• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Explosive Goo Najasaurus

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

Quick question for all of you .. I'm hoping maybe someone can help me understand what's going on with my naja. I tamed a 2-slot naja and am in the process of training him. My plan was to give him FWW/Goo and make an AOE pet. I am in my last round of training, and during the last round I noticed what explosive goo is not an option in his training gump.. although everything online indicates najasaurus can learn explosive goo.

Anyone know why this might be the case? I'm new to the whole animal training thing so any insight would be super helpful.

Thank you!

mihali

Sage
Actually a very good option for the Naja is FWW/Poison Breath, Goo does really not do much more than gather spawn for the FWW. PB does so but better, and also can give PK's a little run for their money. Hard to believe they could out run the Naja also, since dex/stam high not to mention he has high mag resist. If you cannot put Goo on him, don't trash him, he's good to go with FWW/Poison/PB he actually is a rock star. Try him out at the TC1 also and you will see. He also is a pet that you can up to 4 slots and keep 1 slot for your thy/mount, so you can actually move, and hell do ok at 4 slots.
ps. Goo has awesome graphics, but does little damage. PB can do lethal poison at close distance and has excellent range, and gathers well.

Last edited:

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually a very good option for the Naja is FWW/Poison Breath, Goo does really not do much more than gather spawn for the FWW. PB does so but better, and also can give PK's a little run for their money. Hard to believe they could out run the Naja also, since sex/stam high not to mention he has high mag resist. If you cannot put Goo on him, don't trash him, he's good to go with FWW/Poison/PB he actually is a rock star. Try him out at the TC1 also and you will see. He also is a pet that you can up to 4 slots and keep 1 slot for your thy/mount, so you can actually move, and hell do ok at 4 slots.
ps. Goo has awesome graphics, but does little damage. PB can do lethal poison at close distance and has excellent range, and gathers well.
awesome, ty so much for the info!! i was just thinking that if i cant do goo, maybe PB would be a good option. Any idea why I am unable to put goo on him, though?

mihali

Sage
awesome, ty so much for the info!! i was just thinking that if i cant do goo, maybe PB would be a good option. Any idea why I am unable to put goo on him, though?
I think you need to add Goo first (Bottom up, as usual), then add magic. Just instead add poison if it does not have it already for few points, then PB. Try it on TC1 and see how it works. Definitely try it on TC1 first, since I have no idea what else you added to the Naja.

mihali

Sage
I think you need to add Goo first (Bottom up, as usual), then add magic. Just instead add poison if it does not have it already for few points, then PB. Try it on TC1 and see how it works. Definitely try it on TC1 first, since I have no idea what else you added to the Naja.
I think you added FWW magic first, and that may have caused it. Still you likely have 1 ton of points left over. Also I suspect that now if you add poison, then PB, the FWW may look like it is removed, but you can reclaim it by re-adding FWW for 1 point? So first add poison, then PB, then FWW, in tc1. you will have lost a few points, but the Naja is still very strong. Would not trash him. again, use TC1 to check all this, it will be only a few minutes to test this.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The pet has Poisoning which is a magic. You have to add Goo first, then FWW.

Copy to TC is working again, go try there first. They are a disposable pet, tame a few and see different builds on TC.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
The pet has Poisoning which is a magic. You have to add Goo first, then FWW.

Copy to TC is working again, go try there first. They are a disposable pet, tame a few and see different builds on TC.

You cannot add goo to Najasaurus . Pet is not magical and has no fire damage
Only 3 poison related AOE abilities.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You cannot add goo to Najasaurus . Pet is not magical and has no fire damage
Only 3 poison related AOE abilities.
I was wondering about that since I have never seen one with Goo. I did not want to tame one and look.

I could have looked at my own link and seen that. :lol:

But a pet does not have to have fire damage to get Goo. And Poison is a Magic.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Took a Triton to TC.

Here are its Area choices:
1682921781670.png

Here is what they are when you add poison:
1682921833450.png

So, I can not deduce why a Naj can not get the other Area choices.

Hmm can any Eodon pet get the normal Area choices?

I looked at a few and most can not get any area choices.

So, may be an Eodon thing.

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I was wondering about that since I have never seen one with Goo. I did not want to tame one and look.

I could have looked at my own link and seen that. :lol:

But a pet does not have to have fire damage to get Goo. And Poison is a Magic.
Poison can be obtained by any pet. Magical abilities (magery, Chiv , spellweaving, etc.) only by magical pets. Magical com part in less or what you call them. Uoguide says magical. English is not my first language, can have mistakes some time.
So fire beetle can have goo, blue beetle cannot.
Same Skree can have goo and any of Bouras cannot.
Triton is magical pet. None of Eodon pets (except bird of prey) can have Explosive Goo. They cannot have magical skills too.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Poison can be obtained by any pet. Magical abilities (magery, Chiv , spellweaving, etc.) only by magical pets. Magical com part in less or what you call them. Uoguide says magical. English is not my first language, can have mistakes some time.
So fire beetle can have goo, blue beetle cannot.
Same Skree can have goo and any of Bouras cannot.
Triton is magical pet. None of Eodon pets (except bird of prey) can have Explosive Goo. They cannot have magical skills too.
I guess you are saying Goo can be available to any pet that can get a magic like chivalry or a pet that does fire damage.

I may have found the reason the OP thought they can get goo. I did a search on CaH site for Goo ability. And the Naj is there. Oops.

Last edited:

mihali

Sage
I guess you are saying Goo can be available to any pet that can get a magic like chivalry or a pet that does fire damage.

I may have found the reason the OP thought they can get goo. I did a search on CaH site for Goo ability. And the Naj is there. Oops.
Yep I saw that also. Should be fixed.

gwen

Slightly Crazed

May be not ooops since you can add dragon breath to pet , may be this will allow to have goo. Need to try this .

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May be not ooops since you can add dragon breath to pet , may be this will allow to have goo. Need to try this .
Dragon Breath is not on the Abilities for a Naj. So, you can not add it. All the pets than can get Dragon Breath are "Magical".

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

yep, the reason i thought i could add goo was specifically because of the CaH page about naj .. plus I could have sworn I saw a forum post about a fww/goo naj somewhere...

Anyways, really appreciate you all helping me make some sense of this. Was starting to think I was crazy, or doing something wrong. :p