• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Bases: A Poll and Discussion.

Faction bases should:

• Remain as is.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • All bases should be in a guard zone.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All bases should be outside of a guard zone.

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Undecided or other, discuss and share your idea.

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Faction bases should...

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True Briannian - An entrance should be made in the back of the castle due to some explosion and a small bridge. This will fix the trap and guard zone issues.

Minax - Extend the blue line out of the passage and widen it a little.

Council of Mages - The base needs a complete remake. The entrance is in a horrible position for attacking with all the defenders being able to hide inside the building. The whole building should be redone with an entrance on the south side, a second level for the sigils, etc. This base probably needs the most modifications out of any.

Shadowlords - The blue line should be moved out some more (this might be impossible due to housing however) and some of the doors should be made two tiles wide instead of one. Also put a decorative border around the roof so people can't escape via that way with a sigil.

I

Irish Rage

Personally I think all 4 bases should be outside of guard zones and should be identical except for decor. Make them true strongholds with walls, a moat, a gated entrace, turrets, towers, etc. Also create crafting areas, stables, etc.

W

wee papa smurf

Personally I think all 4 bases should be outside of guard zones and should be identical except for decor. Make them true strongholds with walls, a moat, a gated entrace, turrets, towers, etc. Also create crafting areas, stables, etc.
Hell yea!! Sounds perfect :thumbsup:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I kinda like that idea, Irish. *nods* Maybe not the same cookie cutter base, but have all with similar elements.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd totally go for it but realistically I don't think that will be done.

I think they should all be outside of guard zones,, but they should make it so you can cast a AOE spell in towns as long as you are casting it out of towns, same would go for fields.. That would fix the problem of raiding TB base..

Also TB base should only be allowed to place gas traps in there base and exp in towns like everyone else. Same for COM in mag as well.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Faction bases should....

Remain close to how they exist today with minor game balance adjustments.

Guardzone - The good factions (Council of Mages and True Britannians) should continue to have bases located within guard zones. The evil factions (Shadowlords and Minax) bases should be located outside of guard zones.

This allows the "good" factions to use guards and traps defensively and evil factions to use guards and traps offensively. It discourages good factions from using, or employing red (evil) characters while allowing evil factions to use reds (evil players) against invading forces. This also heightens the importance of holding a town.

Hence the saying "As Britain goes, so go the True Britannians" (and the same would apply to Mag and the Council).

"Good" and "Evil" factions typically draw different types of players and characters. The differences provide variety in templates, style and game play. Each faction is opposed to at least one faction of the same style and two of the opposite. Taking all faction bases out of guard zone will create in essence four of the same type of faction, all using the same methods and templates and removing the contrast and variety that currently exists.

For example, as a True Britannian attacking the Shadowlords or attacking the Council of Mages, I have a completely different playing experience based on where they are located, how they can be defended, how guards and traps can be used, etc.

Keeping with the idea of good factions being located within guard zones and evil factions outside, here are a few adjustments I'd love to see.

Fast Decay: Items on the floor of faction bases should decay at a faster rate (15 mins).

Faction Carpenter: Create barriers using silver, and wood similar to how a faction tinker creates traps. Each faction has a certain number of Barrier slots (lets say 10) and barriers can only be placed in your own faction's base. Barriers can be removed by an opposing faction using the lumberjacking skill (min of 80) vs. the carpentry skill of the barrier maker. Barriers can not be placed next to each other and must have a minimum of 1 tile on each side.

Base Adjustments:

The Major Move: Move the Council of Mages out of Mag to Wind and allow faction characters to access the city without magery. CoM faction stone would have to be located outside of Wind so that non mage characters wishing to join CoM would be able to do so.

Story wise (Role-Play) this move makes a great deal of sense. After the destruction of Mag (at least on GL) Anon and the Council of Mages needed to regroup and reestablish a base of power. No better and safer place for the Council of Mages then the City of Wind.

General changes to other bases:

Widen all doors and entry ways to at least two tiles. Each faction base should have at least one choke point of two tiles.

D

Decker

I like Irish rages idea that would so rock if it were do-able i say lets do it theres pleanty of unused areas they could redo i mean hey look at the whole mag thing they blew up a city how hard can it be to make.

Improving the current bases man there is so much every one complains about raiding everyone eleses bases cause they do this that and whatever so lets list teh pros and cons i have raided and defended all four bases hmm well five bases cause i defended minax when it was near papua, so here it goes

Minax-
Pros- long narrow choke point, gate house choke point, one way in one way out , before the great remapping it was 1 tile wide at certain points in the long pass certain death well defended by archers and dexxers with a few mages (see defenses of OUTCAST)

Cons- can only place posion traps, one way in one way out, you can grab items off the north wall from the bottom, outside of gaurd zone so red guilds can interere in the faction play

this base does start where the faction stone is located
Shadow lords-
pros- long narrow bridge, easy to defend with a few mages, three narrow 1-2 tiles choke points, CAn be a death trap if fielded properly (SEE defenses of SC and the current sl alliance)

cons- can only place posion traps, red guilds can interfere, two ways into the base,
sls base does not start till the middle of the long bridge, not where the faction stone is

Magenica-
pros- again a long narrow bridge, can use guards, can be defended with traps both posion and explode as well as the other two in town zone,now its not in guard zone, that turn into base is its only choke point with no visability can be a death trap if done right ( see defenses of KTFO)

part of this base is in town the first two steps otherwise its perrty much behind its faction stone

Cons- currently not in a guard zone reds can interfere, it is the smallest of the bases no where to fall back too,

True Brits
Pros- gate house and draw bridge makes a great choke point, inside the castle entrance makes a nother good choke point if done right (see outcast defenses and current tb alliance) Can use two kinds of traps and guards, got a whole city for resorces,

cons- its in a guard zone red teammates are useless half the time, the base is too big a thief can easly evade for hours in there, you need a top and bottom team as well as a courtyard team and a sig room team see place is too big to pull off a good defense.

tbs base the guard/townzone extends to the middle of the bridge so placing town traps ins possible in the town there the base dose not start till the middle of the draw bridge,

with that said i think a good fix would be to let all factions use any kind of traps in thier bases, that would make defending and attacking harder ebing as teh gm can now remove team traps so you can place and replace traps as you see fit to adjust to the battle.

i cant remember this faction system ever being 100% bring back chaos and order hehe

decker

D

Decker

dang lore posted at the same time as i and i like some of his ideas too

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Good posts, folks. This is an interesting discussion.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like it actually if all faction towns no longer had traditional guard-zones, and all towns and bases were capable of being guarded by faction guards with faction-definable rules (True Britannians capture Britain, they can make their guards attack reds, criminals, enemy factioneers, and people who are agressive against their member; Shadowlords comes in and take over - their guards only attack enemy factioneers and people who are agressive against their members; CoM comes in, and it's all run by jerks now, and have their guards attack anybody who isn't in the faction).

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think faction bases should be in an area that only faction members can get into. I'm tired of going to CoM base and having non-faction reds help kill non-CoM members. Make CoM base the entire Mag island. TB base all of West Brit.... For SL and Minax I don't know.

If you want to help your friends in factions, JOIN THE FREAKING FACTION!

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking that there could 4 faction bases per town, one base for each faction, per town..