• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Excuse our mess! [PGoH Construction]

• Thread starter katherinepgoh
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
K

katherinepgoh

Hi, we've been getting a lot of new visitors to our castle and town, Olympus, and this is mostly due to Hawkeye Pike's interesting quest (The thread about it is in this very forums, go check it out, and try it!) and slightly due to the attention we're drawing through the Casca Storyline.
For those of you who have visited, you may have noticed there's a bit of a mess, some plots are changing, and some houses aren't furnished! Well, I'd like to assure everyone that this is normal, as we are undergoing a major renovation/redesign of the town. Many of the buildings will be changing over the next few weeks, but we're making sure that we keep Hawkeye's quest material intact (Though we did have a hiccup with the jail clue, but it's fixed. Sorry for anyone who had that problem!), and that we only do so many houses at once.
So whether you've been visiting, visited recently, plan to in the future, or not at all, just wanted to say Please excuse our mess, as we work to build a better player town! Thank you!

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...didn't seem all that cluttered to me...but then...I'm a very cluttered guy. =-P hehe. Thank you again for the wonderful quest.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And here I thought the pirates finally got off their tails and pillaged the empire...

*wide grin*

-Aneirin (UP)

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha, not likely. We make a bigger mess of our city than they do usually.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh, we'll have to work on our mess-making techniques then.

Hey Pike, we're not leaving enough of our bodies on HONOR territories!

-Aneirin

K

katherinepgoh

You'll also have to forgive us, it seems we have acquired a crazy neighbor near our distillery. Obviously, our ales are so strong they make you hallucinate, his house could only have been made by a mind warped by alcohol! (OOC: Why do people really have nothing better to do than grief rp guilds? Seriously?)

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll also have to forgive us, it seems we have acquired a crazy neighbor near our distillery. Obviously, our ales are so strong they make you hallucinate, his house could only have been made by a mind warped by alcohol! (OOC: Why do people really have nothing better to do than grief rp guilds? Seriously?)
I haven't participating in griefing anyone myself but I would like to say something thats been on my mind as I have sat in on a lot of the meetings with solomon and the like and its obvious at this point solomon is the EM and I get the impression that PGOH is a favorite guild of his and they are addressed a whole lot more then non rpers such as myself. I do indeed play along in my own special ways and am cordial to everyone, however, not everyone who is participating in the events is going to rp 100% of the time and incidentally, events don't need to be hardcore RP every single day.

My issue is if there is going to be talking and rping and nothing more to do during these events...then I won't stand around for hours and hours every nite as i can come here and read about it. I am not trying to complain, HOWEVER I personally would like something more action oriented, maybe a puzzle to solve or something more besides whats been going on thus far.

Maybe i am impatient but I have spent a considerable amount of time watching and listening to talk and I must say it is entertaining...to a point...after the 2 hour mark I begin to get a bit antsy, yet i don't want to leave for fear of missing something action oriented.

In short, i hope these events are not aimed at the RP'er only as there are many who do not enjoy hours worth of rp. In small doses however it is awesome. =) Also, favoritism is never a good thing and I know everyone is aware of that.

Just my 2 cents, hope no one takes offense.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Dante, I do not believe Solomon is our new EM for a couple of reasons.

#1 - The EM characters that I've seen have all been yellow (invulnerable)

#2 - The EM's have said themselves they are NOT allowed to post on the boards.

I really believe that Solomon and the meetings, etc. are player run as part of the Casca storyline. We have a great many players on Catskills who are long time role players and quite interested in these events currently going on and how they may shape our lands.

Currently, the EM's have said they are not allowed to run events that spawn creatures and fighting. But that's coming in due time and, based on the interaction with the new EM's, I'm thinking we will all have tons of excitement to keep us occupied. :) I think this is a time for them to get to know us so that when we do have fighting, it should be even more exciting!

For now, though, if you like being involved in the intrigue and discussion, then by all means attend. If you are looking for more war and fighting, just be patient. Lord knows we are definitely a blood thirsty lot!

Edit: Just my thoughts here but I'm guessing when the fighting starts, it definitely won't take two hours to get going. hehe

K

katherinepgoh

Well, I can tell you that PGoH is not a favorite guild...We've just been actively going to the Counselor's Hall, and we've been making our presence known, and we've been participating in every single thing we can with the EM's, and we've also been speaking out on our own very much. We also have a very long history (We were the third guild established on the shard, the first rp guild on the shard, and out of those three the only one still around!) And we have also had quite a history of making sure we do our best to be involved with the storylines as much as is possible on our own end of the spectrum.
The more you interact, the more interaction you get!
(Also, the griefing comment was about this house owner and his ugly house hehe)

S

Solomon Wright

Dante,

I assure you, I am not Emissary Kasaven or Emissary Annendora, and my robes are those of a simple monk.

I have no particular emotion regarding the Purple Guardians of Honor, save a humble respect for their storied history, significant guild membership and rather expansive city in the swamps north of Trinsic. This same respect is extended to all who have had a lasting and positive presence in the world we call home.

The debate regarding the Guardian's claim to Trinsic is significant, because it is grounded in actual Britannian lore. Lord British did, in fact, grant them some relationship to Trinsic (to what extent, I cannot yet say); if Lord Casca is actually able to overrule that, it will set a remarkable precedent, one that will further erode the relationship this world has to British's vision.

The significance of Casca's declaration regarding city independence is of a higher order than simply who controls taxes in Trinsic; it is directly related to much deeper, more complex issues that have been ignored for quite some time, specifically centered on Lord British's departure, and what it means for the future of Britannia.

If you are looking for me to signal a call to arms, I regret my vow of pacifism prevents that from being realized. My interests are philosophical, structural and political in nature, and as such, may not provide the level of combat and wealth you seek.

With that said, my hopes rest with those of both Trammel and Felucca, of all paths and of all persuasions. My desire is to see the world we inhabit prosper, so that it might continue to exist for all of us to cherish.

I hope this has answered your questions. Feel free to inquire more, at your leisure.

Best wishes to you...

-Solomon Wright, Sosarian Monk

ATLPvPer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How could that Soloman have been an EM if Owain Surrey (obviously Kasaven) and the other EMAnn something were both at the meeting where Soloman was speaking?? and then at the counselors hall??

I don't mean to be rude but perhaps you should know actually know if something is true before you say it is 'obvious' and that the EM is playing favorites when in fact they aren't even the character you were talking about...

K

katherinepgoh

Sure are! We've been here for years and plan to be here all the way until they shut down the servers. Why, some of the former Undead had such respect for us, that Thomas of the Undead gave us his Unborn clothes before he quit UO for good!

You probably just don't notice because we don't hang out in yew all the time. *smiles*

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PGOH left Trinsic to be quite a mess...you can thank the rest of the shard for cleaning it up today...hehehe

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just going to say this. I still think Solomon is Kasaven or a floater em. I'm pretty sure I've seen Solomon yellow.

ATLPvPer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just going to say this. I still think Solomon is Kasaven or a floater em. I'm pretty sure I've seen Solomon yellow.
Doesn't make much sense.
At his 'meeting' Owain Surrey and another yellow character were there (kasaven and the floater Ann) then Owain and Ann were both there at the hall when Solomon was. And I have definitely never seen him yellow, not to mention I've heard numerous times that EMs can't post on stratics.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've been here for years and plan to be here all the way until they shut down the servers.
So are the United Pirates. Thanks to our mutual mixture between love and hate, we'll proabably have exciting years ahead of us! I wouldn't spend too much time in decoratin' yer landlubber houses. Yer work may be futile when some unsavory people decide ta come by to loot and valdalize yer cute little town. *wink*

C

Corvak

How could that Soloman have been an EM if Owain Surrey (obviously Kasaven) and the other EMAnn something were both at the meeting where Soloman was speaking?? and then at the counselors hall??
I think it was another floater. No other shards had events the day of the meeting. EMs probably have standard player accounts to use for creating characters on their shards to promote story events.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a laptop that fits quite easily onto my desk next to my desktop. Thus allowing me to run 2 accounts at the same time, and even have them interact with one another.