• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Exploit items

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been working on this list behind the scenes. While I was hoping to get the "Protecting the Community" thread done before Rares Festival, it might not happen with my rl schedule. I want to get this list up for rares festival in the meantime to hopefully keep those visiting the vendors as safe as possible.

Here are a list of the 'default rename' exploit items. If you know of others, please share them as I'm sure I've missed a few. If you need a description of the what the items without pictures look like, please just ask.

Thank you and be safe!

Current Exploit Items

*** Confirmed ***

Pastel Colored Peaches

Red Mushroom

Blaze and Blue Nightsight Potions

Tan and Green Lesser Poison Potions

Green Flask

Orange Cheese Wedge

Purple Slice of Bacon

Brown, Dark Red and Blue apples

Shafts
(Can come in any Natural Dye Color)

Dark Brown Gourds

Bottle (non-blessed)
(Can come in any Natural Dye Color)

Grey Cake

Pink Ribs
Fishing weights (Many Colors)
Red and Grey Birds
Green Arrows
Dark Red/Brown Bloodspawn
Blaze Large Bread Loaf
Grey Food (different shades of gray)
Pumice
Orange and Purple Feathers
Vials
Flasks (Many Colors)
Black and Purple Pig Iron
Colored Springs
Bright Gold Eye of Newt
Straw Pillow
Rock (Many Colors)

World Gem Bit
Grey Jar of Honey
Abyssal "Cloth"
Blaze Beads
Empty Vial
Brown Bull's Horn
Yellowish Green Fur
Grey Bull's Horn
Ice White Feathers
Dark Grey Fur

*** Unconfirmed ***
These items may have been fixed. I'm still investigating these. I haven't confirmed on whether or not these are still able to be created. Most likely they are so use caution!

Winch (Grey and regular hue)
Black Bone
Black Flax

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
All of these are worthless?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of these are worthless?
They are currently able to be created rather easily and most of the time, very inexpensively. Are they worth something to someone for decor? Sure, but they are not 'rares'. We have had a lot of problem at previous rares festivals with some of them being sold as true rares or server births to uninformed buyers.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Jandruz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There has been a lot of talk about skull mugs being exploited. Has that been confirmed?

S

shulginist

I have seen more skull mugs (handle on left side) in the last two months then any other time since I started playing. Only been around for a year and change but going from seeing them once every blue moon to seeing one a week is odd.

My buddy mad man bought me one on Atl for 20m at the bank a few weeks ago. He said the guy initially wanted 40 but accepted the 20m offer he gave.
/shrugs

On a side note there is a vendor with a 5m winch and a 2m wedge of cheese at the fest now.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vendors selling exploited items should be cancelled, warned or whatever on Chessy Rares Fest.
And, if the owner doesnt remove the exploited items his name should appear in any post, as a warning to deal with that guy.

magicmule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also blue and red flask
dragon scales large and small, feathers (gossamer graphic) stackable items with names removed.

J

Jynxtryx

I'm not sure I follow, in regards to the red mushroom. I thought you could pick them up off the floor of Heartwood?

C

canary

You know, as much as I love all the new stuff introduced since the EMs have come into prominence, I think the casual player is lost anymore on what is and isn't duped or exploited, or is or isn't a rare.

Jandruz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen more skull mugs (handle on left side) in the last two months then any other time since I started playing. Only been around for a year and change but going from seeing them once every blue moon to seeing one a week is odd.

My buddy mad man bought me one on Atl for 20m at the bank a few weeks ago. He said the guy initially wanted 40 but accepted the 20m offer he gave.
/shrugs

On a side note there is a vendor with a 5m winch and a 2m wedge of cheese at the fest now.
Hey Shulginist, thanks for the info. I do still want to know, however, if someone has actually confirmed the exploit or whether it is rumor.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure I follow, in regards to the red mushroom. I thought you could pick them up off the floor of Heartwood?
The ones in Heartwood say "Miniature Mushroom" and are blessed. The exploit one has the same graphic, but the default name and are not blessed.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Added pictures for the...

red, blue and brown apples
bottle
shafts
gray cake
brown gourds

Will add more soon as I can.

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't like the fact that these things are exploits, but I tend to like the items themselves. They add color and interest to home decor, in my opinion. I see some things on this page that I don't own and it makes me want to go shopping.

I guess that makes me part of the problem. =( Sorry folks.

BlissMarie

Oops, do I need to clarify? I haven't done any of these exploits. I wouldn't do it even if I knew how. I do own some of the items though.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not the owning of the items that I'm trying to prevent. Many of them -are- cool items to decorate with. If you want them for decoration purposes, that's for you to decide.

What I am trying to do is help protect the community. Every rares festival some of the items make it on to vendors as "true rares", "server births" , etc.. and often times on vendors outside of the festival as well. Some of these items aren't obvious and could easily be mistaken for being rare to an uneducated buyer. My only task is to say 'these are items that can be obtained and are not rare' and to make sure they stay off the forum. That is all I want to do. If you take that knowledge and decide that you want to buy one for 10k, 100k, 1m or even 10m... that's your choice. I am just here to educate collectors so they don't think they are buying a true rare.

Hope that clarifies my reasons behind this. An' for the record to everyone, so folks will stop contacting me... please refrain from asking me -how- to do it. The only folks who get that information is EA.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can add to the exploit list...
a dark brown sack of flour
invulnerability blue dragon scales
grey dragon scales (not the normal graphic)

Please be careful folks.
If you see something for sale you are unfamiliar with, please... please ask the community.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll add more panels as I get the screenshots and these will eventually be put into a anti-scamming guide I'm working on for Stratics. I want to get the screenshots up as soon as possible to help people in the meantime. These items are from a current, working exploit. To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing wrong with owning these for decoration purposes. My main goal is to educate folks to prevent them from buying something advertised as a true rare, event item or server birth and spending millions. There are MANY more items than this first panel, but its going to take me time to get the items together to take pictures of. Be safe folks.

The name next to the number are the names as they appear in-game after having their name changed.

1. Rock
2. Shafts
3. Bottle (Will be non-blessed - unlike the Abyss quest bottles)
4. Pig Iron (Black and Purple in hue)
5. Bread Loaf, Slice of Bacon, Wedge of Cheese
6. Springs
7. Cake
8. Fishing Weight

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
please also add to the list a lucky coin renamed as a eye of newt to the list, saw one on a atlantic vendor yesterday

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
please also add to the list a lucky coin renamed as a eye of newt to the list, saw one on a atlantic vendor yesterday
Yep, that one is on the first post. Its definitely on my list to screenshot the graphic and label. If you see any that aren't listed, please let me know.

Add to the list:
an orange "log"

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

9. Flask
10. Fur
11. Straw Pillow
12. Mushroom
13. Apple
14. Bird
15. Peach

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please add to the list items from Humility Quest.
I saw a "Short Stool" on a vendor at atlantic, few days ago.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please add to the list items from Humility Quest.
I saw a "Short Stool" on a vendor at atlantic, few days ago.
I think that may be a different one, perhaps along the lines of the skull mugs. I'm still waiting to see if we get a confirmation on those. If you have any information on those... please please.. past it along to EA.

These are from a particular one.. I'm only doing the ones I know can be created currently.

*works on panel 3*

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is the next panel folks. Please note I found yet another color of the "Fishing Weight" and it has been added to panel 1.

16. Winch
17. Log
18. Dough
19. Powder of Translocation
20. Chicken Leg
21. Cut of Raw Ribs
22. Bull's Horn
23. Worldgem Bit
24. Beads
25. Arrow
26. Flask
27. Lesser Poison Potion
28. Empty Vial
29. Night Sight Potion
30. Sack of Flour
31. Jar of Honey
32. Eye of Newt, Pumice, Bloodspawn
33. Feathers

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't like the fact that these things are exploits, but I tend to like the items themselves. They add color and interest to home decor, in my opinion. I see some things on this page that I don't own and it makes me want to go shopping.

I guess that makes me part of the problem. =( Sorry folks.

BlissMarie

Oops, do I need to clarify? I haven't done any of these exploits. I wouldn't do it even if I knew how. I do own some of the items though.
Tribal berries are just as pretty for decor as blue apples, and are totally legit. If there's something there that you want, but you're not sure what it is before it's been exploited, please let me know. I can probably tell you what it was before someone screwed with the labelling.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not here to tell people to own or not own and I will agree that some of them are wonderful decoration. These items do not spawn with this label and have to be created by a method not intended, so owning is a personal decision. I've said this time and time again... my goal in creating these lists is to let folks know the following...

1. These are not rare and will not be allowed to be sold on this forum.
2. These are not "event items", "true rares" or "server births" as some who sell these have labeled them and are not worth millions.

I've seen too many people get scammed by buying these things thinking they are getting a great deal on an item they've never seen before. Part of supporting this community is educating those who aren't aware to help protect them.

That is my goal.

F

Fraggles

What about side by side stacked wood? i have some of these and i dont know it its a rare or not ?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you post a picture so I can see?

Sounds like a set of reversed logs which can still be made, but I'd need to see a picture to verify its the same graphic. Don't want to tell you something and then have you toss something that wasn't what I thought it was.

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw a person who were selling "Flask" at Atlantic.
He said this flask from new High Seas's area (market?) as a server birth.

So, I verified about a flask, and it was able to be made.
And, it was able to change the color by turning with the house deco tool, too.

I don't know this flask is a S/B rare or not.
However, this can be made like a exploit rare at least.

It's just heads up ...

Attachments

S

shulginist

I showed Assia the vendor that were selling the two supposed server birth flasks (One orange and one red) and a short stool last week. Someone bought the red one and tried to resell it on the north side of luna and I am not sure about the orange one. Thanks for the info about turning it with deco tool hopefully people read this.

On a side note a different vendor with more then one skull mug has popped up again this week. I bought a skull mug for 20 to resell (Handle on left imagine that) and another mug was stocked the same day.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh. Alright folks.. please be careful of any renamed items that resemble any of the crafted glassware OR any of the stealing buff items. There is enough evidence to suggest that there is an exploit for these as well. Please do not discuss how the exploit works on this forum, but if you have any information please send it to EA immediately. If you do not know if an item is rare or not, please ask!

Glassware graphics
Glass Blowing

Stealing Buffs:
Stealing from Monsters

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks very much to Peil and Shulginist for the information and for looking out for the community. Folks, please be very careful

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright a few more to watch out for...

The names as they appear on the renamed versions.

1. Mushroom
2. Bola Balls
3. Roll of String
4. fish steaks (these can come in any of the new HS rare fish colors)
5. Cannonball
6. Grapeshot
7. Black Powder

P

PoCove

Wow that is an impressive list ,,, I had no idea there were that many ... Keep up the good work and Thanks

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks BahamaMama. *smiles*

There is a "false rares" in the archive and reference, but since EA has fixed the bug used to make these as far as I know, it wouldn't be there. If any of the staff find a home for the list, I probably have a copy of the graphics someplace in my back-ups. If I can find it, be happy to let you all use it to keep people informed.

Even if the bug has been fixed, no telling if there is/will be another way to make these. The latest bug was the second method that I know about. Most of them had quite a few made. I'd estimate them around 200k or less for use in house decor, etc. While technically "rare" now.. as in no longer obtainable.. I'd like to see these items be banned from this forum. Much like the doggy dupes, this bug damaged quite a few real rares including Pumice.

(This has been rekindled as there was a thread about "a fishing weight" in the trader's hall where a vendor had one for 2m and someone was asking about it. Please be safe folks. )

Snow78

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an FYI The skull mugs can be made. That is all i can say so plz do not buy them. and if you are going to buy one dont over spend. well the left handed one im talking about.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
are we adding highly duped items to this list....

okies were do we start............