• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fabulous Fall Festival

C

Callie

Just wanted to check in and let every Catskillian know that plans are coming together for the FABULOUS FALL FESTIVAL. And if you think that Fabulous is an overstatement, then you weren't at the first meeting. And shame on you!

It is not too late to get involved. We still need some volunteers for helpers with the Naked Dungeon Run with a Twist; some of the other Tourneys; and the welcome and farewell parties.

Please talk this up with your guilds, your neighbors, and anyone you meet! This is going to be such a BLAST, and you WILL be sorry if you miss it.:lick:

For those of you who did miss it, here are the plans:

Friday Oct 24 - kickoff party and Jousting Tourney
Who doesn't love a good party (could use a little help with deco and food), and Jousting is always fun to watch. Didn't have a volunteer to help set up the Jousting Tourney, so could use some help with that please Rules: NPC armor and weapons.

Saturday Oct 25 - naked dungeon run with a twist (need volunteers to be rezzers and upgraders, maybe about 5?)
How can it be bad with "naked" in the title? Bet we'll see lots of pirates there at this one, especially when GOLD is involved! Rules: Begin with nothing. Naked, no mount, no weapons, mage may have a spell book with no mods. You will be issued an NPC weapon of your skill, arrows (if needed), a bag of regs, and other items necessary for you to survive. You must make your way through the dungeon, killing things as you go and looting them to collect a complete suit of armor. (BONUS-if your armor is all of the same type, you get a special prize!) Present yourself and your new suit of armor to the character stationed at the bottom of the dungeon. Prizes for first 3 to finish. Also, you may have the opportunity to answer trivia questions or perform small tasks to receive an upgrade to your weapon or more regs.

Sunday Oct 26 - mage duel and fighting tourney
Mage Duel (mage poker?) - Cabe Bedlam kindly volunteered to head this up, I'll let him provide more details soon.
Fighting Tourney - Scarst has some ideas that will knock your socks off! Well, at least maybe your armor..... Rules: NPC armor and weapons. Twist: random rolling of a number will grant you the choice of special rules for your fight. That's just a teaser....I know, I'm mean like that.

Monday Oct 27 - archery tourney, UO Monopoly, and Mathena's Weapons Wagon
Archery Tourney - no volunteer to help setup, so please help me out with this.
UO Monopoly- Qu's idea, Qu gets to run it. Limited participation, so may run more than once. Sign up at kickoff party! Usual monopoly rules, check all gold and gear at the door. Yes, really.
Weapons Wagon - I'll let Mathena expound at her convenience, but suffice it to say, red and blue are the colors of this event!

Friday Oct 31 - Bard's night and house tour, if houses submitted and available.
We have an offer of a lovely autumn themed home for the Bard's spooky story night (Flame has ideas for twists, so watch out!). Also, if you are interested in a tour of homes, or volunteering your home to be toured, please let me know pretty quickly as we need to get this set up. Doesn't necessarily have to be spooky or halloween/autumn themed, any great deco will do. I volunteer all of Orianna's houses......can I do that?

Saturday Nov 1 - Amazing Race (Callie and Robert, any other volunteers? Need some folks onsite at the various locations to provide instructions)
Listen up Sosarians! Get to know your world. Earn great prizes. Have a BLAST! Use skills you never thought you had. There will be at least 4 locations you must make you way to. At each location there will be a task or event you must complete in order to receive instructions on where to head next. No Sacred Journey, no recall, no gate travel, excepting moongates. More details to come!

Sunday Nov 2 - Scavenger Hunt and farewell party (Pike and Callie, will need other volunteers)
Perhaps autumn items you will need to find, or pirate booty. I'll leave that up to Pike, but rest assured, this will be the perfect event to top off our festival in style!

C

Callie

If any of the organizers need ANYTHING from me, give me a holler!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I forgot to find items to donate. Its not too late is it?

I am going to make it a point to check my chests and find a few things.
*makes a note and staples it to his forehead*

C

Callie

Black Sun, it is never too late to donate stuff...
You still haven't stopped by to say HI. Ever. I mean, a girl could get a complex.....LOL.
Totally kidding! You are welcome to still donate stuff, I have a special bin in my house for donated prizes for the events. And, as Uthar said, time would also be appreciated. Uthar is old....and wise. He should be heeded. :)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Black Sun, it is never too late to donate stuff...
You still haven't stopped by to say HI. Ever. I mean, a girl could get a complex.....LOL.
Totally kidding! You are welcome to still donate stuff, I have a special bin in my house for donated prizes for the events. And, as Uthar said, time would also be appreciated. Uthar is old....and wise. He should be heeded. :)

Honestly, I have no idea where you live. But give me coords and I'll be sure to stop by and say hello and drop off a few things.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Locations for events would be helpful, for anyone not familiar with the organizers.

C

Callie

We'll be posting locations closer to time for the events. Things change from week to week, so don't want a huge amount of "old" information out there when it comes time for the events.

Thanks for the items, Black Sun. They are appreciated!

I live in Malas quite near the Umbra gate, but you can always find me in Haven or on ICQ.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're very welcome. If I can't find you in Haven or on ICQ I'll just start hollering your name into Alliance chat and see if you're in there.

Again, just let me know when you need some help with refreshments. I'll lock my chef (Gordon Ramsay) in the kitchen and tell him he's not getting out until the party's over.

J

jelinidas

I have a few checks I would like to donate. I will look around Haven for you, but I play at weird times. I work second shift now, so gold I can offer. Wish I could help more.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to offer support in terms of time, gold, potential events or items, somebody from the following guilds is usually near New Haven:
GRI, CYM, SnR, 9II, FURY, UP, SCB, OCK, KAK, WO|F, V*N, I, ItB, OBH and um... I'm sure I forgot someone.
Anyone in those guilds has a way of contacting some of us who are directly involved in the planning of these events.

For some more details, the Halloween events (houses and stories) meeting place will be in New Haven itself. Both events will involve going from NH to the event location... The housing event is mobile and if the current story location stands, that location is "secret".

More details will follow.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're not able to find someone from one of the listed guilds around Haven (which is pretty rare), you could always ICQ or PM me, or drop by my vendor house. I am a member of SCB and would be happy to act as a pickup/drop off point if need be.

C

Callie

Next Tuesday, October 14 at 8PM there will be another Shard-wide OPEN MEETING to discuss plans for the events. If you volunteered to host an event (excepting Farsight and Mr. Pike due to time zone constraints), I would expect to see you there at least briefly so that I can get some kind of idea where we stand. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

Gentle reminders will be forthcoming. (Gentle = hammer to head)

C

Callie

I have a few checks I would like to donate. I will look around Haven for you, but I play at weird times. I work second shift now, so gold I can offer. Wish I could help more.
As Black Sun said, you are always welcome to ICQ me whenever you are on. I'm on more than just the normal times, and there are alwasy folks on in the alliance that I trust to hold stuff for the events. Gimme a holler whenever you want :)