with negative points should regenerate those points back up to zero only. This would put more points into the system allowing more of a variety of scores. If you look at the point system on most shards, more points are lost through decay than gained through pvp. This is just the case due to lack of consistant pvp.
9. Factioneers should not be able to go to trammel ever. and opposing factions should be able to fight each other in all other facets. i.e. ishnear and malas.
10. Stat loss should be lowered to between 5 - 15 minutes. There should also be a potion that alchemists can make (with expensive ingredients) to remove or lessen stat loss affects from people.
11. Players should not be able to log out in opposing faction bases.
12. NPCs should not be able to be lored onto the bridge of TB castle so reds that are trying to raid get guard wacked.
13. Faction horses should absorb damage, similar to what swampies did.
14. ALL GMS OF ALL SHARDS SHOULD BE ON THE SAME DAMN PAGE AS TO WHAT THE RULES OF THE FACTIONS ARE. I've played factions on 7 different shards ever since the first day of factions and I have seen so many situations handled differently on different shards. (Blocking, vendors, etc.)

ugh so many more..

L

lynxofeuropa08

most of the above

id come back to uo for factions alone

G

Ok here is my wishlist

1 Thieves gets silver for stealing segile and bring them home to their own HQ
2 More stuff to sell on faction vendors
3 faction unic artifacts. Can only be bought in fragments and each town sells its own fragment. Only town owners can bye.
4 all faction items can be stolen (not armor or weaponds faction made)
5 To be able to sell items in towns faction holder must send a npc caravan to the town. This means it can be abuched and robed.and ofcours it must be guarded.
6 If some places a segil in town and in next 1 min kills some whit their own guards the placer shal get point and silver.

I

imported_Girana

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Pub16 Shard !

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remove the debris in mag. Mag would be the sickest place to fight for factions if there wasn't terrible lag from debris. Plz remove that #$@%.

W

wee papa smurf

A thought that i've had for a while is this -- Make it so that when you're holding a sigil you cant go in a house, it makes you flagged kinda, you already cant teleport or recall so it shouldnt be that hard to do!

:thumbsup:

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A thought that i've had for a while is this -- Make it so that when you're holding a sigil you cant go in a house, it makes you flagged kinda, you already cant teleport or recall so it shouldnt be that hard to do!

:thumbsup:
I'd be so down for this. Anything to get people out of there houses.

Also, another thought,,, those NPCs in TB base.. I don't think they need to be there, most of the time they just mess everyone up and I'm pretty sure they server no purpose. It would help reduce lag.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YOU obviously do not spend much time stealthing around the TB base while people look for you and use the NPC's opening the doors as good escape routes! Okay, okay ... I guess you are right, but still!

S

Sid Vacuous

I'm fairly inexperienced at factions, but I'd say lower the skill loss timer from twenty to ten minutes.

Pretty please Devs.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The skill loss timer is the one thing that actually gives factions a purpose. With insurance, PvP'ing outside of factions is completely pointless.

P

Paradox_

The skill loss timer is the one thing that actually gives factions a purpose. With insurance, PvP'ing outside of factions is completely pointless.
No way - love being on my red and attacking whoever I wish.

An item to remove skill loss is a possible solution - maybe purchase at the faction vendor along with the arties? And cost something like 500 silver?

Dont see why that couldnt work.

B

Bama

1. timers on sigils, for corruption, for resetting, for purification
2. if holding sigil, NO HOUSE ENTRY
3. resetting the sigil only starts if you place it on YOUR post for the 15 min, no the house hide and hide in woods crap we havee now
4 stat loss decreased to 10 min, but while in stat loss you are useless drop it 40% skill and Do not allow any specials to b performed. Some template are still viable in stat loss ARCHERS, mages with jewelry, other l;ike tamers adn thieves, stealther are useless
5 stat loss does not occur i any blue NON faction charecter gets 20% damage on you. Im really tired of blues joining fight to beat you down then faction cowards take las shot.

M

mutau

I'll add as well,

1. Non-faction players (red or blue) should be able to get guardwhacked in towns if they are killing faction guards by saying "Guards".

2. Opposing factions shouldn't be able to roam in their enemy's strongholds as ghosts. If they step into a stronghold DEAD, they should be teleported to a shrine .

3. All strongholds and the entrances leading to it (bridges) should be areas that necro mages be able to exorcise ghosts in.

*4. Unable to log onto a char that is logged out within an opposing factions walls. The char will be bounced out to the nearest shrine or town, the same process as logging into a Champ area.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is my input... Not really a list but a few suggestions!!

- Faction Stat Timer

- Faction guilds cannot ally non-faction guilds ( bug fix )

Will add to this post.

U

UltimateNoob

I'll add as well,

1. Non-faction players (red or blue) should be able to get guardwhacked in towns if they are killing faction guards by saying "Guards".

Or at least the other faction guards should auto-attack the player who is attacking their fellow guard.

U

UltimateNoob

Factions 2009 wish list

1. Fix the sheriff commands. The ignore [faction] command and attack [faction] commands don't seem to be operative. The "follow" command doesn't work that well for faction guards either... the guards seem to either cluster around the sheriff restricting mobility and/or bounce back to their starting location.

2. Change the movement of the npc faction guards so that they stay in formation and aren't so easy to lure off and kill individually.

3. Allow a few npc guards inside the faction bases.

4. Add a function for the Commanding Lord to view a list of town sheriffs/finance ministers from the faction stone.

5. Make it possible for town finance ministers to transfer silver from the town to the faction, and for Commanding Lords to transfer silver from the Vault to the faction.

6. Add some faction artifacts that gargoyles can wear.

7. Bonus points for killing people who hold faction offices.