• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed [EVENT] The Pact of Xaerhaonohr

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5/25/2017 – The guards arrived at the dungeon of Hythloth, per the Wayward Knight’s instruction, and met the knight himself. He warned that the demon was hidden within Hythloth’s depths, and that the dungeon’s halls were particularly dangerous that day. A hard battle would have to be fought to find the demon. The guards pushed into the dungeon, slaughtering the many deadly denizens and braving the diabolical traps set for them, until finding at the deepest level the demon called Xaerhaonohr. It seemed to know the reason the guards were there, and immediately sought to make a deal. The demon attempted at first to trick the guards the same way it tricked the paladins so long ago, by offering a weapon that would defeat the Knights of Mondain but not kill them, however his ruse was exposed. And so, the demon corrected its deal, offering weapons that would most assuredly kill the Knights, but in return he demanded that the guards would have to slay the Wayward Knight when it was all over. The guards were hesitant to accept such a deal, and after failing to convince them, the demon decided to allow them time to consider the bargain.

Continue reading...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The daemon will need to (if a deal is struck as posed by him) give us the weapons to defeat the Knights of Mondain permanently, and we will then need to prove these weapons by vanquishing the Knights. Our objective at that time is complete and there is nothing binding us, except for a deal with an evil daemon, to attack the Wayward Knight. I see three possible directions for this action:

1. Xaerhaonohr will become so enraged that he attacks us.
2. Xaerhaonohr becomes so enraged that he attacks the Wayward Knight.
3. The Wayward Knight is aware of the contract and sacrifices himself to avoid further conflict.

I would like to save The Wayward Knight if possible. Make every effort to keep details from him so he does not attend our meeting with Xaerhaonohr to close a deal. Proceed with the daemon as tho we will slay the Knight and when the time comes that Xaerhaonohr is expecting delivery of the Knight's soul we simply tell him no, we will not do it. We will be the only targets for his fury.

What do you think, Legends? I'm not good at bargaining, maybe someone can devise a foolproof plan. Mine will only work if we can keep The Wayward Knight unaware.