• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Kill Points Timer/Delay

V

von Beck

Can someone tell me if there is a timer that prevents you getting kill points from the same character repeatedly? How long is is? Do you have to kill different characters before you can get kill points again from a guy you killed before?

I have looked through this forum and uoguide and uo.com and stratics and I can't find this sort of detailed information anywhere. I hope there is something in place that stops you from farming points by having a second account joined to a different faction. But from what I have read I can't see that there is.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone tell me if there is a timer that prevents you getting kill points from the same character repeatedly? How long is is? Do you have to kill different characters before you can get kill points again from a guy you killed before?

I have looked through this forum and uoguide and uo.com and stratics and I can't find this sort of detailed information anywhere. I hope there is something in place that stops you from farming points by having a second account joined to a different faction. But from what I have read I can't see that there is.
Trying to figure out how long you have to wait before killing the character on your second account?

V

von Beck

Maybe.

I'm trying to understand the system to see if it's worth bothering. I also want to know if its something that others are doing so I know what I'm up against. I already have characters on two accounts that are going to be in TB, so I'd actually be opening a third account.

(Your comment might have been a flame but I just went ahead and answered it honestly. Feel free to flame it amuses you, it doesn't bother me. I'd be a fool if I anticipated only intelligent comments on these boards.)

V

von Beck

Yes that is obvious. Thank you for stating the obvious. That was very intelligent. Nice contribution to the topic. Your third intelligent post will be reported to the mods as a troll.

If I'm PvP-ing for points (which I already do) and some other chump is farming off his other accounts I'd like to know. If its common practice and I have to do it to keep up with the jonses then I'll do it even though I think it stinks and there should be some timer or something to stop it (as per my initial post).

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hear other factioners are jumping off a bridge today. You wouldn't want them to get an edge on you so you better get on that. My suggestion is a nice high one without a body of water underneath.

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just do what everyone else does.

Open a trial account.
Make 5 new chars.
Join all 5 chars in a opposite faction.
Go ahead and quit all 5 chars from the faction.
Now kill all 5 chars for 1 point each.
Wait 3 days, Rinse and Repeat.

Faction Chars can give out points up to negative 5, so you can have 4 of your freinds or your other chars kill them for points also.

To transfer points you say I honor your Leadership and target who you want to have some points.

You could also open more than one trial account, if your really in a hurry for points.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone who knows a bit more about Factions than I do told me a couple months ago that you are recorded for the last 6 people you kill. Thus if you kill any of those player again you get no points. When you kill a 7th person, the first person will be able to give you kill points again.

Of course there is also that 15-20 minute timer where you don't give kill points away after death. So I am assuming you can kill 7 players, wait 20 minutes and then repeat.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like there are two choices. Firstly, you can be like the other losers who care about nothing but points and kill your own guys, or you can play the game the way it was meant to be played and actually kill other players for points.

My recommendation would be to stop the dooshbaggery and go with the latter of the two options.

S

Saleena

Maybe.

I'm trying to understand the system to see if it's worth bothering. I also want to know if its something that others are doing so I know what I'm up against. I already have characters on two accounts that are going to be in TB, so I'd actually be opening a third account.

(Your comment might have been a flame but I just went ahead and answered it honestly. Feel free to flame it amuses you, it doesn't bother me. I'd be a fool if I anticipated only intelligent comments on these boards.)
Don't farm points of your own charcaters there is a reason for being in factions..With reading all the info on factions looking to see how long until you can get another point..you should have figured out what factions is all about by now...Don't be a Whimp!! Go get yourself some kill points...:gun:

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone who knows a bit more about Factions than I do told me a couple months ago that you are recorded for the last 6 people you kill. Thus if you kill any of those player again you get no points. When you kill a 7th person, the first person will be able to give you kill points again.

Of course there is also that 15-20 minute timer where you don't give kill points away after death. So I am assuming you can kill 7 players, wait 20 minutes and then repeat.
Way off.

A

Altec

This is the type of stuff that will destroy factions. LOL. I guess thats what happens when you invite trammies to PVP.

With thieves earning 10 points a sig I think there will be enough points out there to get.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well good work posting how it works.
pfft.. Why would I help some ****** bag farm points? I will not explain how it works because I don't want this pig exploiting the system. Why don't you just make dummy characters for him to kill Link? Help him exploit the pvpers so he doesn't have to do it himself.

C

Coyt

here is the problem with rank requires to use certain items
ppl know what to do to get the items out there, and are willing to do it

best solution: remove ranking form items!!!

ppl will get the score/rank anyway

C

Coyt

ppl will get the score/rank anyway unless they are the ones only playing once in awhile,who most certain also got a suit below average already

in order to get players to participate in faction they need to have same starting oppertunites as the next guy
(skills/armour) the more diffrences/excuses there is the more ppl will use it as a reaosn to not participate

A

Altec

ppl will get the score/rank anyway
The ranking system is broke and if it worked like it is suppose to there would only be so many of a certain rank allowed. So when it comes to higher rank items not everyone will be able to get them. But uo seems to be overlooking the fact that the ranking system has never worked properly and probly never will seeing that in all the publish 56 info released there is nothing pertaining to the rank system.

Well with any luck all the point farming trammy trash will get stuck at rank 1 no matter how many of their own characters they kill with their greater dragon.