• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Evil Creatures Give Bad Karama When Killed?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has zero logic to me...

Since becoming full-time active again... after 4 years. I cant help notice that some monsters (like platinum drake)… where you are attacked and take a MASSIVE Karma hit for defending yourself.

This is true for Lions too... however they attack you? Tigers should take an epic amount of Karma seeing its a disgusting act to kill one in real life. BUT... why did they get added in the first place?

My main problem is with any dragon kind that attacks you. The Serpentine dragon doesnt attack you... yet attacking and killing it WILL give you a massive Karma hit. I believe "for good reason".

Just seams complete void of logic.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's simply an animal attempting to eat you. it's not the animals fault, that's just what large predators do. It doesn't make them evil. but you have the ability to know that it is an innocent animal trying to stay alive by eating, yet you chose to kill it instead of running away and leaving it alone. who's the evil one in this scenario again?? :D

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The serpentine dragon looks like the "Luck"-Dragon which is a symbol in chinese and japanese mythology. So no wonder about why this creature will attack you back and you get a big karma loss - honestly - who seriously wish to kill a luck-bringing creature ;)

Chinese dragons, also known as East Asian dragons, are legendary creatures in Chinese mythology, Chinese folklore, and East Asian culture at large. Chinese dragons have many animal-like forms such as turtles and fish, but are most commonly depicted as snake-like with four legs. They traditionally symbolize potent and auspicious powers, particularly control over water, rainfall, typhoons, and floods. The dragon is also a symbol of power, strength, and good luck for people who are worthy of it in East Asian culture. During the days of Imperial China, the Emperor of China usually used the dragon as a symbol of his imperial power and strength.

Chinese dragon - Wikipedia

upload_2018-11-29_11-54-20.jpeg

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The serpentine dragon looks like the "Luck"-Dragon which is a symbol in chinese and japanese mythology. So no wonder about why this creature will attack you back and you get a big karma loss - honestly - who seriously wish to kill a luck-bringing creature ;)

Chinese dragons, also known as East Asian dragons, are legendary creatures in Chinese mythology, Chinese folklore, and East Asian culture at large. Chinese dragons have many animal-like forms such as turtles and fish, but are most commonly depicted as snake-like with four legs. They traditionally symbolize potent and auspicious powers, particularly control over water, rainfall, typhoons, and floods. The dragon is also a symbol of power, strength, and good luck for people who are worthy of it in East Asian culture. During the days of Imperial China, the Emperor of China usually used the dragon as a symbol of his imperial power and strength.

Chinese dragon - Wikipedia

View attachment 90071
I bet they taste good deep fried in tempura batter over noodles in a fish sauce, just sayin . . .

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fictionally, platinum dragons and drakes are good creatures. Why they attack people is because of poor choice in AI, probably due to their being tameable.

Lions and tigers are majestic creatures and you should feel bad about killing them. :Begging:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fictionally, platinum dragons and drakes are good creatures. Why they attack people is because of poor choice in AI, probably due to their being tameable.

Lions and tigers are majestic creatures and you should feel bad about killing them. :Begging:
What about Bears, oh my.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lions and tigers are majestic creatures and you should feel bad about killing
While I agree in regards to their beauty, I believe the natives that those majestic critters activly hunt would disagree in regards to feeling bad about killing them.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While I agree in regards to their beauty, I believe the natives that those majestic critters activly hunt would disagree in regards to feeling bad about killing them.
that and they taste good when smoked and served with rice.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't expect consistency. You will be disappointed. If you haven't been banned from the official forums, you should bring up lions there.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What's fun is losing Karma for killing Lifestealers in Ter Mur, even though they have a grey name, look like a Devourer of Souls, and attack you on sight while they use Necro spells.
Or having to lose Karma killing Fairy Dragons in the first level of the Wyvern [Renowned] Mini-Champ Spawn, then watching the remaining Fairy Dragons decimate the 2nd lvl spawn (Wyverns) for you, then they get killed by the third level spawn (Forgotten Servants). The Forgotten Servants have a blue name, yet will attack you on sight.