• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Points Being Wiped

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All that link shows me is that you're probably one of those who abused the system or killed someone who did. Thanks for that :thumbdown:.
As I said before, maintaining points is easier now at a 1% decay rate. You're more worried about who can wear faction gear.

Besides that, why would you quit, the abuse of the system on that shard (maybe not you specifically) put you on top. Why are you complaining?

The system is still botched because they did not get rid of all the points. So those on top remained on top.

I'm not sure if they adjusted the points differently but if my 32 million went to 75 points, then someone with 320 million has 750 points. Take this into consideration when people like you are sitting with a few billion. You're then looking at a difference of hundreds or thousands of points from the "start".

Faction arties aside, is factions going to increase because of the patch? No. It's not enticing for new faction players to join when they have to compete for something that is extremely lopsided from the beginning.

I imagine they only scaled them down instead of setting to 0 because of people like yourself complaining about their characters not being able to wear faction arties if points were wiped.

Thanks again for that.:twak:

As far as your point about losing rank if they go on vacation, if factions becomes that competitive again to worry about this, then it is excellent. And the devs have done their job.

However, if you really played factions for factions, then you'd not give a damn about faction arties.

And to think all of us that pvped before faction gear. How did we ever survive? /sarcasm

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All that link shows me is that you're probably one of those who abused the system or killed someone who did. Thanks for that :thumbdown:.
As I said before, maintaining points is easier now at a 1% decay rate. You're more worried about who can wear faction gear.

Besides that, why would you quit, the abuse of the system on that shard (maybe not you specifically) put you on top. Why are you complaining?

The system is still botched because they did not get rid of all the points. So those on top remained on top.

I'm not sure if they adjusted the points differently but if my 32 million went to 75 points, then someone with 320 million has 750 points. Take this into consideration when people like you are sitting with a few billion. You're then looking at a difference of hundreds or thousands of points from the "start".

Faction arties aside, is factions going to increase because of the patch? No. It's not enticing for new faction players to join when they have to compete for something that is extremely lopsided from the beginning.

I imagine they only scaled them down instead of setting to 0 because of people like yourself complaining about their characters not being able to wear faction arties if points were wiped.

Thanks again for that.:twak:

As far as your point about losing rank if they go on vacation, if factions becomes that competitive again to worry about this, then it is excellent. And the devs have done their job.

However, if you really played factions for factions, then you'd not give a damn about faction arties.

And to think all of us that pvped before faction gear. How did we ever survive? /sarcasm
Before anything else, don't try to always think you know someone BETTER than himself.

This is what happened yesterday. I am fighting blues and not factioners anymore.

Nice patch huh?

Honestly, I am not the person who have abused the system. I am the person who killed peeps that abused the system. But the main point is, I FIGHT AND KILL and i been over the cap for 10+ times.

Do you know the cap of kill points in UO? LOL What will happen after you reach the cap? Professor, try to answer this?

And you dont even have idea on how they converted points.

You have 32 million pts, and its down to 75 points.

Then you assume 320 million pts = down to 750 points.

Your assumption again is "wrong".

320 mil = down to max of 100 points or so. That's the answer I can give you.

I had char with 2100 mill pts - 200 or so
1200 mil points - 187
800 mil points - 165 Rank 7

Again, here's a photo from last night. Main point is where are the factioners?

after pub 75 4.JPG

You mean DEV have make it purpose to make faction participations increase after this patch?

I am lost on your point sire.

Moreover, there are 100 of questions which you haven't answered me, and I hope you answer it here now:-

1. All people wearing the same / similar artifacts is fair or not?
2. Pub 75 is improving faction participations or decline?

Come ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Answer and not talk crap about others... my god.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your lack of reading comprehension is astounding.
Ok, I just simply asked you 2 questions and your lack of knowledge to answer but talking crap on about my reading comprehension..

Pathetic, is all I could give to you.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I already have, this is where your lack of reading comprehesion took place.
Well, I ask you 1 question with 2 options.

Then you answer something else.

Its either

1. increase
2. decline

So you said its not increase, so meaning you choose Pub 75 is declining the current faction participation.

Correct?

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will factions get more activities after this PUB 75? :)
This was the initial question that you asked, in to which i replied.

Let's be clear about that, since it seems I'm spending more time keeping you in line with what you are posting than I am answering.

Is factions going to decline because of the patch? I'm not sure but its more likely to decline than increase. Though this has been the case long before the patch.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was the initial question that you asked, in to which i replied.

Let's be clear about that, since it seems I'm spending more time keeping you in line with what you are posting than I am answering.

Is factions going to decline because of the patch? I'm not sure but its more likely to decline than increase. Though this has been the case long before the patch.

1. Faction pre pub75 = 100 players
2. Faction post pub 75 = how many players?

Since you said decline, so meaning it will be less than 100 players right?

Since it will be less than 100 players, is Pub 75 good fix or destroying faction?

So your words have supported that their approach on Pub 75 is wrong and the changes should be changed back which then agree to all of what I've said,"Pub 75 is destroying factions." Thank you.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How would I know how many players are on each shard?

It's likely to decline no matter how many players there are. I'm not sure why this is difficult for you.

S

Shinshoba

I think one thing that is going to drive players away is so far the decay is not making since. I lost only one point today 114 to 113 but a guild mate lost 3... 55 to 52! Now that makes no sense and to add insult to injury that dropped him a rank and he lost two more faction items.

One sure way to loose people is a confusing system.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I think one thing that is going to drive players away is so far the decay is not making since. I lost only one point today 114 to 113 but a guild mate lost 3... 55 to 52! Now that makes no sense and to add insult to injury that dropped him a rank and he lost two more faction items.

I had 12 yesterday and 3 today.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You didn't know Pub 75 that DEV implemented on faction is basically crap? Maybe can't even compare with rubbish HEHE :) rubbish would have smell better than this lol.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I had 12 yesterday and 3 today.
Yeah, mine keep dropping. I moved right after the patch, took about a week not playing, all my players are in the dirt faction wise. I only have 1 whole can even wear the faction crimmy. And, oh yeah, it seems the biggest faction guild on Chessy decided to quit factions because of this (or maybe something else, I dunno, just a rumor i heard). I'm with Lynk from way up above... this is getting crazy and not really worth faction gear at all. But then, I'm a poor player who likes to play but doesn't have a lot of time and in NO WAY can I come close to fielding multiple sets of functional PvP armor without some faction items. Sorry, but it seems as though the publish is killing not only factions, but pvp as well.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, mine keep dropping. I moved right after the patch, took about a week not playing, all my players are in the dirt faction wise. I only have 1 whole can even wear the faction crimmy. And, oh yeah, it seems the biggest faction guild on Chessy decided to quit factions because of this (or maybe something else, I dunno, just a rumor i heard). I'm with Lynk from way up above... this is getting crazy and not really worth faction gear at all. But then, I'm a poor player who likes to play but doesn't have a lot of time and in NO WAY can I come close to fielding multiple sets of functional PvP armor without some faction items. Sorry, but it seems as though the publish is killing not only factions, but pvp as well.
Everything have ended up in my predictions:-

Back in Feb, you guys should view my posts there, I have predicted all that will be happening after this patch comes in.

MOSMOS

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agreed with slayer8888...:D

U see.. every 3 days to capture all sigils for 70 pts.. each day in faction system for single won faction lost 1 pt of each char, how many max. faction player can support for those 70 pts if no bugged point lost?
70 pts / 3 days = 23.33 players only for average to maintain same point or just keep 1 pt for faction horse rider.

Honestly, this patch of faction is real bad. Do UO Dev.. think only 24 players in each server to play faction? or the faction armor and items are all useless?

Mos

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agreed with slayer8888...:D

U see.. every 3 days to capture all sigils for 70 pts.. each day in faction system for single won faction lost 1 pt of each char, how many max. faction player can support for those 70 pts if no bugged point lost?
70 pts / 3 days = 23.33 players only for average to maintain same point or just keep 1 pt for faction horse rider.

Honestly, this patch of faction is real bad. Do UO Dev.. think only 24 players in each server to play faction? or the faction armor and items are all useless?

Mos
Sorry Mos, you can't every 3 days capture the sigils for 70 points. There are always thieves steal around back and forth which totally delay this process until 1 side decided to guard it and pray that they can success, if fail, the resetting process again exist.

So its more like max. of 1-2 weeks per 70 points for 1 faction to supply *** numbers of players in there... with each player having a decay point rate of 1 every single day. LOL

DEVs have idea on making factions? LOL, like I said, its better to hire me as the factions developer. I guarantee everyone will have a happy faction life.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So last night Chessy had some real good faction pvp going on... buuuut, once the original fight ended after 2 hours or so, the losers (unfortunately we were one of them) sat and tried to switch to other chars to fight again, but that was impossible. I had many people in my guild scrambling to try to suit up for another fight, but that wound up taking longer than stat. In the end, the other two factions had left and, well, most of our guild did as well out of frustration. Why oh why????

Was this publish meant to intentionally destroy pvp? Chessy was doing so well before the publish. Best stuff I had seen in about forever!

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Also also.... One of my guildies yesterday had two players RIGHT after the point info updated. One guy was lvl 10, and another guy with more points was lvl 9. How does this happen? I thought the publish was supposed to fix those types of irregularities. I guess not.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should of just wiped all points and left the ranking alone. This issue should of been addressed years ago, when people were exploiting the point systems, but it wasn't and so now we are stuck with a crappy system that is unbalanced more then ever.

Factions were already dead on Great Lakes before this change other then Yew gate and I am wondering if it will ever recover.
:sad3:

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate to revive a dead thread, but this is what was linked when I was trying to find out why factions on my dead shard totally screws my guild. This publish is horrible. There is not 20 players on my server that have 1 point or more in my faction. In fact there are maybe 20 total active factioners total on my server. 8-10 points which on server with hardly any players, is a big deal, and it doesnt even earn rank 2.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I checked yesterday, my thief on Origin still had 55 points and was Knight of the Codex. It's been a month or so, I think, since she last stole sigils. She's a thief/trap remover and I have never used arties in her suit (it's junk she's been wearing for over 5 years), so if I want to find something to do with her, there aren't a lot of choices. I just go steal sigils once in a blue moon with her and then she gets dusty and rusty all over again. I can't see the point of stealing sigils with her every three days and raising her points to insane levels and screwing up someone else. That just doesn't feel right. I wish there was a better way for the PvPers to get better arties than this nonsense.

The only "solution" I can think of that might help a little bit if the dev team insists on keeping the ability to wear arties tied to rank is to fix the damn MyUO site so people can look up who has all the points in each faction on the shard. That way you can figure out who to go after. The complete lack of information about who has the kill points is extremely stupid.

Last edited:

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I checked yesterday, my thief on Origin still had 55 points and was Knight of the Codex. It's been a month or so, I think, since she last stole sigils. She's a thief/trap remover and I have never used arties in her suit (it's junk she's been wearing for over 5 years), so if I want to find something to do with her, there aren't a lot of choices. I just go steal sigils once in a blue moon with her and then she gets dusty and rusty all over again. I can't see the point of stealing sigils with her every three days and raising her points to insane levels and screwing up someone else. That just doesn't feel right. I wish there was a better way for the PvPers to get better arties than this nonsense.

The only "solution" I can think of that might help a little bit if the dev team insists on keeping the ability to wear arties tied to rank is to fix the damn MyUO site so people can look up who has all the points in each faction on the shard. That way you can figure out who to go after. The complete lack of information about who has the kill points is extremely stupid.
That doesn't make sense.

Even you could view who has the most points in uo.com doesnt quite help much in the situation.

Say you saw ABC having the highest kill point, are you sure you will see ABC and that you can kill him? I think it won't happen even when you wait until your hair becomes white and you have white beards growing ( I am talking about in real life time man), you still couldn't probably find that ABC guy to kill. Moreover, you cant be 100% sure that you will be the person kicking his arse, maybe he is the person end up kicking your arse and you lose your valuable kill points to him? LOL

The system shouldn't be worked the way where players have to find ways to work around the FLAWS of the design. Its the developers that have to find ways to solve the FLAWs.

Comment to UO developer for a quick fix of factions:-

1. Revert to Pre Pub 75 faction system
2. Keep the Ephermal status for artifacts used in Trammel
3. Keep the silvers needed for different tiers of faction artifacts, but all character can wear any tiers.
4. Remove the stupid rank only scales based on people with 1+ kill points. This is the most idiotic implement ever because there will be 1 player with rank 10 out of 199 players, that is really most stupid ever.
5. Implement new faction boss, whenever over 100-200 (not a fixed number, it is a random number) of the weaker version monsters are slayed in any area[such as demon temple, blighted grove, despise, etc.] (such as demon, wisps, orge lord, silver serpents), a MUCH stronger version will appear. The stronger version can hardly be soloable and cannot be destroyed by merely a scriptor or macroer. This is to prevent scriptor or macroer for scripting unlimited silvers. Also at the same time encourage legit players to gather and destroy this boss monster together for acceptable reward.
6. Remove the stupid 4 weeks timer
7. Remove the rank requirement for riding faction war horse

New boss monster specification:-
1. Very strong, have ability similar to Cora [upon spawned, it will suck up 100% of mana from the players. The mana sucking aura will lasts up to 2 minutes; and after 2 minutes it no longer sucks mana from players automatically]
2. upon death, will rain down 50 piles of silvers on ground to pick up (each pile ranged from 500-1000)
3. Have 30% chance to spawn 1 of the faction afs in player's backpack (whoever damage or participated in the fight)
4. These faction artifacts also have a 1% chance to be of an [lesser, greater, major, legendary] exceptional version, which comes with an additional mod. The additional mod cannot exceed the imbue limit of each mod.

lesser = same resist as per the original piece of faction af
greater = +1 to all resist as per the original piece of faction af
major = +2 to all resist as per the original piece of faction af
legendary = +3 to all resist as per the original piece of faction af

Such as if the additional mod is mana regeneration, then the max it could get is mr 2. Weapon mod cannot spawn in armor. Armor mod cannot spawn in weapon. [Such as mana leech cannot spawn in armor; casting focus cannot spawn in weapon]

If the af is runebeetle carapace, and that the additional mod rolls as MR, then the total MR on that part will either be MR 4 or Mr 5.

**The above is a quick fix of faction and can partially revive it.**

***For full revival of UO faction + UO overall participation in the game community, UO still need to think a way and forget about faction of PVP. Faction shouldn't be a system only focusing on pvp. It should have divert 50% content into welcome other type of players (such as newbies, crafters, bards, etc...), while the other 50% encourage pvp. For idea, please kindly find back my post about the 1/10 proposal of UO faction enhance.***

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Factions would almost require a full revert to get it back to where it was, minus the ephermal status. Though, after looking I'm not sure really works?

God help us if they ever listen to Slayer, or keep listening I'm not sure which but I'm sure it's not someone who knows what they're talking about.

Last edited: