• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Everyone has left UO for Albion?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any ideas how many people have left UO for Albion? I guess we won't know how many people have cancelled their subscriptions until their subscriptions run out.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I was enjoying it as a gatherer, but there's not a lot of solo pvp to be had with all the zerg guilds controlling red and black zones. You either join a zerg or get slaughtered, I guess it's not so different from UO after all...

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't say everyone or even close to it but I'm sure there are a few. And as you say, we won't ever know.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tried it, was ok , was not the replacement for UO. I suspect it will be a diversion for a couple of months for some but in the end, for all the hype there just ain't a lot of meat on that bone IMO.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I left for Zelda Breath of the Wild... but I'll be back. I always come back.

Stubentiger

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
No, I am just waiting until UO gets its act together. Then I resubscribe!
My 700+ steam games will keep me busy in the meanime I guess.
Still have hopes for Shards - I love Albions graphic, but the pvp angle is not for me.
:)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I didn't think there had been a mass exodus....it hasn't been out very long, has it?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I left for Zelda Breath of the Wild... but I'll be back. I always come back.
Beat that months ago. Then I played the Master Mode DLC and rushed to get the Master Sword and Barbarian Armor/upgrade it to max ASAP. Rest of game was a breeze. Still have to beat Trial of the Sword on both difficulties though.

I've been playing FF14 as well, over on the Malboro server.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have enjoyed Albion, it has been really fun since the launch and I've seen sooo many people from my uo past. I don't think it really resembles uo tho, I think more uo people are excited about Legends of Aria Online.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was very interested in Legends of Aria when i checked the website, really does sound like an "updated" version of UO......but.
The whole idea of players being able to make, host and mod their own world sends shivers down my spine.
What will the world look like if everyone and their dog is off making there own world?
Mods......always a gamble and unless you got REALLY secure code can be a nightmare waiting to happen.
Host ???? Sounds like they are gonna use your own computer as a gateway to your world?? Nothing about this one word makes me feel at ease?

Stubentiger

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Shards will have an oficial server.
As for modding?
The MOBA craze I think started with a mod. If Blizzard had known :p

I think the days of monlithic mmos are over. Nowadays mmos will find their niches and thrive - and what better way when you can mod it?
Neverwiner Night players and some UO players hope for shards as it is the only game at the moment that lets you customize your servers.
UO would probably have a problem allowing mods - First is Electronic Arts and econd is the old code and tools.

Albion sounds like a decent pvp game if they get the territory fighting stuff right.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This thread has been cleaned up a little due to a real world political discussion starting.

A rule prohibiting the discussion of real world politics on Stratics was created during the United States presidential election, and was announced here: Political discussions on Stratics.

Please refrain from any further real world political discussion going forward.

Thank you.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There will be an announcement soon.
Either they are extremely quiet right now about the Anniversary and UO's future because....
a, There is something huge about to happen to UO.
b, They haven't had word on whether they will get their contract renewed in November.
c, They know UO is doomed and just want us to keep paying for as long as possible so they can pump the cash into their "main" game DaoC.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To be clear: I'd love to cheer UO on and pretend the inevitable is not fairly close at this point but I don't feel the staff have earned it. A pet revamp was great, but 10 years too late. Banning a cheating EM is too little too late when you look around and can tell who is cheating on a monumental scale and getting away with it. It was a good run though...

I still own my accounts, hoping for a rabbit out of the staff bag of tricks... but not holding my breath.
FYI I just Download Albion. ill send you a message on what i think about it.

Unfortunately I think @Mesanna is prepared to go down with her ship at this point. She is either blind or a part of the problem.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI I just Download Albion. ill send you a message on what i think about it.

Unfortunately I think @Mesanna is prepared to go down with her ship at this point. She is either blind or a part of the problem.
Hehe, don't kid yourself.
They wont go down with this ship, they will just move over full-time to DaoC. ;)

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you enjoying it mate?
So far so good. Just doing all the noob grind stuff right now. Graphics are pretty bad but that has never bothered me.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought i had left "rubber banding" behind with UO.....turns out i was wrong. lol.....so annoying to keep porting back and forth while trying to get to the node before somebody else and seeing them porting all over the place too :D