• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Un-Fixes?? Pub 53 probs??

S

SilentFoxXy

Hiya me again,

Ive been in my faction, True Brits, for 18 mths. Ive stolen, corrupted, returned, taken cities over 15 times each, Ive had TB the proud ruler of all cities on 10 different time periods. I have 7pks, Shad lords and COM (Not a lot, but better than ZERO??). I have over 10,000 Faction Allied Kills.

I am PROUD to be Sentinel, Level 5, where I have been since day 1

How, and WHY does a newbie, who does nothing more than click the stone, (and is amazed to find himself Commander) suddenly get to be Commander.

1:) Faction Rank is seriously, seriously BROKEN

2:) New Publish ensures 1 guy with 5 accounts can sign up 35 faction members, and vote for himself -(Dont quote me, just an 'example' )

He can then cut my throat, 100% faction Tithe, 300% faction vendor mark up, and is totally uncontactable.

I thought they were 'Fixing' Factions, Ranks (How on earth does a non worker/fighter, crafter/thief get to be level 11 and eligable for election after 24 hrs, whilst Im stuck at level 5???)

I thought they were fixing factions- Crafting

I thought they were fixing factions- Load Balancing....

ArrgggH

CatT

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the 'focus group' is spending a lot of time on factions.

I would'nt count on more than a few real pvpers in thier focus group either. Look at all the random idiotic self centered complaints, ideas, and crying on the stratics forums, and imagine people like that directly communicating with dev team members and direct staff. I'm not looking forward to any of thier 'bright ideas'.

But hey, there is always a chance for surprisal, maybe we shall get a deliverance of it. :)

G

galefan2004

I don't understand factions. They currently seem to be a huge waste of time to me. Its a lot of work and zero reward. I'm not saying they don't deserve to be worked on, but part of that work could be giving someone like me (who doesn't do anything in game unless I'm getting something back from it) a reason to do factions.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2:) New Publish ensures 1 guy with 5 accounts can sign up 35 faction members, and vote for himself -(Dont quote me, just an 'example' )
It is only one vote per account. Nothing has changed in with voting. If you had 5 accounts prior to the changes you could still vote 5 times.

S

SilentFoxXy

It is only one vote per account. Nothing has changed in with voting. If you had 5 accounts prior to the changes you could still vote 5 times.
Thanks JC, didnt realise , withdraw that part of the argument.

But still unsure as to why a new player, 1 or 2 days into faction life suddenly finds himself at level 10 and eligable to start a vote stream, and get himself elected, when some of us have been in for l18mths, pks, steals, faction work, craft, donating etc, stuck at level 5. Every one of my Faction characters is stuck at Sentinel lvl 5.

Glad to hear the Focus group (Little news dripped out, in that several are simply well known shop keepers, who have no clue as to what a event is let alone how to take part, and , lord forbid, they wouldnt dare step foot in fel, you die there right??)

Oh why didnt they invite folk who play 14/7/365, do PvM for 3 hrs daily, TRY PvP for 3 hrs but when NEW Commander has set 100% tithe, and bumped up the reag prices 300%, whats it all for?? Surely Focus = folks who PLAY the game from the roots up, not just well known for posting dinge on forums advertising their vendor malls.

Hell I cant even craft myself a nice top, even if faction craft was fixed, I couldnt earn any gold....

F

Fayled Dhreams

Glad to hear the Focus group (Little news dripped out, in that several are simply well known shop keepers, who have no clue as to what a event is let alone how to take part, and , lord forbid, they wouldnt dare step foot in fel, you die there right??)

Oh why didnt they invite folk who play 14/7/365, do PvM for 3 hrs daily, TRY PvP for 3 hrs but ...
Whoa! .... it WAS open invitation ...
May 12 ... first come first screened ...

maybe, maybe not a "second recruitment" ... BUT ... using a stratics supplied smiley :
" ....(Little news dripped out, in that several are simply well known shop keepers, ....":bs:
From the link:
Please keep in mind that being in this focus group means that you will see spoilers about the event content, and being a part of it means you are willing to agree to keep those spoilers to yourself.

Plainly: IF you heard a "drip" REPORT IT >HERE<

sheesh !

S

SilentFoxXy

Its purely sour grapes on my part hun, my apologies.

I applied several times, I read Herald and Stratics forums 3 or 4 times every day, I applied at the first chance I had, and then reapplied when we were advised it may help.

As I have 4 accounts, I applied on behalf of each account, mentioning what each account does, how long each play etc.

Sour grapes in that I am one of the grinders, I keep saying this, but I do play 14 hrs a day, personally, no bots, no script, no help, just me grinding. I do 'Do' every event, I play them solidly every hour I can keep my eyes open. I do post , a fair bit. I do have views, Im lsowly getting known on my own shard, I do go to every dungeon, I do play fell, I do play faction, for the last 18 mths, I do have vendors, and 4 houses, and 22 maxed characters , I do spend 3 hrs a day crafting, etc etc etc , I do have ideas etc,and again, I play and play and play.

The little news dripped is a few dropped comments from folk kinda dropping 'hints' that they, or 'so and so' is involved, and the comments that follow on from that.

Anyway, rumours make the dreams grow stronger, and a whisper speaks louder than a scream.....

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have a similar problem with Minax's faction on LS. No commanding lord, tithing stuck at 100%, and none of the people in my guild have a high enough rank to get elected. No one to fight to get a better rank, completely random who got what rank when joined (had some 1, 2, and 4 on my guild characters alone). We joined up for rp reasons (to be able to fight someone in True Brits), but we may need to switch to a different faction since we can't really do anything. If we take a town, we can't set a sheriff or treasurer. We can't earn silver for faction crafting. Terribly problematic.

W

wrekognize

factions still need a lot of work. I was disappointed with a lot during my last 2 months of involvement with it. Two main things discourage me from having my characters in factions. 1. When I go to trammel and fight with friends who are not in factions, they can't heal or res me. 2. I hate the 20 minute timers on stat loss. If you die three times in a night, you're sitting for an hour doing absolutely nothing!.

M

Mulch

Maybe an AOS feature that when you join the random number generator sets your rank. Most things are determined by it so maybe they decided these things should be decided by the RNG too?
:mf_prop:

S

SilentFoxXy

Just out of interest:-

My Status on Sigil Stone in Brit Castle reads thus:-

Points (Kill) 11
Rank 1

On my Crafter:-

Points 0
Rank 5

On my Stealth/Thief who has stolen sigils etc:-

Points 0
Rank 5

On my other warrior:-

Points 7
Rank 5

What SHOULD I be with 11 kills ....???:)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FoxXy, the answer to your question should depend on which other characters in the faction have kill points or deficit points, how recently they logged in, and how recently you logged on your characters. Even though documentation on factions suggests that characters with fewer than 10 kill points don't lose points daily to atrophy, this does not seem to be true.

Have you looked at the www.uo.com faction pages to see who else in your faction on your shard currently has kill points?